Sponsored Content
Special Forums UNIX and Linux Applications Infrastructure Monitoring zfs - migrate from pool to pool Post 302343976 by pupp on Friday 14th of August 2009 09:19:26 AM
Old 08-14-2009
ok so say i copy all data from /opt/opennms/share/rrd to /storage/onms/rrd and then set mountpoint to /opt/opennms/share/rrd, this should do the trick?

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Solaris

ZFS Pool Mix-up

Hi all I plan to install Solaris 10U6 on some SPARC server using ZFS as root pool, whereas I would like to keep the current setup done by VxVM: - 2 internal disks: c0t0d0 and c0t1d0 - bootable root-volume (mirrored, both disks) - 1 non-mirrored swap slice - 1 non-mirrored slices for Live... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: blicki
1 Replies

2. Solaris

ZFS pool question

I created a pool the other day. I created a 10 gig files just for a test, then deleted it. I proceeded to create a few files systems. But for some reason the pool shows 10% full, but the files systems are both at 1%? Both files systems share the same pool. When I ls -al the pool I just... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: mrlayance
6 Replies

3. Solaris

ZFS - list of disks used in a pool

Hi guys, We had created a pool as follows: zpool create filing_pool raidz c1t2d0 c1t3d0 ........ Due to some requirement, we need to destroy the pool and re-create another one. We wish to know now which disks have been included in the filing_pool, how do we list the disks used to create... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: frum
2 Replies

4. Solaris

zfs pool migration

I need to migrate an existing raidz pool to a new raidz pool with larger disks. I need the mount points and attributes to migrate as well. What is the best procedure to accomplish this. The current pool is 6x36GB disks 202GB capacity and I am migrating to 5x 72GB disks 340GB capacity. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: jac
2 Replies

5. Solaris

Best way to rename a ZFS Pool?

Other than export/import, is there a cleaner way to rename a pool without unmounting de FS? Something like, say "zpool rename a b"? Thanks. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: verdepollo
2 Replies

6. Solaris

ZFS - overfilled pool

installed Solaris 11 Express on my server machine a while ago. I created a Z2 RAID over five HDDs and created a few ZFS filesystems on it. Once I (unintentionally) managed to fill the pool completely with data and (to my surprise) the filesystems stopped working - I could not read/delete any... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: RychnD
3 Replies

7. Solaris

reassign zfs pool lun

I have a branded zone txdjintra that utilizes a pool named Pool_djintra that is no longer required. There is a 150 Gig Lun assigned to the pool that I need to reassign to another branded zone txpsrsrv07 with a pool named Pool_txpsrsrv07 on the same sun blade. What is the process to do this? ... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: jeffsr
0 Replies

8. Solaris

Need to remove a disk from zfs pool

I accidently added a disk in different zpool instead of pool, where I want. root@prtdrd21:/# zpool status cvfdb2_app_pool pool: cvfdb2_app_pool state: ONLINE scan: none requested config: NAME STATE READ WRITE CKSUM cvfdb2_app_pool ONLINE 0 0 0... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: solaris_1977
1 Replies

9. Solaris

Zfs send to compressed pool?

I have a newly created zpool, and I have set compression on, for the whole pool: # zfs set compression=on newPool Now I have zfs send | zfs receive lot of snapshots to my newPool, but the compression is gone. I was hoping that I would be able to send snapshots to the new pool (which is... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: kebabbert
0 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Opening up ZFS pool as writable

I have installed FreeBSD onto a raw image file using QEMU Emulator successfully. I have formatted the image file using the ZFS file system (ZFS POOL). Using the following commands below I have successfully mounted the image file ready to be opened by zpool sudo losetup /dev/loop0 .img sudo... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: alphatron150
1 Replies
MRTG-RRD(1)							       mrtg							       MRTG-RRD(1)

NAME
mrtg-rrd - How to use RRDtool with MRTG SYNOPSIS
After using MRTG for some time you may find some limitations, mostly in the areas of performance and graphing flexibility. These are exactly the areas addressed by RRDtool. To learn more about RRDtool check out its website on http://oss.oetiker.ch/rrdtool RRDTOOL INTEGRATION
When using mrtg with RRDtool you are replacing rateup with the RRDtool perl module RRDs.pm. To enable RRDtool support in mrtg you have to add the line LogFormat: rrdtool to your mrtg config file. MRTG needs access to both the RRDtool perl module RRDs.pm and to the rrdtool executable. If these two items are not installed in locations where perl can find them on its own, then you can use the following two parameters to supply the appropriate directories. For the location of the rrdtool executable you put PathAdd: /usr/local/rrdtool/bin/ or PathAdd: c: rdtoolin For the location of the perl module it would be: LibAdd: /usr/local/rrdtool/lib/perl/ or LibAdd: c: rdtoolinlibperl When you have made this modification to the configuration file, several things will happen when you run mrtg again with the new config file: 1. mrtg will take all your old ".log" files and convert them to ".rrd" format. (The ".log" files don't get touched in the process, so if things don't work out they are still there.) 2. mrtg will use rrdtool to update its databases. These will have a new format called rrd which is totally different than the native log format of the classic mrtg. 3. mrtg will not create any webpages of graphs anymore. It will only query the routers for traffic information and update its rrd data- bases. The advantage of whole thing is that the mrtg will become much faster. Expect the runtime to drop to 20% of the previous value. (I would like to get some feedback on this from folks with large installations.) Mind you, though, while the logging process of RRDtool is very fast, you are also gaining some time by neither creating graphs nor updating webpages. The idea behind this is that it is more efficient to create graphs and webpages on demand by using a cgi script. At the moment there is no official script to do this, but two contributers have created such scripts: One4All aka 14all.cgi This was the first program to take over the webpage creation and graphing task. It has been developed by Rainer Bawidamann rainer.baw- idamann@web.de. You can find a copy on Rainers website: http://my14all.sourceforge.net/ The program comes with its own documentation routers.cgi, servers.cgi and generic.cgi These are other cgi frontends to mrtg running with rrdtool. The main difference between this and 14all is that the web pages it creates are much more stylish than the ones from mrtg. These tools have been written by Steve Shipway steve@steveshipway.org. You can find a copy in http://www.steveshipway.org/software/ The programs come with their own installation instructions. mrtg-rrd The mrtg-rrd script is a CGI/FastCGI application by Jan "Yenya" Kasprzak for displaying MRTG graphs from data in the RRDtool format. It is an intended replacement for the 14all.cgi script. It can make your monitoring system faster because MRTG does not have to generate all the PNG files with graphs every 5 minutes or so. Instead of this the graphs are generated on-demand when the user wants to see them. http://www.fi.muni.cz/~kas/mrtg-rrd/ Paul C. Williamson has written a more in-depth page on how the whole process works, including some performance figures. You can find his page on http://www.geocities.com/paulcwilliamson/mrtg/rateup2rrd.html FUTURE
Just as a side note: MRTG-3 will be based entirely on rrdtool technology. But don't wait for it ... get going now! AUTHOR
Tobias Oetiker <tobi@oetiker.ch> 2.16.2 2008-05-16 MRTG-RRD(1)