Sponsored Content
Special Forums UNIX and Linux Applications Infrastructure Monitoring zfs - migrate from pool to pool Post 302343889 by jlliagre on Friday 14th of August 2009 02:38:45 AM
Old 08-14-2009
You need to move the data from /opt/opennms/share/rrd to the storage/onms/rrd filesystem.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Solaris

ZFS Pool Mix-up

Hi all I plan to install Solaris 10U6 on some SPARC server using ZFS as root pool, whereas I would like to keep the current setup done by VxVM: - 2 internal disks: c0t0d0 and c0t1d0 - bootable root-volume (mirrored, both disks) - 1 non-mirrored swap slice - 1 non-mirrored slices for Live... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: blicki
1 Replies

2. Solaris

ZFS pool question

I created a pool the other day. I created a 10 gig files just for a test, then deleted it. I proceeded to create a few files systems. But for some reason the pool shows 10% full, but the files systems are both at 1%? Both files systems share the same pool. When I ls -al the pool I just... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: mrlayance
6 Replies

3. Solaris

ZFS - list of disks used in a pool

Hi guys, We had created a pool as follows: zpool create filing_pool raidz c1t2d0 c1t3d0 ........ Due to some requirement, we need to destroy the pool and re-create another one. We wish to know now which disks have been included in the filing_pool, how do we list the disks used to create... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: frum
2 Replies

4. Solaris

zfs pool migration

I need to migrate an existing raidz pool to a new raidz pool with larger disks. I need the mount points and attributes to migrate as well. What is the best procedure to accomplish this. The current pool is 6x36GB disks 202GB capacity and I am migrating to 5x 72GB disks 340GB capacity. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: jac
2 Replies

5. Solaris

Best way to rename a ZFS Pool?

Other than export/import, is there a cleaner way to rename a pool without unmounting de FS? Something like, say "zpool rename a b"? Thanks. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: verdepollo
2 Replies

6. Solaris

ZFS - overfilled pool

installed Solaris 11 Express on my server machine a while ago. I created a Z2 RAID over five HDDs and created a few ZFS filesystems on it. Once I (unintentionally) managed to fill the pool completely with data and (to my surprise) the filesystems stopped working - I could not read/delete any... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: RychnD
3 Replies

7. Solaris

reassign zfs pool lun

I have a branded zone txdjintra that utilizes a pool named Pool_djintra that is no longer required. There is a 150 Gig Lun assigned to the pool that I need to reassign to another branded zone txpsrsrv07 with a pool named Pool_txpsrsrv07 on the same sun blade. What is the process to do this? ... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: jeffsr
0 Replies

8. Solaris

Need to remove a disk from zfs pool

I accidently added a disk in different zpool instead of pool, where I want. root@prtdrd21:/# zpool status cvfdb2_app_pool pool: cvfdb2_app_pool state: ONLINE scan: none requested config: NAME STATE READ WRITE CKSUM cvfdb2_app_pool ONLINE 0 0 0... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: solaris_1977
1 Replies

9. Solaris

Zfs send to compressed pool?

I have a newly created zpool, and I have set compression on, for the whole pool: # zfs set compression=on newPool Now I have zfs send | zfs receive lot of snapshots to my newPool, but the compression is gone. I was hoping that I would be able to send snapshots to the new pool (which is... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: kebabbert
0 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Opening up ZFS pool as writable

I have installed FreeBSD onto a raw image file using QEMU Emulator successfully. I have formatted the image file using the ZFS file system (ZFS POOL). Using the following commands below I have successfully mounted the image file ready to be opened by zpool sudo losetup /dev/loop0 .img sudo... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: alphatron150
1 Replies
RRDUPDATE(1)							      rrdtool							      RRDUPDATE(1)

NAME
rrdupdate - Store a new set of values into the RRD SYNOPSIS
rrdtool {update | updatev} filename [--template|-t ds-name[:ds-name]...] [--daemon address] [--] N|timestamp:value[:value...] at- timestamp@value[:value...] [timestamp:value[:value...] ...] DESCRIPTION
The update function feeds new data values into an RRD. The data is time aligned (interpolated) according to the properties of the RRD to which the data is written. updatev This alternate version of update takes the same arguments and performs the same function. The v stands for verbose, which describes the output returned. updatev returns a list of any and all consolidated data points (CDPs) written to disk as a result of the invocation of update. The values are indexed by timestamp (time_t), RRA (consolidation function and PDPs per CDP), and data source (name). Note that depending on the arguments of the current and previous call to update, the list may have no entries or a large number of entries. Since updatev requires direct disk access, the --daemon option cannot be used with this command. filename The name of the RRD you want to update. --template|-t ds-name[:ds-name]... By default, the update function expects its data input in the order the data sources are defined in the RRD, excluding any COMPUTE data sources (i.e. if the third data source DST is COMPUTE, the third input value will be mapped to the fourth data source in the RRD and so on). This is not very error resistant, as you might be sending the wrong data into an RRD. The template switch allows you to specify which data sources you are going to update and in which order. If the data sources specified in the template are not available in the RRD file, the update process will abort with an error message. While it appears possible with the template switch to update data sources asynchronously, RRDtool implicitly assigns non-COMPUTE data sources missing from the template the *UNKNOWN* value. Do not specify a value for a COMPUTE DST in the update function. If this is done accidentally (and this can only be done using the template switch), RRDtool will ignore the value specified for the COMPUTE DST. --daemon address If given, RRDTool will try to connect to the caching daemon rrdcached at address and will fail if the connection cannot be established. If the connection is successfully established the values will be sent to the daemon instead of accessing the files directly. For a list of accepted formats, see the -l option in the rrdcached manual. N|timestamp:value[:value...] The data used for updating the RRD was acquired at a certain time. This time can either be defined in seconds since 1970-01-01 or by using the letter 'N', in which case the update time is set to be the current time. Negative time values are subtracted from the current time. An AT_STYLE TIME SPECIFICATION (see the rrdfetch documentation) may also be used by delimiting the end of the time specification with the '@' character instead of a ':'. Getting the timing right to the second is especially important when you are working with data-sources of type COUNTER, DERIVE or ABSOLUTE. When using negative time values, options and data have to be separated by two dashes (--), else the time value would be parsed as an option. See below for an example. When using negative time values, options and data have to be separated by two dashes (--), else the time value would be parsed as an option. See below for an example. The remaining elements of the argument are DS updates. The order of this list is the same as the order the data sources were defined in the RRA. If there is no data for a certain data-source, the letter U (e.g., N:0.1:U:1) can be specified. The format of the value acquired from the data source is dependent on the data source type chosen. Normally it will be numeric, but the data acquisition modules may impose their very own parsing of this parameter as long as the colon (:) remains the data source value separator. ENVIRONMENT VARIABLES
The following environment variables may be used to change the behavior of "rrdtool update": RRDCACHED_ADDRESS If this environment variable is set it will have the same effect as specifying the "--daemon" option on the command line. If both are present, the command line argument takes precedence. EXAMPLES
o "rrdtool update demo1.rrd N:3.44:3.15:U:23" Update the database file demo1.rrd with 3 known and one *UNKNOWN* value. Use the current time as the update time. o "rrdtool update demo2.rrd 887457267:U 887457521:22 887457903:2.7" Update the database file demo2.rrd which expects data from a single data-source, three times. First with an *UNKNOWN* value then with two regular readings. The update interval seems to be around 300 seconds. o "rrdtool update demo3.rrd -- -5:21 N:42" Update the database file demo3.rrd two times, using five seconds in the past and the current time as the update times. o "rrdtool update --cache /var/lib/rrd/demo3.rrd N:42" Update the file "/var/lib/rrd/demo3.rrd" with a single data source, using the current time. If the caching daemon cannot be reached, do not fall back to direct file access. o "rrdtool update --daemon unix:/tmp/rrdd.sock demo4.rrd N:23" Use the UNIX domain socket "/tmp/rrdd.sock" to contact the caching daemon. If the caching daemon is not available, update the file "demo4.rrd" directly. WARNING: Since a relative path is specified, the following disturbing effect may occur: If the daemon is available, the file relative to the working directory of the daemon is used. If the daemon is not available, the file relative to the current working directory of the invoking process is used. This may update two different files depending on whether the daemon could be reached or not. Don't do relative paths, kids! AUTHORS
Tobias Oetiker <tobi@oetiker.ch>, Florian Forster <octo at verplant.org> 1.4.3 2009-06-02 RRDUPDATE(1)