Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: perl if condition problem
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting perl if condition problem Post 302343707 by shriyer on Thursday 13th of August 2009 10:26:16 AM
Old 08-13-2009
wow, i wasnt chomping the proc variable that i added in later.

Everytime I go back to perl, all my frustrations begin and end with forgetting to chomp something!

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

problem with if condition

hi, :) pls consider the following if statement if //g') ] then ........ else ....... when i execute the script i am getting the following error '(' unexpected I am not able to find the mistake. could anybody tell where i did mistake. cheers RRK (13 Replies)
Discussion started by: ravi raj kumar
13 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

problem in if then else condition

Hi , I am trying the following simple script . But it is always giving 1 output. Dont know why #!/bin/sh find . -name "a.log" if ; then echo "1" else echo "0" fi Kindly advice. it is giving 1 output even when the a.log file is not there (26 Replies)
Discussion started by: himvat
26 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Condition statement in perl

#!/usr/bin/perl $output1 = "/home/log.txt" $output2 = "/home/grep.txt" #Statement1 creates an output file called log.txt. #Statement2 greps a line from log.txt and store the result in grep.txt I want to create a condition where if the file grep.txt is empty repeat process. Thanks. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: sureshcisco
1 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

If condition problem

Hi, I need to use if condition for search a file pattern on a particular location. cd $file_Path if || then do this else do that fi Can someone help me with the if part, how i can put those conditions? make sure format should be *.file* and *.file file is a keyword which i... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: amit.mathur08
5 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Perl Array Condition

Hello, I want to check if all element of an array have the same value regardless the length of the array. example: @array1 = qw(44 44 44 44); @array2 = qw(55 55 55 55 55 55 55); Please advice, Ahmed (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: ahmed_zaher
11 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

if condition problem!

Hi All, I'm a newbie here, I'm just wondering how can i disable my 1st sed command if there's no file found on Yes_Directory and process instead the No_Directory because there's a file found on it. Yes_Directory="/home/yes/ No_Directory="home/no/ script: if ; then sed -i... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: nikki1200
8 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

perl -Calling the Subroutine Only if the condition is met

Hello All, I am in the process of learning perl.I have a perl script and based on the arguments passed it would the appropriate subroutine that is defined in the script. Now, I need to check a value that is defined in the Environment variables and should call the subroutine only if the... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: filter
1 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

If condition problem

Hi All, I am using below if condition to check whether null is passed as a parameter to the program if or ; then echo "ABC">>$FILE else echo "CDF">>$FILE fi However it is saying me null=null command not found . Please help me with this (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: Hypesslearner
9 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Condition problem

Hi All, Seeking for your assistance on how to condition it correctly. cat file1.txt 290,1663,43,888,0,0.00,86.91,0.00,26.98,0.00 290,1663,52,0,0,0.00,0.00,0.00,0.00,0.00 290,1663,52,888,0,0.00,34.60,0.00,9.00,0.00 1st scenario: if the fourth column contains 888s and 0s it is by... (16 Replies)
Discussion started by: znesotomayor
16 Replies
Regexp::Common::balanced(3pm)				User Contributed Perl Documentation			     Regexp::Common::balanced(3pm)

NAME
Regexp::Common::balanced -- provide regexes for strings with balanced parenthesized delimiters or arbitrary delimiters. SYNOPSIS
use Regexp::Common qw /balanced/; while (<>) { /$RE{balanced}{-parens=>'()'}/ and print q{balanced parentheses }; } DESCRIPTION
Please consult the manual of Regexp::Common for a general description of the works of this interface. Do not use this module directly, but load it via Regexp::Common. $RE{balanced}{-parens} Returns a pattern that matches a string that starts with the nominated opening parenthesis or bracket, contains characters and properly nested parenthesized subsequences, and ends in the matching parenthesis. More than one type of parenthesis can be specified: $RE{balanced}{-parens=>'(){}'} in which case all specified parenthesis types must be correctly balanced within the string. If we are using C{-keep} (See Regexp::Common): $1 captures the entire expression $RE{balanced}{-begin => "begin"}{-end => "end"} Returns a pattern that matches a string that is properly balanced using the begin and end strings as start and end delimiters. Multiple sets of begin and end strings can be given by separating them by "|"s (which can be escaped with a backslash). qr/$RE{balanced}{-begin => "do|if|case"}{-end => "done|fi|esac"}/ will match properly balanced strings that either start with do and end with done, start with if and end with fi, or start with case and end with esac. If -end contains less cases than -begin, the last case of -end is repeated. If it contains more cases than -begin, the extra cases are ignored. If either of -begin or -end isn't given, or is empty, -begin => '(' and -end => ')' are assumed. If we are using C{-keep} (See Regexp::Common): $1 captures the entire expression SEE ALSO
Regexp::Common for a general description of how to use this interface. AUTHOR
Damian Conway (damian@conway.org) MAINTAINANCE
This package is maintained by Abigail (regexp-common@abigail.be). BUGS AND IRRITATIONS
Bound to be plenty. For a start, there are many common regexes missing. Send them in to regexp-common@abigail.be. LICENSE and COPYRIGHT This software is Copyright (c) 2001 - 2009, Damian Conway and Abigail. This module is free software, and maybe used under any of the following licenses: 1) The Perl Artistic License. See the file COPYRIGHT.AL. 2) The Perl Artistic License 2.0. See the file COPYRIGHT.AL2. 3) The BSD Licence. See the file COPYRIGHT.BSD. 4) The MIT Licence. See the file COPYRIGHT.MIT. perl v5.14.2 2010-02-23 Regexp::Common::balanced(3pm)