Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Solaris Unable to find 8 gb of memory Post 302344268 by System Shock on Saturday 15th of August 2009 12:52:57 PM
Old 08-15-2009
ldmd is running. Do you have ldoms configured on this system?

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

unable to allocate enough memory

On SunOS 5.8 I get an error when starting a large Java process with over 2Gb memory. Error occurred during initialization of VM Could not reserve enough space for object heap When stopping several other Java processes we can start this process. This seems to indicate that we don't have... (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: rein
11 Replies

2. HP-UX

WAS 6.1 ND/Lawson ERP/HP-UX 11.23 PA-RISC - unable to attach shared memory segment

I'm not an HP-UX Admin professional, but rather a Lawson ERP installer. I'm looking for clues on how to troubleshoot this issue. I have WAS 6.1 ND running on HP-UX 11.23 PA-RISC with the Lawson ERP application . When I start the Lawson application, no errors arise. When I start WAS app server, an... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: mrvitas
4 Replies

3. Solaris

How to find Total and Free Physical Memory and Logical Memory in SOLARIS 9

Hi, Im working on Solaris 9 on SPARC-32 bit running on an Ultra-80, and I have to find out the following:- 1. Total Physical Memory in the system(total RAM). 2. Available Physical Memory(i.e. RAM Usage) 3. Total (Logical) Memory in the system 4. Available (Logical) Memory. I know... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: 0ktalmagik
4 Replies

4. Solaris

unable to detect new cpu/memory module

Hi all, I just add in new cpu/memory module into SFV480 and unable to see new module on slot B. I already try many way like only 1 new module and swap the both module and boot up but still unable to see it. If I only install the module into slot B, then the server is unbootable at all. I... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: mailbox80
1 Replies

5. Red Hat

Unable to remove shared memory in Redhat Linux

unable to remove shared memory using ipcrm -m in linux $ ipcs -m ------ Shared Memory Segments -------- key shmid owner perms bytes nattch status 0x00000000 32768 root 644 80 2 0x00000000 65537 root ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: LinuxLearner
4 Replies

6. Solaris

unable to allocate enough memory

On SunOS 10 get an error when starting a large Java process with over 2Gb memory. Error occurred during initialization of VM Could not reserve enough space for object heap i have 32G memory !! , swap = 31G Please any advice !!! (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: moata_u
3 Replies

7. Red Hat

Unable to view output of Sar File for memory

Hi I am unable to view the output of sar file using below command sar -f sar07, it is showing below error. Invalid system activity file: sar07 (0x920) above file is in location /var/log/sa wheather for memory it is creating the file at different location? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: manoj.solaris
1 Replies

8. HP-UX

How to find the used memory in HP-UX?

Hi all, Can any please provide how to calculate the cpu and memory usage of HP-UX server. Thanks in advance. (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: ssk250
6 Replies

9. AIX

Unable to change memory

Hello All, So it goes like this... I logged in to the HMC console , trying to change the memory of LPAR from 20 to 25 GB . It says that "your profile is configured to use maximum of only 20 GB" and not able to increase the memory. I created a new profile and filled "maximum memory " field... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: gull05
4 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Unable to find package

Hi there. I'm putting together a small cluster of Raspberry pis running Raspbian. They've all been setup identically from the same sd image. They all update and install perfectly except one node which refuses to install anything. It has exactly the same login, network, user details etc,... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: MuntyScrunt
3 Replies
sysfs(2)							System Calls Manual							  sysfs(2)

NAME
sysfs - get file system type information SYNOPSIS
DESCRIPTION
is used to return information about the file system types configured in the system. The number arguments accepted by varies and depends on the opcode. The current recognized opcodes and their functions are: Translate fsname, a null-terminated file-system type identifier, into a file-system type index. Translate fs_index, a file-system type index, into a null-terminated file-system type identifier and write it into the buffer pointed to by buf; this buffer must be at least of size as defined in If there is no file-system type configured at fs_index, a null string is returned for the file-system type identifier. Return one more than the largest file system type configured. This is not the number of file system types configured, because the type numbers may not be contiguous. See the example below. RETURN VALUE
Upon successful completion, returns the file-system type index if the opcode is a value of 0 if the opcode is or the number of file system types configured if the opcode is Otherwise, a value of -1 is returned and is set to indicate the error. ERRORS
fails if one or more of the following are true and sets to the value indicated: fsname points to an invalid file-system identifier; fs_index is negative or greater than the largest file-system type index; opcode is invalid. buf or fsname points to an invalid user address. EXAMPLES
List the filesystem types configured in the system. sysfs(2)