Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Solaris Verifying Solaris CD Downloads with md5 Checksum on Ubuntu Post 302344148 by andresguillen on Friday 14th of August 2009 05:15:27 PM
Old 08-14-2009
For Example if you download the following ISO "sol-10-u7-ga-x86-dvd". The MD5 for this is "6e1fc99eee3cdb0e88b8322521fd60a3". If it match, you can Install normaly !!!!
Regard

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Linux

mandrake linux 10 fourth cd MD5 checksum

I downloaded ISO file fourth CD of mandrake linux 10. But I don't have MD5 checksum. Anybody can help me! show me the MD5 checksum of it. Thanks (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: littleghost
2 Replies

2. Solaris

md5 encryption on solaris 8

is there patches enable passwords of greater than 8 characters with only md5 encryption (rather than the older crypt) for solaris 8. I am migrating a number of solaris 8 domains to branded zones. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: frustin
1 Replies

3. Solaris

Solaris 10 openldap authentication with md5 passwords

Hello to everyone, We are trying to enable ldap authentication with pam_ldap and md5 passwords on a Solaris 10 system to an openldap server. If passwords are stored using crypt, everything works correctly. But if the password in openldap is in md5, then authentication fails. We have installed... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: jfotop
0 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Create md5 sums and archive the resulting md5 files

Hello everyone, I am looking to basically creating md5sum files for all iso files in a directory and archive the resulting md5 files into a single archive in that very same directory. I worked out a clumsy solution such as: #find files for which md5sum are to be created and store the... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: SurfTranquille
1 Replies

5. Ubuntu

Installing md5 package into ubuntu

Hi i want to install md5 package into ubuntu. any idea how? Apparently applying md5sum and md5 on a string (not a file) gives a different value! The one that I need to use is the md5 command, but it says command not found when i type md5 in bash. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: jremio
2 Replies

6. Solaris

md5 checksum what does it do

Hello good people, I came across md5 checksum. Can anyone please explain to me what it does and if possible an example of how to use it? Thank you very much (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: cjashu
1 Replies

7. IP Networking

Wireshark UDP checksum bad checksum

Hello I am communicating with two devices using my computer over UDP protocol. The application is running fine. When I monitored the UDP traffic using Wireshark software, I found that there were too many Checksum errors. Please find attached the png file showing this error. I am about to... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: AustinCann
0 Replies

8. Solaris

MD5 checksum

Hi Guys, I have about MD5 checksum so many times but I can't figure out how to use it. Can someone please show me how to perform an MD5 checksum? Thanks a lot guys. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: cjashu
1 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to reverse the b64 format(encoded b64(b64(md5($pass)))) into md5 hash format?

I have about 1500 rows (encoded b64(b64(md5($pass))) algorythm) in a file. I would like reverse the b64 into md5 hash format. How could I do that from command line? So I need only the correct md5 hash formats. These row format: 4G5qc2WQzGES6QkWAUgl5w P9tKxonBOg3ymr8vOBLnDA... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: freeroute
1 Replies

10. Solaris

Solaris 8 MD5 encryption support

Hi, I did some NIS migration tests recently. The target is to migrate the NIS server from Solaris 8 to Redhat Linux 6.5. And, I found there are encryption issues while Linux NIS using MD5 hashing password for authentication whereas Solaris 8 clients using DES encryption. It causes issues... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: bestard
3 Replies
BCMFW(8)						    BSD System Manager's Manual 						  BCMFW(8)

NAME
bcmfw -- firmware download utility for Broadcom BCM2033 chip based Bluetooth USB devices SYNOPSIS
bcmfw [-h] -f firmware_file_name -m mini-driver_file_name -n device_name DESCRIPTION
The bcmfw utility downloads the specified mini-driver and firmware files to the specified device. This utility will only work with Broadcom BCM2033 chip based Bluetooth USB devices. The identification is currently based on USB vendor ID/product ID pair. The vendor ID should be 0x0a5c (USB_VENDOR_BROADCOM) and the product ID should be 0x2033. Due to copyright issues I will no longer provide mini-driver and firmware files for the device. These files can be obtained from the Linux BlueZ bluez-firmware package. Visit http://www.bluez.org/download.html for details. I am using the following files from the bluez-firmware-1.0 package: MD5 (BCM2033-MD.hex) = 5580317158d07fc4ace90af04f8e1c73 MD5 (BCM2033-FW.bin) = b4e142b3272cfe5a84b32fda6b4b032f The options are as follows: -f firmware_file_name Specify firmware file name for download. -h Display usage message and exit. -m mini-driver_file_name Specify mini-driver file name for download. -n device_name Specify device name. FILES
BCM2033-MD.hex Mini-driver image. BCM2033-FW.bin Firmware image. /dev/ubtbcmfwN.EE Endpoint EE of device N. EXIT STATUS
The bcmfw utility exits 0 on success, and >0 if an error occurs. EXAMPLES
To download the firmware into the /dev/ubtbcmfw0 device: bcmfw -n ubtbcmfw0 -m BCM2033-MD.hex -f BCM2033-FW.bin SEE ALSO
ubtbcmfw(4), ugen(4) AUTHORS
Maksim Yevmenkin <m_evmenkin@yahoo.com> BUGS
Most likely. Please report if found. BSD
March 31, 2003 BSD