Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers Conditional statement in bash Post 302343789 by doc.arne on Thursday 13th of August 2009 03:32:31 PM
Old 08-13-2009
Conditional statement in bash

I want to combine 2 conditional statements by using -o in bash, but it won't work.

Code:
if [ ( $1 -lt 1 ) -o ( $1 -gt $nr ) ] ; then
echo "The number needs to be between 0 and $nr"
fi

Each time i execute the file it says:

Code:
./selectCitaat: line 10: syntax error near unexpected token `$1'

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk conditional statement

how can i use awk or sed to do a conditional statement, so that HH:MM if MM not great than 30 , then MM=00 else MM=30 ie: 10:34 will display 10:30 10:29 will display 10:00 a=$(echo 10:34 | awk ......) Thanks in advance (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: 3Gmobile
10 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

quoting in conditional statement

can somebody help, what quote i should use in below statement or what wrong of it ? the 1st (*) is a char, the 2nd and 3rd (*) is a wildcard if ] && ] && ] ................^ .............^ then echo "ok" fi thanks in advance. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: 3Gmobile
2 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

conditional statement

Hi Does Unix have a conditional statement like Java as follows: Condition ? Statement1 : Statement2 Thanks (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: lalelle
8 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

conditional statement

Hi all, The following code is to find if a list of numbers from one file are within the range in another file. awk -F, '\ BEGIN { while ((getline < "file2") > 0) file2=$3 } {for (col1 in file2) if ($0>=30 && $1<=45) print $0} ' FILE1 But where I have the number 30 and 45, I... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: dr_sabz
3 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Problem with conditional statement

Hi, I'm getting a "bad number" error from the following conditional if statement. I understand the results of the grep command are not being treated a an integer but am unsure of the correct syntax. Any help would be appreciated. if Thanks (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: dlafa
2 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

if conditional statement

Hi, I have a script like this: sample.sh mapping=$1 if then echo "program passed" fi I'm running the above script as ./sample.sh pass The script is not getting executed and says "integer expression expected" Could anyone kindly help me? (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: badrimohanty
2 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Conditional Shell Statement

I want to add a conditional statement to a user's .profile file. I have a certain number of users that log in and use the rksh (Restricted Korn Shell). When they log in, it starts a certain program and when they exit this program, the system logs them out. When they are in this program, they can... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: rjulich
2 Replies

8. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

conditional statement

I need to implement something like this. 1) search for a file(say *.doc) from a path (say /home/user/temp) 2) if file found & if file size > 0 : yes --> file valid else : print file not valid. I am trying to implement something like this, but seems i am terribly wrong somewhere.. ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: animesharma
1 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

conditional statement in awk

Hi all, I have a file containing the values that would be use as the basis for printing the lines of another set of files using awk. What I want to do is something like the one below: stdev.txt 0.21 0.42 0.32 0.25 0.15 file1.txt file2.txt file3.txt ..filen.txt 0.45 0.23 ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: ida1215
4 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Conditional statement in SFTP

Hi, I wanted to know if we can use conditional statements like if--else--fi inside an automated SFTP script session. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: jhilmil
1 Replies
Locale::Codes::LangVar(3pm)				 Perl Programmers Reference Guide			       Locale::Codes::LangVar(3pm)

NAME
Locale::Codes::LangVar - standard codes for language variation identification SYNOPSIS
use Locale::Codes::LangVar; $lvar = code2langvar('acm'); # $lvar gets 'Mesopotamian Arabic' $code = langvar2code('Mesopotamian Arabic'); # $code gets 'acm' @codes = all_langvar_codes(); @names = all_langvar_names(); DESCRIPTION
The "Locale::Codes::LangVar" module provides access to standard codes used for identifying language variations, such as those as defined in the IANA language registry. Most of the routines take an optional additional argument which specifies the code set to use. If not specified, the default IANA language registry codes will be used. SUPPORTED CODE SETS
There are several different code sets you can use for identifying language variations. A code set may be specified using either a name, or a constant that is automatically exported by this module. For example, the two are equivalent: $lvar = code2langvar('en','alpha-2'); $lvar = code2langvar('en',LOCALE_CODE_ALPHA_2); The codesets currently supported are: alpha This is the set of alphanumeric codes from the IANA language registry, such as 'arevela' for Eastern Armenian. This code set is identified with the symbol "LOCALE_LANGVAR_ALPHA". This is the default code set. ROUTINES
code2langvar ( CODE [,CODESET] ) langvar2code ( NAME [,CODESET] ) langvar_code2code ( CODE ,CODESET ,CODESET2 ) all_langvar_codes ( [CODESET] ) all_langvar_names ( [CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangVar::rename_langvar ( CODE ,NEW_NAME [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangVar::add_langvar ( CODE ,NAME [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangVar::delete_langvar ( CODE [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangVar::add_langvar_alias ( NAME ,NEW_NAME ) Locale::Codes::LangVar::delete_langvar_alias ( NAME ) Locale::Codes::LangVar::rename_langvar_code ( CODE ,NEW_CODE [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangVar::add_langvar_code_alias ( CODE ,NEW_CODE [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangVar::delete_langvar_code_alias ( CODE [,CODESET] ) These routines are all documented in the Locale::Codes::API man page. SEE ALSO
Locale::Codes The Locale-Codes distribution. Locale::Codes::API The list of functions supported by this module. http://www.iana.org/assignments/language-subtag-registry The IANA language subtag registry. AUTHOR
See Locale::Codes for full author history. Currently maintained by Sullivan Beck (sbeck@cpan.org). COPYRIGHT
Copyright (c) 2011-2013 Sullivan Beck This module is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the same terms as Perl itself. perl v5.18.2 2014-01-06 Locale::Codes::LangVar(3pm)