Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting extracting desired value from cmd o/p Post 302343921 by vidyadhar85 on Friday 14th of August 2009 06:10:53 AM
Old 08-14-2009
no need of such complex sed for this..
Code:
echo "Maximum volume size: 90406912 (44144Mb)"|awk -F"[(Mb)]" '{print $3}'

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

man <cmd> >> cmd.txt

I've noticed most of my postings here are because of syntax errors. So I want to begin compiling a large txt file that contains all the "man <cmd>" of the commands I most have problems with. I ran a "man nawk >> nawk.txt" but it included a header/footer on each "page". Anyone know how I'd be... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: yongho
6 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Script not working as desired

Reborg, Sorry to bother you. I have tried the code you suggested and it's not creating new files after they satisfy the criteria. If any of the files don't satisfy the criteria it should not create the files at all. Please see my output below. (39 Replies)
Discussion started by: mhssatya
39 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help me in getting the desired output

I wanted to put "|" this sign at starting and at end of every field but its not working with first field like Currently the out put is : abc | abc | abc | xyz | xyz | xyz | But I want the out put in this form: | abc | abc | abc | | xyz | xyz | xyz | plz help me. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: akash
2 Replies

4. HP-UX

Desired Format !

Hi everybody, I just need desired ouput from text file which should have folowing format; "2007-06-25 00:03:32.926+05:30",12354369,"Load","Completed","Rs.-5,556.00",9452217714 "2007-06-25 00:06:57.357+05:30",12354371,"Load","Completed","Rs.-56.00",9415766266 "2007-06-25... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: prasanth_babu
1 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Unix cmd prompt how to get old cmd run?

Hi, I am using SunOS I want to serch my previous command from unix prompt (like on AIX we can search by ESC -k) how to get in SunOs urgent help require. (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: RahulJoshi
10 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Extracting duplicates from a desired field

Hello, I have a file of group names and GID's (/etc/group) and I want to find the duplicate group names and put them in a file. So there are 2 fields, i.e.: audit 10 avahi 70 avahi-autoipd 103 bellrpi 605 bin 1 bin 2 bord 512 busobj 161 bwadm 230 cali81 202 card 323 cardiff 901 cbm... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: mgb
2 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

need to get the desired output

Below is the my cide which is working fine but I am not getting the output indesired format.there is some problem in alignment.Can someone help me to correct this? if ]; then summary=$( echo -e "Please review the log file of auto coloclean utility.\n"; echo -e... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: anuragpgtgerman
2 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Perl open(CMD, "cmd |"); buffering problem..

Hello, There's a third-party application's command that shows the application's status like "tail -f verybusy.log". When use the command, the output comes every 1-sec. but when it goes in a script below the output comes every 8-sec...What is the problem and how can I fix it? open(CMD,... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Shawn, Lee
2 Replies

9. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Help me in getting the desired result

Hi All, I have input file which is pipe delimited A | 1 B | 2 c | 3I need output of displaying total number of lines in a file as last column. A | 1 | 3-----total number of linesin file. B | 2 | 3 c | 3 | 3 (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: pravinashwin
9 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Desired Date format

I need to get the current year for the files that has been created today. Ex- when i list in unix console it shows ls -l abc.txt -rw-rw-r-- 1 user1 user1 33 May 2 08:58 abc.txt but i need to get as May 2 2013 , i dont need 08:58 is there any command to list it out in that... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: Prashanth B
7 Replies
Locale::Codes::LangFam(3pm)				 Perl Programmers Reference Guide			       Locale::Codes::LangFam(3pm)

NAME
Locale::Codes::LangFam - standard codes for language extension identification SYNOPSIS
use Locale::Codes::LangFam; $lext = code2langfam('apa'); # $lext gets 'Apache languages' $code = langfam2code('Apache languages'); # $code gets 'apa' @codes = all_langfam_codes(); @names = all_langfam_names(); DESCRIPTION
The "Locale::Codes::LangFam" module provides access to standard codes used for identifying language families, such as those as defined in ISO 639-5. Most of the routines take an optional additional argument which specifies the code set to use. If not specified, the default ISO 639-5 language family codes will be used. SUPPORTED CODE SETS
There are several different code sets you can use for identifying language families. A code set may be specified using either a name, or a constant that is automatically exported by this module. For example, the two are equivalent: $lext = code2langfam('apa','alpha'); $lext = code2langfam('apa',LOCALE_LANGFAM_ALPHA); The codesets currently supported are: alpha This is the set of three-letter (lowercase) codes from ISO 639-5 such as 'apa' for Apache languages. This is the default code set. ROUTINES
code2langfam ( CODE [,CODESET] ) langfam2code ( NAME [,CODESET] ) langfam_code2code ( CODE ,CODESET ,CODESET2 ) all_langfam_codes ( [CODESET] ) all_langfam_names ( [CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangFam::rename_langfam ( CODE ,NEW_NAME [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangFam::add_langfam ( CODE ,NAME [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangFam::delete_langfam ( CODE [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangFam::add_langfam_alias ( NAME ,NEW_NAME ) Locale::Codes::LangFam::delete_langfam_alias ( NAME ) Locale::Codes::LangFam::rename_langfam_code ( CODE ,NEW_CODE [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangFam::add_langfam_code_alias ( CODE ,NEW_CODE [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangFam::delete_langfam_code_alias ( CODE [,CODESET] ) These routines are all documented in the Locale::Codes::API man page. SEE ALSO
Locale::Codes The Locale-Codes distribution. Locale::Codes::API The list of functions supported by this module. http://www.loc.gov/standards/iso639-5/id.php ISO 639-5 . AUTHOR
See Locale::Codes for full author history. Currently maintained by Sullivan Beck (sbeck@cpan.org). COPYRIGHT
Copyright (c) 2011-2012 Sullivan Beck This module is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the same terms as Perl itself. perl v5.16.2 2012-10-11 Locale::Codes::LangFam(3pm)