Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Apache Tuning
Top Forums Web Development Apache Tuning Post 302343857 by Neo on Friday 14th of August 2009 12:01:09 AM
Old 08-14-2009
Did I understand you correctly that you only pay for 1 GB RAM?

If so, buy more. 1 GB is not enough.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Performance tuning.

can someone tell me a good site to go to in order to learn this. please do not recommen nay books because i dont have interest in that. if you know of any good sites with good straight forward explanation on how to split loads on machines that has excessive loading, please let me know Also,... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: TRUEST
1 Replies

2. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Tuning Apache

I have an Apache 1.3.27 on a Solaris 8 Sun box that I am trying to tweek out for max performance. The only documentation I have run accross is on apache.org. I also have the O'Reilly Apache book. Anyone have another source I can refer to? (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: edkung
2 Replies

3. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

SAS Tuning

Does anyone had perfomed a tuning with SAS on Solaris??? Performance is not so good and I found out that Share Memory an Semaphores are the same that initial instalation, I havent found info at internet Please help (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: alex blanco
1 Replies

4. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Tuning AIX IO

Hi I am trying to investigate a disk performance issue, and we are not seem to be hitting the right direction in our analysis. This is a FC disk running on USP1000 HDS system. The application is an IO intensive application, but our opinion is that it is not performing due to perceived disk... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: theerthan
1 Replies

5. Solaris

tuning

hw to increse nfs perfomence tuning? (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: naresh.sun
4 Replies

6. Web Development

MySQL Tuning Tools with mysqltuner.pl and tuning-primer.sh

We have been tuning MySQL lately and I ran accoss two useful tools that you might be interested in: mysqltuner.pl tuning-primer.sh Both of these scripts are quite useful for MySQL tuning. Here is some sample output of mysqltuner.pl >> MySQLTuner 0.9.8 - Major Hayden... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Neo
3 Replies

7. AIX

I/O tuning for oracle

is it a good practice to enable AIO (Async I/O) and mount the oracle file system with DIO with JFS2 (Direct I/O) option? please help (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: pchangba
3 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Tuning function

This is my function in UNIX file. In this function I am -> first replacing spaces in character 19-27 with 0 -> then if it's all zeros ( 9 zeros) replace it with space The reason I have to make it to 0 first is that my requirement is that if this field is having value of 0 , replace it... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: varunrbs
4 Replies

9. Solaris

nxge tuning

Hi all, I would like to tune the nxge card as suggested by this link, but got some confusion. Can anyone advise me ? We have SunOS hsbc02 5.10 Generic_137137-09 sun4v sparc SUNW,Netra-CP3260 Do I have to install any patches ? The tunning link Networks - Siwiki In our nxge.conf, I... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: dehetoxic
0 Replies

10. Web Development

Apache module development on apache 2.2

Hi, I'm new to developing modules for Apache. I understand the basics now and can develop something simple which allows a 'GET' request to happen, but what I want to do is actually 'POST' information to my site. I know the basic POST Request works and I can see that it is post by looking at... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: fishman2001
2 Replies
BYTEPREFIX(5)							File Formats Manual						     BYTEPREFIX(5)

NAME
byteprefix - Configuration for display of sizes DESCRIPTION
There are two standard ways to use units in computing: base 10 (1 k = 10^3 = 1 000) and base 2 (1 K = 2^10 = 1 024). Historically, most computer programs have used units in base 2, where 1 KB = 1 024 bytes, 1 MB = 1 048 576 bytes, etc. However, users are more likely to expect and understand sizes in base 10, as this is the norm outside of computing. This configuration file is a method for configuring programs (that use libkibi) to display sizes in the user's preferred style. It can be configured through a configuration file or environment variable (which takes precedence). When not using the "historic" style, IEC-style prefixes (KiB, MiB, etc.) are used for base 2 units, to disambiguate them from base 10 units (kB, MB, etc.). OPTIONS
There are three possible styles (Default: base10): base2 Display all sizes in Base 2 with IEC prefixes. 1 KiB = 1 024 bytes. 1 MiB = 1 024 KiB = 1 048 576 bytes. 1 GiB = 1 024 MiB = 1 048 576 KiB = 1 073 741 824 bytes. base10 Display all sizes in Base 10, except for sizes of RAM, which use base 2 with IEC prefixes. Everything except RAM: 1 kB = 1 000 bytes. 1 MB = 1 000 kB = 1 000 000 bytes. 1 GB = 1 000 MB = 1 000 000 kB = 1 000 000 000 bytes. RAM: 1 KiB = 1 024 bytes. 1 MiB = 1 024 KiB = 1 048 576 bytes. 1 GiB = 1 024 MiB = 1 048 576 KiB = 1 073 741 824 bytes. historic Display all sizes in Base 2, without IEC prefixes. 1 KB = 1 024 bytes. 1 MB = 1 024 KB = 1 048 576 bytes. 1 GB = 1 024 MB = 1 048 576 KB = 1 073 741 824 bytes. Not recommended. This style uses base units 2 with prefixes usually associated with base 10 units. While it uses KB rather than the SI (base 10) kB, there is no such distinction beyond the kilobyte range, and the units are ambiguous. ENVIRONMENT
BYTEPREFIX This environment variable will override the configured or default style. It should just contain one of the style names, listed in OPTIONS above. XDG_CONFIG_HOME The location of the user's configuration files. If not set, it will be assumed to be ~/.config. FILES
The preferred style can be set in a system-wide configuration file and/or in user's own configuration file (which will take precedence). If no configuration file exists, the default style is base10. /etc/byteprefix or XDG_CONFIG_HOME/byteprefix This file should contain a single line: format=style. Lines beginning with # are treated as comments. EXAMPLE
A user wanting base 2 display can set the following in ~/.config/byteprefix: format=base2 SEE ALSO
units(7) libkibi January 2011 BYTEPREFIX(5)