Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Simple bat file
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Simple bat file Post 302343930 by Dird on Friday 14th of August 2009 06:45:52 AM
Old 08-14-2009
It says "could not start" in the "scheduled task" section. It did the same thing when I commented out (:Smilie the main line meaning that all that was left was the path settings & exit

It also says it when removing the line completely.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Need to create .bat file to store log file

Hi guys. Can someone point me to a resource that explains this? Basically these are websphere logs that need to be stored daily, I'm on sunOS 5.8. Each new file stored could have the current time as its filename. The script could be run on a cron which I can set up. I'm just not sure how to write... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: dirtybrown
0 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk,gawk in bat file

Hi. I'm trying to convert bat file into shell script. Bat file invokes awk file in one section: c:\upg\exe\gawk -f c:\upg\awk\gen_sae.awk -v OP=C:\\upg\\lod\\... ...c:\upg\ref\saaxi.ref c:\upg\log\SAAEPWO.log c:\upg\ref\saaepref.log First of all I issued unix2dos command on that awk file.... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: andrej
0 Replies

3. Windows & DOS: Issues & Discussions

Need solution for Bat FIle using FOR Cycle

Hi people. Don't know if you could help me, but here it goes anyway. I need to search for some directories, and if i for any file founded a must run another Bat file. Can this be done in DOS ? Thanks in advance (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: osramos
1 Replies

4. Windows & DOS: Issues & Discussions

one question for .bat file

Hi! I'm very sorry for such simple and silly question but I cannot answer it by myself. Can you please help me? In .bat file I should run the C program which is in other directory, and the input configuration file is in this directory too. This dir name is in dirRun variable. The... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Anta
3 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

how to call a .bat file using KSH

Hi all, I am a very new user for korn scripting and in a process of learning. i have a .bat file that calls a .vbs file which calls a macro used to convert an excel spread sheet to .csv file... Now i want to automate this process. I want to call this bat file using a korn script or a korn... (16 Replies)
Discussion started by: bhagya2340
16 Replies

6. Windows & DOS: Issues & Discussions

bat file opening multiple IE windows

I'm trying to open multiple IE windows and enter the same text and press <enter> on each. Here's an example with what I have so far. REM Open @echo on start http://10.1.1.1 ping 1.1.1.1 -n 5 -w 1000 >nul @echo password start http://10.1.1.2 ping 1.1.1.1 -n 5 -w 1000 >nul @echo password... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Pitt
2 Replies

7. Windows & DOS: Issues & Discussions

bat file to connect UNIX server.

Hi, i am trying to connect to unix server from windows bat file using telnet command. But bat file is unable to pass username and password hence could not login to UNIX. My requirement is to connect UNIX server from .bat file and run few macros at a perticular schedule. My UNIX login does... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: rahulbahulekar
1 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Run cygwin in .bat file

Hello everyone, I've written quite a few AWK scripts to run in cygwin and now, I would like to run them one after the other in a .bat file. The problem is, I tried modifying the .bat file used to run cygwin in the first place, but whenever I change something, it doesn't work. The PATH is set up... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Teroc
3 Replies

9. Windows & DOS: Issues & Discussions

Executing .bat file

Hi , I have a bat file on windows machine ,I need to excute it from my local unix machine using sambe utility.Is there any comman to execute the .bat file remotely. Using samba utility i can post files to and fro from windows to unix but i don't comman to exute the .bat file. can any one... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Raamc
2 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need help with bat file!!!

I need to put/get files from Windows machine to Unix machine and vice-versa. I wrote a text file "ftp1.txt" as below. naga naga06 cd /root/Naga prom off get time.unl bye I wrote another bat file "ftp.bat" as below. ftp -n -s:C:\Users\Naga\Desktop\ftp1.txt IP_ADDRESS but... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Naga06
2 Replies
REG_TASKER(3PVM)						  PVM Version 3.4						  REG_TASKER(3PVM)

NAME
pvm_reg_tasker - Register task as PVM task starter. SYNOPSIS
C #include <pvmsdpro.h> int cc = pvm_reg_tasker() Fortran Not Available DESCRIPTION
Registers the calling task as a PVM task starter. When a tasker is registered with a pvmd, and the pvmd receives a DM_EXEC message, instead of fork()ing and exec()ing the task itself, it passes a message to the tasker, which does the dirty work and sends a message back to the pvmd. Note: If this doesn't make sense, don't worry about it. This function is for folks who are writing stuff like debugger servers and so on. For a more complete explanation of what's going on here, you should refer to the PVM source code and/or user guide section on implementa- tion; this is only a man page. That said... When the pvmd receives a DM_EXEC message (request to exec new tasks), it searches epath (the PVM executable search path) for the file name. If it finds the file, it then either attempts to start the processes (using fork() and exec()) or, if a tasker has registered, sends it a SM_STTASK message. The format of the SM_STTASK message is: int tid // of task int flags // as passed to spawn() string path // absolute path of the executable int argc // number of args to process string argv[argc] // args int nenv // number of envars to pass to task string env[nenv] // environment strings The tasker must attempt to start the process when it gets one of these messages. The tasker doesn't reply to the pvmd if the task is suc- cessfully started; the task will reconnect to the pvmd on its own, using the cookie in envar PVMEPID to identify itself to the pvmd. The tasker must send a SM_TASKX message to the pvmd when any task that it owns (has started) exits, or if it can't start a particular task. The format of the SM_TASKX message is: int tid // of task int status // the Unix exit status (from wait()) int u_sec // user time used by the task, seconds int u_usec // microseconds int s_sec // system time used by the task, seconds int s_usec // microseconds The tasker task must use pvm_setopt(PvmResvTids, 1) to allow sending reserved messages. Messages should be packed using encoding Pvm- DataDefault to ensure they can be unpacked anywhere in the system. pvm_reg_tasker() returns PvmOk when successful. SEE ALSO
pvm_spawn(3PVM), pvm_tasks(3PVM), 16 March, 1994 REG_TASKER(3PVM)