Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Simple AWK script problem.
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Simple AWK script problem. Post 302343875 by summer_cherry on Friday 14th of August 2009 01:49:18 AM
Old 08-14-2009
Code:
awk '{arr[$1]++;brr[$1]+=$2}END{for (i in brr)print i" "brr[i]/arr[i]}' yourfile

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

simple shell script problem

hi all. i have a little problem. im basically reading input from the user from the keyboard into the variable "phonenumber". I want to do a little error check to check if the user doesnt enter anything in for the value phonenumber. i had this: read phonenumber if then ..... else ........ (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: djt0506
2 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Simple script problem

Hi everyone - I am sure this is a really simple problem but I'm a total noob at Linux scripting: I wanted to create a script that allows me to compare the current week number to the contents of a text file in my home directory: VAR1='date +%V' VAR2='cat /home/fred/file.txt' ... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: FiniteRed
6 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk gsub simple problem

Hi New to shell script and awk and need assistance on this problem. I need to use a variable to substitute a string in an external file and write the changed info to another file. At first I did not know if you could use a variable as the sub value but the following showed me that I can. ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: hukcjv
3 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

simple awk problem

pcn linus> ntpq -p remote refid st t when poll reach delay offset disp ============================================================================== +smpnn01 ntpsrv1 2 u 829 1024 377 1.46 0.793 0.85 *smpnn02 ntpsrv1 2 u ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: arch12
2 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Simple bash script problem

#!/bin/bash cd /media/disk-2 Running ./run.sh it's not changing directory.Why? (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: cola
6 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

simple awk problem

Hello; I have the following log file: 10/11/11 10:42:02 LOCK Q Userid:284 Username=root UserPID:23158 Device:marlin batch 10/11/11 10:42:02 TableNr:226 TableName:iatkn RecId:116290398 Flags:X Q H 10/11/11 10:42:02 LOCK CONTENTION X 10/11/11 10:42:02 ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: delphys
3 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Simple awk problem II

Hello; Trying to figure out how to keep just the contents between the two search lines: awk '/regexp_1/ ,/regexp_2/' I do not want lines containing regexp_1 and regexp_2 in the output. Thank you for any ideas Video tutorial on how to use code tags in The UNIX and Linux Forums. (5 Replies)
5 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

another simple awk problem

Hello; I need to print two previous lines after searching for a reg exp: awk '/haywood/' should produce the following =================== p9J46THe020804 89922 Tue Oct 18 21:06 MAILER-DAEMON (host map: lookup (haywood.com): deferred) ... (1 Reply)
1 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

simple awk sort problem

Hello folks I have the following output UNIX95=1 ps -ef -o pcpu,user,pid,args |more %CPU USER PID COMMAND 0.03 root 0 swapper 0.08 root 1 init 0.00 root 13 net_str_cached 0.00 root 12 usbhubd 0.00 root 11 escsid 0.00 root 10... (3 Replies)
3 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Simple awk search problem

Hello; we have : awk '/reg_exp/,0/ prints every line after the first occurrence of "reg_exp" But if I want to print rest of the lines AFTER the last occurrence of "reg_exp", how would I do it ?? Tried : awk ' ! (/reg_exp/,0)' But it errored... Thank you for any... (5 Replies)
5 Replies
DATEFMT_LOCALTIME(3)							 1						      DATEFMT_LOCALTIME(3)

IntlDateFormatter::localtime - Parse string to a field-based time value

Object oriented style

SYNOPSIS
public array IntlDateFormatter::localtime (string $value, [int &$position]) DESCRIPTION
Procedural style array datefmt_localtime (IntlDateFormatter $fmt, string $value, [int &$position]) Converts string $value to a field-based time value ( an array of various fields), starting at $parse_pos and consuming as much of the input value as possible. PARAMETERS
o $fmt - The formatter resource o $value - string to convert to a time o $position - Position at which to start the parsing in $value (zero-based). If no error occurs before $value is consumed, $parse_pos will contain -1 otherwise it will contain the position at which parsing ended . If $parse_pos > strlen($value), the parse fails immedi- ately. RETURN VALUES
Localtime compatible array of integers : contains 24 hour clock value in tm_hour field EXAMPLES
Example #1 datefmt_localtime(3) example <?php $fmt = datefmt_create( 'en_US', IntlDateFormatter::FULL, IntlDateFormatter::FULL, 'America/Los_Angeles', IntlDateFormatter::GREGORIAN ); $arr = datefmt_localtime($fmt, 'Wednesday, December 31, 1969 4:00:00 PM PT', 0); echo 'First parsed output is '; if ($arr) { foreach ($arr as $key => $value) { echo "$key : $value , "; } } ?> Example #2 OO example <?php $fmt = new IntlDateFormatter( 'en_US', IntlDateFormatter::FULL, IntlDateFormatter::FULL, 'America/Los_Angeles', IntlDateFormatter::GREGORIAN ); $arr = $fmt->localtime('Wednesday, December 31, 1969 4:00:00 PM PT', 0); echo 'First parsed output is '; if ($arr) { foreach ($arr as $key => $value) { echo "$key : $value , "; } } ?> The above example will output: First parsed output is tm_sec : 0 , tm_min : 0 , tm_hour : 16 , tm_year : 1969 , tm_mday : 31 , tm_wday : 4 , tm_yday : 365 , tm_mon : 11 , tm_isdst : 0 , SEE ALSO
datefmt_create(3), datefmt_format(3), datefmt_parse(3), datefmt_get_error_code(3), datefmt_get_error_message(3). PHP Documentation Group DATEFMT_LOCALTIME(3)