Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: help with fseek
Top Forums Programming help with fseek Post 302344445 by ramkrix on Sunday 16th of August 2009 04:47:38 PM
Old 08-16-2009
Thank you Jim

3 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Programming

error when using fseek() function

The errors EBADF & ESPIPE occur at this fseek call. Does anybody know how to solve this problem? Thanks in advance. toFileStream=fdopen(localFileDes,"ra+"); if(fseek(toFileStream, 0, SEEK_END)!=0){ if(errno==EBADF) printf("errno==EBADF\n"); if(errno==EINVAL)... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: ivancheung
3 Replies

2. Programming

q on fseek() & ftell() + tga files

In determining the true file size of a .tga file is the fseek(fptr,0,SEEK_END); file_size = ftell(fptr); combination reliable ? The reason Im asking is because the value of file_size is in agreement with doing a wc -c mytga.tga however when I get the value of the extension... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: JamesGoh
2 Replies

3. Programming

help with reading a binary file and fseek

this is my code and no matter what record number the user enters i cant get any of the records fields to read into the structure acct. What am i doing wrong? #include <stdio.h> typedef struct { char name; int number; float balance; } acct_info_t; int main (int... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: bjhum33
0 Replies
FSEEKO(3)						     Linux Programmer's Manual							 FSEEKO(3)

NAME
fseeko, ftello - seek to or report file position SYNOPSIS
#include <stdio.h> int fseeko(FILE *stream, off_t offset, int whence); off_t ftello(FILE *stream); DESCRIPTION
The fseeko() and ftello() functions are identical to fseek(3) and ftell(3) (see fseek(3)), respectively, except that the offset argument of fseeko() and the return value of ftello() is of type off_t instead of long. On many architectures both off_t and long are 32-bit types, but compilation with #define _FILE_OFFSET_BITS 64 will turn off_t into a 64-bit type. RETURN VALUE
On successful completion, fseeko() returns 0, while ftello() returns the current offset. Otherwise, -1 is returned and errno is set to indicate the error. ERRORS
See the ERRORS in fseek(3). CONFORMING TO
SUSv2, POSIX.1-2001. NOTES
These functions are found on System V-like systems. They are not present in libc4, libc5, glibc 2.0 but are available since glibc 2.1. SEE ALSO
fseek(3) COLOPHON
This page is part of release 3.27 of the Linux man-pages project. A description of the project, and information about reporting bugs, can be found at http://www.kernel.org/doc/man-pages/. 2001-11-05 FSEEKO(3)