Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: XML to csv transformation
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting XML to csv transformation Post 302343912 by siba.s.nayak on Friday 14th of August 2009 05:15:44 AM
Old 08-14-2009
Thanks a lot. I used XML::LibXSLT. Now it works fine.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

CSV to XML

Iam pretty new to UNIX and would like to convert a CSV to an XML file using AWK scripts. Can anybody suggest a solution? My CSV file looks something like this : Serial No Growth% Annual % Commission % Unemployed % 1 35% 29% 59% 42% 2 61% ... (15 Replies)
Discussion started by: pjanakir
15 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

CSV processing to XML

Hi, i am really fresh with shell scripting and programming, i have an issue i am not able to solve to populate data on my server for Cisco IP phones. I have CSV file within the following format: ;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;; ;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;; ;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;; ;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;; ;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: angel2008
9 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

XML file transformation

Hi all, I have to transform a XML file like this: <?xml version="1.0"?> <vocabulary> <voc_id>102</voc_id> <name>Vocabulary Name</name> <description>Voc description</description> <relations>3</relations> <hierarchy>5</hierarchy> <word> <word_id>1</word_id> ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: aLittleBeat
1 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

XML to CSV specific

Hi , Please any one to help on ,extract this xml code into csv columns list. <SOURCEFIELD BUSINESSNAME ="" DATATYPE ="date" DESCRIPTION ="" FIELDNUMBER ="1" FIELDPROPERTY ="0" FIELDTYPE ="ELEMITEM" HIDDEN ="NO" KEYTYPE ="NOT A KEY" LENGTH ="19" LEVEL ="0" NAME ="BUSINESS_DATE"... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: mohan705
4 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Convert xml to csv

I need to convert below xml code to csv. I searched other posts as well but this post (_https://www.unix.com/shell-programming-scripting/174417-extract-parse-xml-data-statistic-value-csv.html) gives "sed command garbled" error. As of now I have written a long script to do it, but can it be done with... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: dineshydv
7 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

XML to TXT or CSV

Hi all, I am new to unix and even newer to XML :wall: I have a dataset which I need to work on and extract data from but I cant even see things. its a XML file which i need to analyse and return the results in xml as well but need to filter some of them like i would do with excel file so not... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: A-V
7 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

XML to CSV

I want to pharse below Xml Using Shell Scripting . Thanks in Advance <md> <neid> <neun>1523</neun> <nedn>XXX1212</nedn> <nesw>fffff12515</nesw> </neid> <mi> <mts>20141128001500</mts> <gp>550</gp> <mt>pmct1</mt> <mt>pmNo2</mt> <mt>pmNo3S</mt> <mv> <moid>Ma=1,Rn=1,Ul=311C</moid>... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: pareshkp
6 Replies

8. UNIX and Linux Applications

Xml to csv

Hello, Does anyone know of a way to convert an .xml file (ONIX) to something more workable, like a .csv (or even .xls) file? Ideally something on the command line would be ideal, but not absolutely necessary. I would be dealing with .xml files of 125 MB+. I am using XQuartz in El Capitan. ... (17 Replies)
Discussion started by: palex
17 Replies

9. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Xml to csv (again)

Hello, I have copied .xml code for a single item below. I am trying to extract three items (field indices*b244 (second occurrence), b203, and j151), so the desired output would be: 9780323013543 Manual of Natural Veterinary Medicine: Science and Tradition, 1e 68.95 A parallel solution,... (14 Replies)
Discussion started by: palex
14 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Converting XML to CSV

Hello, For i while i have been using XMLStarlet to convert several XML files to CSV files. So far this always went fine. Today however i got a new XML format however but i cannot find out how to get the data i need. Below is part of the code where it shows the different format. What... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: SDohmen
10 Replies
XSLT_SET_ERROR_HANDLER(3)						 1						 XSLT_SET_ERROR_HANDLER(3)

xslt_set_error_handler - Set an error handler for aXSLTprocessor

SYNOPSIS
void xslt_set_error_handler (resource $xh, mixed $handler) DESCRIPTION
Set an error handler function for the XSLT processor given by $xh, this function will be called whenever an error occurs in the XSLT transformation (this function is also called for notices). PARAMETERS
o $ xh -The XSLT processor link identifier, created with xslt_create(3). o $handler - The user function needs to accept four parameters: the XSLT processor, the error level, the error code and an array of messages. The function can be shown as: error_handler (resource $xh, int $error_level, int $error_code, array $messages) RETURN VALUES
No value is returned. EXAMPLES
Example #1 xslt_set_error_handler(3) Example <?php // Our XSLT error handler function xslt_error_handler($handler, $errno, $level, $info) { // for now, let's just see the arguments var_dump(func_get_args()); } // XML content : $xml='<?xml version="1.0"?> <para> oops, I misspelled the closing tag </pata>'; // XSL content : $xsl='<?xml version="1.0"?> <xsl:stylesheet version="1.0" xmlns:xsl="http://www.w3.org/1999/XSL/Transform"> <xsl:template match="/"> <strong><xsl:value-of select="para"/></strong> </xsl:template> </xsl:stylesheet>'; $xh = xslt_create(); xslt_set_error_handler($xh, "xslt_error_handler"); echo xslt_process($xh, 'arg:/_xml', 'arg:/_xsl', NULL, array("/_xml" => $xml, "/_xsl" => $xsl)); ?> The above example will output something similar to: array(4) { [0]=> resource(1) of type (XSLT Processor) [1]=> int(3) [2]=> int(0) [3]=> array(6) { ["msgtype"]=> string(5) "error" ["code"]=> string(1) "2" ["module"]=> string(9) "Sablotron" ["URI"]=> string(9) "arg:/_xml" ["line"]=> string(1) "4" ["msg"]=> string(34) "XML parser error 7: mismatched tag" } } SEE ALSO
xslt_set_object(3) if you want to use an object method as handler. PHP Documentation Group XSLT_SET_ERROR_HANDLER(3)