Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: uniq the file content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting uniq the file content Post 302344235 by aaysa123 on Saturday 15th of August 2009 10:40:38 AM
Old 08-15-2009
Hi when i am giving this comman i m getting error like

Code:
nawk -F"," '!a[$1$4]++' test
a[: Event not found.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

inserting uniq sequential numbers at the start of the file

Hi Unix gurus, I have a file. I need to insert sequential number at the starting of the file. Fields are delimited by "|". I know the starting number. Example: File is as follows |123|4test|test |121|2test|test |x12|1test|test |vd123|5test|test starting number is : 120 ... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: jingi1234
7 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

compare two col from 2 files, and output uniq from file 1

Hi, I can't find how to achive such thing, please help. I have try with uniq and comm but those command can't compare columns just whole lines, I think awk will be the best but awk is magic for me as of now. file a a1~a2~a3~a4~a6~a7~a8 file b b1~b2~b3~b4~b6~b7~b8 output 1: compare... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: pp56825
2 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How to uniq third field in a file

Hi ; I have a question regarding the uniq command in unix How do I uniq 3rd field in a file ? original file : zoom coord 39 18652 39 18652 zoom coord 39 18653 39 18653 zoom coord 39 18818 39 18818 zoom coord 39 18840 39 18840 zoom coord 41 15096 41 15096 zoom... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: babycakes
1 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

find uniq lines in file, using the first field of line

Hello all, new to unix and have just found the forum. I think I will be here quite often, and hope that in time i will be able to provide soem help, role on not being a newbie anymore :) I have a question which iI am hoping someone could help me with. If i have a file with lines in in thus... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: grom
8 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Several file comparison not uniq or comm command

When comparing several files is there a way to find values unique to each file? File1 a b c d File2 a b t File 3 a (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: dr_sabz
3 Replies

6. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

$cat file|sort|uniq

I have a file with list of redundant server names and want only unique ones of those. I have used following command but still redudant ones are listing $cat file|sort|uniq where could be the problem. Thanks, Srinivas (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: srinivas Juluri
3 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Using dirname on a file before uniq

Hello, I have a list of files generated like this: find dir -type f > file_list I want to get a list of just the unique directories. I can't create a temporary file. So the idea is to do a working equivalent to this: cat file_list | dirname | uniq But of course that doesn't... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: brsett
4 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Sed: replace content from file with the content from file

Hi, I am having trouble while using 'sed' with reading files. Please help. I have 3 files. File A, file B and file C. I want to find content of file B in file A and replace it by content in file C. Thanks a lot!! Here is a sample of my question. e.g. (file A: a.txt; file B: b.txt; file... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: dirkaulo
3 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

How do a distinct from a file using sort uniq in bash?

I have an output file .dat. From this file i have to do a distinct of the ID using the sort uniq command in bash script. How can i do it? i found : sort -u ${FILEOUT_DAT} but i don't think is my solution because the id isn't specified.. is there other solution? (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: punticci
7 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to remove exisiting file content from a file and have to append new file content?

hi all, i had the below script x=`cat input.txt |wc -1` awk 'NR>1 && NR<'$x' ' input.txt > output.txt by using above script i am able to remove the head and tail part from the input file and able to append the output to the output.txt but if i run it for second time the output is... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: hemanthsaikumar
2 Replies
Locale::Codes::LangVar(3pm)				 Perl Programmers Reference Guide			       Locale::Codes::LangVar(3pm)

NAME
Locale::Codes::LangVar - standard codes for language variation identification SYNOPSIS
use Locale::Codes::LangVar; $lvar = code2langvar('acm'); # $lvar gets 'Mesopotamian Arabic' $code = langvar2code('Mesopotamian Arabic'); # $code gets 'acm' @codes = all_langvar_codes(); @names = all_langvar_names(); DESCRIPTION
The "Locale::Codes::LangVar" module provides access to standard codes used for identifying language variations, such as those as defined in the IANA language registry. Most of the routines take an optional additional argument which specifies the code set to use. If not specified, the default IANA language registry codes will be used. SUPPORTED CODE SETS
There are several different code sets you can use for identifying language variations. A code set may be specified using either a name, or a constant that is automatically exported by this module. For example, the two are equivalent: $lvar = code2langvar('en','alpha-2'); $lvar = code2langvar('en',LOCALE_CODE_ALPHA_2); The codesets currently supported are: alpha This is the set of alphanumeric codes from the IANA language registry, such as 'arevela' for Eastern Armenian. This code set is identified with the symbol "LOCALE_LANGVAR_ALPHA". This is the default code set. ROUTINES
code2langvar ( CODE [,CODESET] ) langvar2code ( NAME [,CODESET] ) langvar_code2code ( CODE ,CODESET ,CODESET2 ) all_langvar_codes ( [CODESET] ) all_langvar_names ( [CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangVar::rename_langvar ( CODE ,NEW_NAME [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangVar::add_langvar ( CODE ,NAME [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangVar::delete_langvar ( CODE [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangVar::add_langvar_alias ( NAME ,NEW_NAME ) Locale::Codes::LangVar::delete_langvar_alias ( NAME ) Locale::Codes::LangVar::rename_langvar_code ( CODE ,NEW_CODE [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangVar::add_langvar_code_alias ( CODE ,NEW_CODE [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangVar::delete_langvar_code_alias ( CODE [,CODESET] ) These routines are all documented in the Locale::Codes::API man page. SEE ALSO
Locale::Codes The Locale-Codes distribution. Locale::Codes::API The list of functions supported by this module. http://www.iana.org/assignments/language-subtag-registry The IANA language subtag registry. AUTHOR
See Locale::Codes for full author history. Currently maintained by Sullivan Beck (sbeck@cpan.org). COPYRIGHT
Copyright (c) 2011-2013 Sullivan Beck This module is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the same terms as Perl itself. perl v5.18.2 2014-01-06 Locale::Codes::LangVar(3pm)