Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: How to execute Grep in Perl.
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting How to execute Grep in Perl. Post 302343823 by chompy on Thursday 13th of August 2009 05:54:29 PM
Old 08-13-2009
Try using system() or exec().

e.g.
Code:
system("grep edge test_1 |sort|uniq >result.txt")

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

a cron job needs a perl script to execute

Hello evreyone, this is my first post, and to say i'm new to this is an understatement. I know very little about perl scripts and hope some one can help me. i'm looking to get a script that a cron job can execute. what the script needs to to is 1) connect to a mysql database 2) go to a... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Exader
2 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to execute java program from perl

hello all how can i run the java command that can eccept N numbers of args for example : java -cp .;foo.jar myApp 1 "ww" or java -cp .;foo.jar myApp 1 2 3 "ww" or java -cp .;foo.jar myApp "args1" "args2" "args3" Thanks (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: umen
1 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Use grep result to execute next command

Hi I am trying to run 2 servers using a script one after the other. I start the first one: run.sh -c servername >> jboss_log.txt & Then I have to wait until I see Started message in the log file before I launch the other server. I can't use sleep because I am not sure how long it'll... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: iririr
5 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Execute grep command within a folder

Experts, i need your help to made an enhance query using the existing one. i'm using a command "find . -exec grep -l 'search string' {} \;" to search a particular sting within the file within a folder. Basically, my idea is to fine tune my search. What i want is, instead of searching all files... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: gav_dhiman
2 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Execute in unix not in PERL

Hi All, This below command is working fine with unix box. However i could not able to run it in PERL. kidly suggest??? perl -ne '{push @x, $_}END{pop(@x); print @x}' create2.txt (15 Replies)
Discussion started by: adaleru
15 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Perl Script to execute todays date.

Hi Folks, I have created a script last month to retrive files thru FTP and cronjob was running fine till yesterday. But the naming convention of the daily file is Filename_<date>.xml where date is YYYYMMDD. But today i have received file name as Filename_20110232.xml :( Part of my Perl... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Sendhil.Kumaran
4 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

execute ssh command via perl

Hi I have a perl command that doesn't seem to be working correctly. It appears to be fine but even when i try and run it manually same thing. Can someone take a look at this and tell me what they think the problem could be? Here is the perl Line: system ("echo 'ssh -t -t $user\@$_ \"cd... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: vpundit
3 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Execute immediate in perl script

hi All, i have to modify a shell script written in Perl. i have to use execute immediate within this. i have to create a temporary table but it should have name like ar_data_$mmyyyy , how can i achieve this? any help on this would be highly appriciated. (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: lovelysethii
6 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

[perl] execute remotely script

Hello Can some help with write part of perl script I need something like this in perl SSH="/bin/ssh -o BatchMode=yes -o" USER="test" SRV="server" SCRIPT_TO_EXEC="/tmp/test.sh" -> shell script OUT=/tmp/out.file ${SSH} -l ${USER} ${SRV} 'sudo /usr/bin/ksh -s' < ${SCRIPT_TO_EXEC} >> ${OUT}... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: vikus
1 Replies

10. Programming

PERL: In a perl-scripttTrying to execute another perl-script that SETS SOME VARIABLES !

I have reviewed many examples on-line about running another process (either PERL or shell command or a program), but do not find any usefull for my needs way. (Reviewed and not useful the system(), 'back ticks', exec() and open()) I would like to run another PERL-script from first one, not... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: alex_5161
1 Replies
PLMTEX(3plplot) 						    PLplot API							   PLMTEX(3plplot)

NAME
plmtex - Write text relative to viewport boundaries SYNOPSIS
plmtex(side, disp, pos, just, text) DESCRIPTION
Writes text at a specified position relative to the viewport boundaries. Text may be written inside or outside the viewport, but is clipped at the subpage boundaries. The reference point of a string lies along a line passing through the string at half the height of a capital letter. The position of the reference point along this line is determined by just, and the position of the reference point rela- tive to the viewport is set by disp and pos. Redacted form: General: plmtex(side, disp, pos, just, text) Perl/PDL: plmtex(disp, pos, just, side, text) This function is used in examples 3,4,6-8,11,12,14,18,23,26. ARGUMENTS
side (const char *, input) Specifies the side of the viewport along which the text is to be written. The string must be one of: b: Bottom of viewport, text written parallel to edge. bv: Bottom of viewport, text written at right angles to edge. l: Left of viewport, text written parallel to edge. lv: Left of viewport, text written at right angles to edge. r: Right of viewport, text written parallel to edge. rv: Right of viewport, text written at right angles to edge. t: Top of viewport, text written parallel to edge. tv: Top of viewport, text written at right angles to edge. disp (PLFLT, input) Position of the reference point of string, measured outwards from the specified viewport edge in units of the current character height. Use negative disp to write within the viewport. pos (PLFLT, input) Position of the reference point of string along the specified edge, expressed as a fraction of the length of the edge. just (PLFLT, input) Specifies the position of the string relative to its reference point. If just=0., the reference point is at the left and if just=1., it is at the right of the string. Other values of just give intermediate justifications. text (const char *, input) The string to be written out. AUTHORS
Geoffrey Furnish and Maurice LeBrun wrote and maintain PLplot. This man page was automatically generated from the DocBook source of the PLplot documentation, maintained by Alan W. Irwin and Rafael Laboissiere. SEE ALSO
PLplot documentation at http://plplot.sourceforge.net/resources. August, 2012 PLMTEX(3plplot)