Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: perl if condition problem
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting perl if condition problem Post 302343716 by jnetnix on Thursday 13th of August 2009 10:55:30 AM
Old 08-13-2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by shriyer
wow, i wasnt chomping the proc variable that i added in later.

Everytime I go back to perl, all my frustrations begin and end with forgetting to chomp something!
Yea, sort of odd how forgetting to "chomp" will "bite" you. ;0) Badabum. I been there lots myself.

-J

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

problem with if condition

hi, :) pls consider the following if statement if //g') ] then ........ else ....... when i execute the script i am getting the following error '(' unexpected I am not able to find the mistake. could anybody tell where i did mistake. cheers RRK (13 Replies)
Discussion started by: ravi raj kumar
13 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

problem in if then else condition

Hi , I am trying the following simple script . But it is always giving 1 output. Dont know why #!/bin/sh find . -name "a.log" if ; then echo "1" else echo "0" fi Kindly advice. it is giving 1 output even when the a.log file is not there (26 Replies)
Discussion started by: himvat
26 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Condition statement in perl

#!/usr/bin/perl $output1 = "/home/log.txt" $output2 = "/home/grep.txt" #Statement1 creates an output file called log.txt. #Statement2 greps a line from log.txt and store the result in grep.txt I want to create a condition where if the file grep.txt is empty repeat process. Thanks. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: sureshcisco
1 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

If condition problem

Hi, I need to use if condition for search a file pattern on a particular location. cd $file_Path if || then do this else do that fi Can someone help me with the if part, how i can put those conditions? make sure format should be *.file* and *.file file is a keyword which i... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: amit.mathur08
5 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Perl Array Condition

Hello, I want to check if all element of an array have the same value regardless the length of the array. example: @array1 = qw(44 44 44 44); @array2 = qw(55 55 55 55 55 55 55); Please advice, Ahmed (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: ahmed_zaher
11 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

if condition problem!

Hi All, I'm a newbie here, I'm just wondering how can i disable my 1st sed command if there's no file found on Yes_Directory and process instead the No_Directory because there's a file found on it. Yes_Directory="/home/yes/ No_Directory="home/no/ script: if ; then sed -i... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: nikki1200
8 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

perl -Calling the Subroutine Only if the condition is met

Hello All, I am in the process of learning perl.I have a perl script and based on the arguments passed it would the appropriate subroutine that is defined in the script. Now, I need to check a value that is defined in the Environment variables and should call the subroutine only if the... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: filter
1 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

If condition problem

Hi All, I am using below if condition to check whether null is passed as a parameter to the program if or ; then echo "ABC">>$FILE else echo "CDF">>$FILE fi However it is saying me null=null command not found . Please help me with this (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: Hypesslearner
9 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Condition problem

Hi All, Seeking for your assistance on how to condition it correctly. cat file1.txt 290,1663,43,888,0,0.00,86.91,0.00,26.98,0.00 290,1663,52,0,0,0.00,0.00,0.00,0.00,0.00 290,1663,52,888,0,0.00,34.60,0.00,9.00,0.00 1st scenario: if the fourth column contains 888s and 0s it is by... (16 Replies)
Discussion started by: znesotomayor
16 Replies
Time::Seconds(3pm)					 Perl Programmers Reference Guide					Time::Seconds(3pm)

NAME
Time::Seconds - a simple API to convert seconds to other date values SYNOPSIS
use Time::Piece; use Time::Seconds; my $t = localtime; $t += ONE_DAY; my $t2 = localtime; my $s = $t - $t2; print "Difference is: ", $s->days, " "; DESCRIPTION
This module is part of the Time::Piece distribution. It allows the user to find out the number of minutes, hours, days, weeks or years in a given number of seconds. It is returned by Time::Piece when you delta two Time::Piece objects. Time::Seconds also exports the following constants: ONE_DAY ONE_WEEK ONE_HOUR ONE_MINUTE ONE_MONTH ONE_YEAR ONE_FINANCIAL_MONTH LEAP_YEAR NON_LEAP_YEAR Since perl does not (yet?) support constant objects, these constants are in seconds only, so you cannot, for example, do this: "print ONE_WEEK->minutes;" METHODS
The following methods are available: my $val = Time::Seconds->new(SECONDS) $val->seconds; $val->minutes; $val->hours; $val->days; $val->weeks; $val->months; $val->financial_months; # 30 days $val->years; $val->pretty; # gives English representation of the delta The usual arithmetic (+,-,+=,-=) is also available on the objects. The methods make the assumption that there are 24 hours in a day, 7 days in a week, 365.24225 days in a year and 12 months in a year. (from The Calendar FAQ at http://www.tondering.dk/claus/calendar.html) AUTHOR
Matt Sergeant, matt@sergeant.org Tobias Brox, tobiasb@tobiasb.funcom.com BalXzs SzabX (dLux), dlux@kapu.hu LICENSE
Please see Time::Piece for the license. Bugs Currently the methods aren't as efficient as they could be, for reasons of clarity. This is probably a bad idea. POD ERRORS
Hey! The above document had some coding errors, which are explained below: Around line 245: Non-ASCII character seen before =encoding in 'BalXzs'. Assuming UTF-8 perl v5.18.2 2014-01-06 Time::Seconds(3pm)