Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Linux Install Linux on remote server from Windows PC Post 302343806 by harisudharsan on Thursday 13th of August 2009 04:22:29 PM
Old 08-13-2009
To my knowledge, when a server is build an ip address should be assigned to it by default. You can get the default ip address from the vendor (Or it should be specified along with the default host name printed on a tag tied on the front or stuck on the top part of the balde).

You can use this ipaddress / host name to connect through SSH. Once you are able to connect to the system, you can change the default hostname and ipaddress.

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

how to install windows and linux

dear experts: I have a system with that specification: intel PII 266 MMX 10GB hard disk 64MB RAM I want to install Mandrake 8.2 and windows me in the same box .. how can I do that .. I look for help in the net but all of those faq are complecated. and the partition software dos not... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: RuDe_BuT_CoOoL
5 Replies

2. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

view remote linux desktop on my windows machine

Hi, is there anyway i can view a remote linux desktop on my windows desktop? i am aware that X11 can see 'certain screens'. For eg if i type 'xclock &' and i have a client running on my windows, i can see the clock. If i am interested to see the entire desktop of my linux, how can i do it? (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: new2ss
4 Replies

3. Solaris

Checking a file on a remote windows server

Hi Everyone! This is what I need to do... I am deploying some directories over to a windows server 2000/3 box from my solaris10 box and I need to make sure the directories exist. The only form of connection I have to work with is SSH Currently, my script deploys the directories over... (13 Replies)
Discussion started by: Keepcase
13 Replies

4. Windows & DOS: Issues & Discussions

Linux remote app on Windows

So I have been playing around with some code and thought I would tap the vast Linux knowledge here. My company has a bunch of servers running Linux on the Amazon cloud. I have created a Windows application in C++ that acts like a remote desktop to the Linux servers. When I run it it connects... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: bobmanc
3 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Connect (SSH) to Windows server via Linux server through a script and passing command.. but failing

I am trying to connect to Windows server via Linux server through a script and run two commands " cd and ls " But its giving me error saying " could not start the program" followed by the command name i specify e g : "cd" i am trying in this manner " ssh username@servername "cd... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: sunil seelam
5 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

To run a shell script in remote server from windows batch file

Hi all, i need to run a shell script on remote server. I have created file .bat file in windows server with following code, c:\Users\Desktop\putty.exe -ssh -pw password user@server ./script.sh i need to run the script.sh in my remote server Above command is not working, any... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: rammm
4 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Remote file transfer between Linux and Windows

Hello, I have a file, say details.txt on my windows machine. I want to copy it to linux machine through a shell script and edit the file and transfer the file back to windows machine. (All I want to do is to edit the file on windows machine from linux machine by a script.) I have tried scp... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Devendra Hupri
1 Replies

8. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

DOS/VB script of Remote Windows Server from AIX

Hi We use to run DOS and VB script in Windows Server . Now the requirement is to trigger the same script from AIX server by shell script , thus it would be executed in Remote Windows Server . Is it possible ( though SSH or any other way ) ? Thanks (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Sourajit Seth
2 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Do I require remote login access to a windows server to transfer files from a UNIX server

Hi All I need to transfer a file from a UNIX server to a windows server. I saw that it is possible to do this using scp command by looking at the forum listed below: ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: vx04
2 Replies
OCF_HEARTBEAT_NFSSER(7) 					OCF resource agents					   OCF_HEARTBEAT_NFSSER(7)

NAME
ocf_heartbeat_nfsserver - Manages an NFS server SYNOPSIS
nfsserver [start | stop | monitor | meta-data | validate-all] DESCRIPTION
Nfsserver helps one to manage the Linux nfs server as a failover-able resource in Linux-HA. It depends on Linux specific NFS implementation details, so is considered not portable to other platforms yet. SUPPORTED PARAMETERS
nfs_init_script The default init script shipped with the Linux distro. The nfsserver resource agent offloads the start/stop/monitor work to the init script because the procedure to start/stop/monitor nfsserver varies on different Linux distro. (optional, string, default /etc/init.d/nfsserver) nfs_notify_cmd The tool to send out NSM reboot notification. Failover of nfsserver can be considered as rebooting to different machines. The nfsserver resource agent use this command to notify all clients about the happening of failover. (optional, string, default /sbin/sm-notify) nfs_shared_infodir The nfsserver resource agent will save nfs related information in this specific directory. And this directory must be able to fail-over before nfsserver itself. (required, string, no default) nfs_ip The floating IP address used to access the nfs service (required, string, no default) SUPPORTED ACTIONS
This resource agent supports the following actions (operations): start Starts the resource. Suggested minimum timeout: 40. stop Stops the resource. Suggested minimum timeout: 20s. monitor Performs a detailed status check. Suggested minimum timeout: 20s. Suggested interval: 10. meta-data Retrieves resource agent metadata (internal use only). Suggested minimum timeout: 5. validate-all Performs a validation of the resource configuration. Suggested minimum timeout: 30. EXAMPLE
The following is an example configuration for a nfsserver resource using the crm(8) shell: primitive p_nfsserver ocf:heartbeat:nfsserver params nfs_shared_infodir=string nfs_ip=string op monitor depth="0" timeout="20s" interval="10" SEE ALSO
http://www.linux-ha.org/wiki/nfsserver_(resource_agent) AUTHOR
Linux-HA contributors (see the resource agent source for information about individual authors) resource-agents UNKNOWN 03/09/2014 OCF_HEARTBEAT_NFSSER(7)