Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: XML to csv transformation
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting XML to csv transformation Post 302343868 by summer_cherry on Friday 14th of August 2009 01:34:05 AM
Old 08-14-2009
please refer to CPAN XML::XSLT, which is a perl xslt processor.

Or you may use another c version xsl processor 'xsltproc', which accept two parameters xml and xsl, output result.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

CSV to XML

Iam pretty new to UNIX and would like to convert a CSV to an XML file using AWK scripts. Can anybody suggest a solution? My CSV file looks something like this : Serial No Growth% Annual % Commission % Unemployed % 1 35% 29% 59% 42% 2 61% ... (15 Replies)
Discussion started by: pjanakir
15 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

CSV processing to XML

Hi, i am really fresh with shell scripting and programming, i have an issue i am not able to solve to populate data on my server for Cisco IP phones. I have CSV file within the following format: ;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;; ;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;; ;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;; ;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;; ;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: angel2008
9 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

XML file transformation

Hi all, I have to transform a XML file like this: <?xml version="1.0"?> <vocabulary> <voc_id>102</voc_id> <name>Vocabulary Name</name> <description>Voc description</description> <relations>3</relations> <hierarchy>5</hierarchy> <word> <word_id>1</word_id> ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: aLittleBeat
1 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

XML to CSV specific

Hi , Please any one to help on ,extract this xml code into csv columns list. <SOURCEFIELD BUSINESSNAME ="" DATATYPE ="date" DESCRIPTION ="" FIELDNUMBER ="1" FIELDPROPERTY ="0" FIELDTYPE ="ELEMITEM" HIDDEN ="NO" KEYTYPE ="NOT A KEY" LENGTH ="19" LEVEL ="0" NAME ="BUSINESS_DATE"... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: mohan705
4 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Convert xml to csv

I need to convert below xml code to csv. I searched other posts as well but this post (_https://www.unix.com/shell-programming-scripting/174417-extract-parse-xml-data-statistic-value-csv.html) gives "sed command garbled" error. As of now I have written a long script to do it, but can it be done with... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: dineshydv
7 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

XML to TXT or CSV

Hi all, I am new to unix and even newer to XML :wall: I have a dataset which I need to work on and extract data from but I cant even see things. its a XML file which i need to analyse and return the results in xml as well but need to filter some of them like i would do with excel file so not... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: A-V
7 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

XML to CSV

I want to pharse below Xml Using Shell Scripting . Thanks in Advance <md> <neid> <neun>1523</neun> <nedn>XXX1212</nedn> <nesw>fffff12515</nesw> </neid> <mi> <mts>20141128001500</mts> <gp>550</gp> <mt>pmct1</mt> <mt>pmNo2</mt> <mt>pmNo3S</mt> <mv> <moid>Ma=1,Rn=1,Ul=311C</moid>... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: pareshkp
6 Replies

8. UNIX and Linux Applications

Xml to csv

Hello, Does anyone know of a way to convert an .xml file (ONIX) to something more workable, like a .csv (or even .xls) file? Ideally something on the command line would be ideal, but not absolutely necessary. I would be dealing with .xml files of 125 MB+. I am using XQuartz in El Capitan. ... (17 Replies)
Discussion started by: palex
17 Replies

9. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Xml to csv (again)

Hello, I have copied .xml code for a single item below. I am trying to extract three items (field indices*b244 (second occurrence), b203, and j151), so the desired output would be: 9780323013543 Manual of Natural Veterinary Medicine: Science and Tradition, 1e 68.95 A parallel solution,... (14 Replies)
Discussion started by: palex
14 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Converting XML to CSV

Hello, For i while i have been using XMLStarlet to convert several XML files to CSV files. So far this always went fine. Today however i got a new XML format however but i cannot find out how to get the data i need. Below is part of the code where it shows the different format. What... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: SDohmen
10 Replies
FOP(1)								   User Commands							    FOP(1)

NAME
fop - Command line wrapper for the java version of fop. DESCRIPTION
Apache FOP (Formatting Objects Processor) is a print formatter driven by XSL formatting objects (XSL-FO) and an output independent format- ter. It is a Java application that reads a formatting object (FO) tree and renders the resulting pages to a specified output. Output for- mats currently supported include PDF, PS, PCL, AFP, XML (area tree representation), Print, AWT and PNG, and to a lesser extent, RTF and TXT. The primary output target is PDF. SYNOPSIS
fop [options] [-fo|-xml] infile [-xsl file] [-awt|-pdf|-mif|-rtf|-tiff|-png|-pcl|-ps|-txt|-at [mime]|-print] <outfile> OPTIONS
-version print FOP version and exit -d debug mode -x dump configuration settings -q quiet mode -c cfg.xml use additional configuration file cfg.xml -l lang the language to use for user information -r relaxed/less strict validation (where available) -dpi xxx target resolution in dots per inch (dpi) where xxx is a number -s for area tree XML, down to block areas only -v run in verbose mode (currently simply print FOP version and continue) -o [password] PDF file will be encrypted with option owner password -u [password] PDF file will be encrypted with option user password -noprint PDF file will be encrypted without printing permission -nocopy PDF file will be encrypted without copy content permission -noedit PDF file will be encrypted without edit content permission -noannotations PDF file will be encrypted without edit annotation permission -a enables accessibility features (Tagged PDF etc., default off) -pdfprofile prof PDF file will be generated with the specified profile (Examples for prof: PDF/A-1b or PDF/X-3:2003) -conserve Enable memory-conservation policy (trades memory-consumption for disk I/O) (Note: currently only influences whether the area tree is serialized.) INPUT
infile xsl:fo input file (the same as the next) (use '-' for infile to pipe input from stdin) -fo infile xsl:fo input file -xml infile xml input file, must be used together with -xsl -atin infile area tree input file -ifin infile intermediate format input file -imagein infile image input file (piping through stdin not supported) -xsl stylesheet xslt stylesheet -param name value <value> to use for parameter <name> in xslt stylesheet (repeat '-param name value' for each parameter) -catalog use catalog resolver for input XML and XSLT files OUTPUT
outfile input will be rendered as PDF into outfile (use '-' for outfile to pipe output to stdout) -pdf outfile input will be rendered as PDF (outfile req'd) -pdfa1b outfile input will be rendered as PDF/A-1b compliant PDF (outfile req'd, same as "-pdf outfile -pdfprofile PDF/A-1b") -awt input will be displayed on screen -rtf outfile input will be rendered as RTF (outfile req'd) -pcl outfile input will be rendered as PCL (outfile req'd) -ps outfile input will be rendered as PostScript (outfile req'd) -afp outfile input will be rendered as AFP (outfile req'd) -tiff outfile input will be rendered as TIFF (outfile req'd) -png outfile input will be rendered as PNG (outfile req'd) -txt outfile input will be rendered as plain text (outfile req'd) -at [mime] out representation of area tree as XML (outfile req'd) specify optional mime output to allow the AT to be converted to final format later -if [mime] out representation of document in intermediate format XML (outfile req'd) specify optional mime output to allow the IF to be converted to final format later -print input file will be rendered and sent to the printer see options with "-print help" -out mime outfile input will be rendered using the given MIME type (outfile req'd) Example: "-out application/pdf D:out.pdf" (Tip: "-out list" prints the list of supported MIME types) -svg outfile input will be rendered as an SVG slides file (outfile req'd) Experimental feature - requires additional fop-sandbox.jar. -foout outfile input will only be XSL transformed. The intermediate XSL-FO file is saved and no rendering is performed. (Only available if you use -xml and -xsl parameters) EXAMPLES
fop foo.fo foo.pdf fop -fo foo.fo -pdf foo.pdf (does the same as the previous line) fop -xml foo.xml -xsl foo.xsl -pdf foo.pdf fop -xml foo.xml -xsl foo.xsl -foout foo.fo fop -xml - -xsl foo.xsl -pdf - fop foo.fo -mif foo.mif fop foo.fo -rtf foo.rtf fop foo.fo -print fop foo.fo -awt HYPENATION
fop can make use of external hyphenation rules that can be supplied in the form of a hyphenation jar. You can find such a one at http://offo.sourceforge.net/. To actually use that, set the FOP_HYPHENATION_PATH environment variable to the full path of this file, or use configuration files, see below. CONFIGURATION FILES
fop reads two configuration files on startup: /etc/fop.conf and $HOME/.foprc. These are plain shell script files where you can define for instance the FOP_HYPHENATION_PATH variable. JAVA-WRAPPERS NOTE This program is a shell script wrapper based on java-wrappers(7). You therefore benefit from several features; please see the java-wrap- pers(7) manual page for more information about them. AUTHOR
Wrapper author: Ola Lundqvist <opal@debian.org> This manual page was written by Mathieu Malaterre <mathieu.malaterre@gmail.com>, for the Debian project (and may be used by others). SEE ALSO
fop-ttfreader(1), java-wrappers(7). fop Version 1.0 January 2012 FOP(1)