Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: changing server time
Operating Systems AIX changing server time Post 302344527 by pernasivam on Monday 17th of August 2009 02:22:20 AM
Old 08-17-2009
Yes,

It needs down time. Because your server having DB. Please get a down time after that you have to change the time and sync with your ntpd server for your time chaging.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How to MV without changing Time Stamp

Hi, I need to move the set of files, and it should be same time stamp as previous. How to do this? (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: redlotus72
3 Replies

2. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

How To Provide Time Sync Using Nts-150 Time Server On Unix Network?

can anybody tel lme,how to instal NTS -150 on a unix network,it needs some patch to fetch time frm serve,,?? (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: pesty
2 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

changing modified time

How to change the modified time of a file to any specified time. ls -ltr drwxr-xr-x 2 pipe pipe 4096 Jun 10 10:33 coredump_06062008 ---------------------------------------------------------------------- here file coredump_06062008 last modified time is Jun 10 10:33 and i... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: ali560045
1 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need help in changing Mod time of a file

I have a file called MasterRECEIVEFranScript. I need to change its modified time to Sep 20 09:34 2008 For this i have tried a command ,but no success touch -m -t 1222079885 MasterRECEIVEFranScript ------------------------------------------------------------- Plz help me in this ? ... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: ali560045
6 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Why does the 'pid' keep changing every time?

HI I checked the pid of a process on my machine using this command. ps -ef | awk '/process_name/{ print $2 }' I get the result as 12245 I check it again after 2 mins, I get the result as 12264 I check it again after 2 mins, I get the result as 12289 It keeps on this. How does this pid... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: ss3944
4 Replies

6. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Changing Time and date on Virtual server

Hello Everyone I am running a Sunos 5.10 Generic_138888-02 sun4u sparc SUNW,SPARC-Enterprise machine with more than one virtual servers are on this box. My question is possable to change the date and time on the virtual server without change the time on the main server? Thanks Peter (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Peterh
4 Replies

7. HP-UX

Changing system time in HP-UX using perl

Hi All, I would like to change system time for my testing purposes. All I need is to change the system time forward/backward in seconds. I am providing the perl code that I am using to change system time on all platforms. --------- use strict; use English; my $sec; my $mday; my... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: xyz3245
2 Replies

8. AIX

changing the time zone in aix

hi may aix version is 6100-06-03-1048 when i give date command it shows the time zone as root@cbspsgui01 #date Fri Sep 16 08:43:42 Africa/Johannesburg 2011 I want to change the time zone to GMT +02:00: After i change the time zone it should show something like the one below when i type... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: newtoaixos
2 Replies

9. Solaris

modifying date and time and time zone on solaris 5.10 with (redundant server) veritas

I have a cluster of two Solaris server (veritas cluster). one working and the other is standby I am going to change the date on them , and am looking for a secure solution as it is giving an important service. my opinion is that the active one doesn't need to be restarted (if I don't change the... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: barry1946
1 Replies

10. Red Hat

Touch - changing date and time

Hi, I am facing a problem with the command - TOUCH on Linux. See the example below: File on Linux: rw-rw-r-- user1 user1 Jan 01 09:00 test.txt The file - test.txt was created by the user - user1. Now, I want to change the date and time, but using other user - user2 The user2... (12 Replies)
Discussion started by: brjohnsmith
12 Replies
BDB.DB0(5)							AFS File Reference							BDB.DB0(5)

NAME
bdb.DB0, bdb.DBSYS1 - Contain the Backup Database and associated log DESCRIPTION
The bdb.DB0 file contains the Backup Database, which records configuration information used by the AFS Backup System along with cross- indexed records of the tapes created and volumes dumped using the Backup System commands. The bdb.DBSYS1 file is a log file in which the Backup Server (buserver process) logs each database operation before performing it. When an operation is interrupted, the Backup Server replays the log to complete the operation. Both files are in binary format and reside in the /var/lib/openafs/db directory on each database server machine that runs the Backup Server. When the Backup Server starts or restarts on a given machine, it establishes a connection with its peers and verifies that its copy of the bdb.DB0 file matches the copy on the other database server machines. If not, the Backup Servers use AFS's distributed database technology, Ubik, to distribute to all of the machines the copy of the database with the highest version number. Use the commands in the backup suite to administer the Backup Database. It is advisable to create a backup copy of the bdb.DB0 file on tape on a regular basis, using the UNIX tar command or another local disk backup utility. SEE ALSO
backup(8), backup_savedb(8), buserver(8) COPYRIGHT
IBM Corporation 2000. <http://www.ibm.com/> All Rights Reserved. This documentation is covered by the IBM Public License Version 1.0. It was converted from HTML to POD by software written by Chas Williams and Russ Allbery, based on work by Alf Wachsmann and Elizabeth Cassell. OpenAFS 2012-03-26 BDB.DB0(5)