Sponsored Content
Operating Systems AIX How to active this network adapter? Post 302343808 by rainbow_bean on Thursday 13th of August 2009 04:28:42 PM
Old 08-13-2009
How to active this network adapter?

When I configure two VIO Servers, VIOS1 used to ping its gateway, after I configured second VIOS2, VIOS1 cannpt ping its gateway, when I run this command:

entstat -all ent#|grep -i priority
Priority: 5 Active: False

How to make Active to True?

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Solaris

Sun v440/v880 network adapter teaming

Is it possible to team two network adapters for fault tolerance in a Sun v440 or v880 Solaris 8 box? If so how would I go about doing so? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: ghuber
1 Replies

2. AIX

hacmp network adapter re-define

I have an LPAR in a P5 machine which has been setup in an HACMP cluster. The person who set it up allocated the wrong network adapter (en) to the persistent network. For the life of me I cannot find where I can re-assign this adapter. Anyone able to help me as I am tearing my hair out and do not... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: johnf
1 Replies

3. AIX

change network adapter

hello i've need to change network adapter on machine H80 aix 4.3.3 hacmp ( ent0 ) what i need to do after the new adapter installed on the machine? thanks best regards ariec (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: ariec
1 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

External Network Adapter for Solaris 10

Hi All, I am new here - this is my first post. I have installed Solaris 10 5/09 on my Dell M6300. The install went well, but the Dell's onboard network card is the Broadcom BCM5756ME Gigabit Ethernet - and sadly no Solaris driver exists for it. The Solaris 10 install just jumped by the... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: soulmerchant
1 Replies

5. IP Networking

Maximum IP Address Configured on Intel Network Adapter

Hi All, Sorry if this is not the correct forum to answer. But hope somebody can help me... For these two types of network adapter: Intel(R) PRO/1000 MT Server Adapter Intel(R) PRO/1000 MT Dual Port Network Adapter How many IP addresses can be configured on it at the same time? System... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: wilsonSurya
3 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

SCO Unixware 7.1.4 Network Adapter Error

Hi All I P2Vd a Unixware 7.1.4 box with VMWare Vsphere. I try to add a network adapter under Network Configuration Manager and it comes up with the error attached. I've added a virtual adapter using the "E1000" option. It detects both the AMD PCI NET and E1000 virtual adapters under Network... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: flashinwrx
8 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Simulated driver for Network Interface Adapter

Hi all, I got sort of a task to do. I have to write in C "simulated network driver". What does it mean? - It has to run on all network adapters - It has to be as simple as it can be - It has to run on all linux distributions (or at least most of them) - It does not have to run a network... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Chrisdot
4 Replies

8. Programming

Compiling virtual network adapter driver problem (net_device struct)

Hi, I found on linuxgazette.net/93/bhaskaran.html page very useful sample of virtual driver (not connected to real hardware). I try to compile it with no effect. So: I got fresh Ubuntu 9.10 (kernel 2.6.31-14) My source is saved in networkAdapter.c file in /usr/src/myModules directory. I... (21 Replies)
Discussion started by: Chrisdot
21 Replies

9. Hardware

Problematic RTL8188EE Wireless Network Adapter

Good Day All, There are numerous results when searching google on this issue, however, none seem to have a solution. I have read until my eyes bleed and banged my head on the table more than once! :) I am hoping to resolve this issue -- or at least have a decent workaround. It is a real... (13 Replies)
Discussion started by: RogerBaran
13 Replies

10. SCO

Can not recognize network adapter SCO UNIX in HP z400

hi .I've installed an operating system SCO in HP Z400 and network cards ZyXEL model FN312 with Chipset RTL8139D put it on .network card installed but do not display network card with command ifconfig -a in list and just show loopback. show message : dlpid:unable to open network adapter driver... (14 Replies)
Discussion started by: moein.mojtaba
14 Replies
route(8c)																 route(8c)

Name
       route - manually manipulate the routing tables

Syntax
       /etc/route [ -f ] [ -n ] command args ]

Description
       The  program  is  used  to manipulate the network routing tables manually.  However, normally it is not needed, as the system routing table
       management daemon, should tend to this task.

The program accepts two commands: add, to add a route and delete, to delete a route.

All commands have the following syntax:

/etc/route command [ net | host ] destination gateway [ metric ]

In this syntax, destination is a host or network for which the route is to, gateway is the gateway to which packets  should  be	addressed,
       and  metric  is	an  optional count indicating the number of hops to the destination.  The metric is required for add commands.	It must be
       zero if the destination is on a directly-attached network, and nonzero if the route utilizes one or more gateways.

When adding a route with metric 0, the gateway given is the address of this host on the common network, indicating the interface to be used
       for  transmission.   Routes to a particular host are distinguished from routes to a network by interpreting the Internet address associated
       with destination.  The optional keywords net and host force the destination to be interpreted as a network or host, respectively.   If  the
       destination  has  a local address part of INADDR_ANY, then the route is assumed to be to a network. Otherwise, it is presumed to be a route
       to a host.  If the route is to a destination connected via a gateway, the metric should be greater than 0.  All	symbolic  names  specified
       for a destination or gateway are looked up first as a host name using If this lookup fails, is then used to interpret the name as that of a
       network.

The command uses a raw socket and the SIOCADDRT and SIOCDELRT ioctls to do its work.  As such, only the superuser can  modify  the  routing
       tables.

Options
       -f   Flushes  the routing tables of all gateway entries.  If is used with one of the commands described above, the tables are flushed prior
	    to the command's application.

-n   Prevents attempts to print host and network names symbolically when reporting actions.

Restrictions
       The change operation is not implemented.  Therefore, you should first add the new route, and then delete the old one.

Diagnostics
       add [host | network] %s: gateway %s flags %x"
       The specified route is being added to the tables.  The values printed are from the routing table entry supplied in the ioctl call.  If  the
       gateway	address  used  was not the primary address of the gateway (the first one returned by the gateway address is printed numerically as
       well as symbolically.

delete [ host | network] %s: gateway %s flags %x
       The specified route is being deleted from the tables.  The values printed are from the routing table entry supplied in the ioctl call.	If
       the  gateway  address used was not the primary address of the gateway (the first one returned by the gateway address is printed numerically
       as well as symbolically.

%s %s done
       When the flag is specified, each routing table entry that is deleted is indicated with a message of this form.

Network is unreachable
       An attempt to add a route failed because the gateway listed was not on a directly-connected network.  The next-hop gateway must be given.

not in table
       A delete operation was attempted for an entry which was not present in the tables.

routing table overflow
       An add operation was attempted, but the system was low on resources and was unable to allocate memory to create the new entry.

See Also
       intro(4n), routed(8c)

route(8c)