Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: perl if condition problem
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting perl if condition problem Post 302343699 by jnetnix on Thursday 13th of August 2009 10:13:00 AM
Old 08-13-2009
If it works fine when you remove the test for $proc the first thing that comes to mind is something is inside the scalar that you're not anticipating...like a newline or control character.

Try printing with tags to make sure nothing is hidden.
Code:
print "\$proc = <$proc>\n";

Goood Luck!

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

problem with if condition

hi, :) pls consider the following if statement if //g') ] then ........ else ....... when i execute the script i am getting the following error '(' unexpected I am not able to find the mistake. could anybody tell where i did mistake. cheers RRK (13 Replies)
Discussion started by: ravi raj kumar
13 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

problem in if then else condition

Hi , I am trying the following simple script . But it is always giving 1 output. Dont know why #!/bin/sh find . -name "a.log" if ; then echo "1" else echo "0" fi Kindly advice. it is giving 1 output even when the a.log file is not there (26 Replies)
Discussion started by: himvat
26 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Condition statement in perl

#!/usr/bin/perl $output1 = "/home/log.txt" $output2 = "/home/grep.txt" #Statement1 creates an output file called log.txt. #Statement2 greps a line from log.txt and store the result in grep.txt I want to create a condition where if the file grep.txt is empty repeat process. Thanks. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: sureshcisco
1 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

If condition problem

Hi, I need to use if condition for search a file pattern on a particular location. cd $file_Path if || then do this else do that fi Can someone help me with the if part, how i can put those conditions? make sure format should be *.file* and *.file file is a keyword which i... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: amit.mathur08
5 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Perl Array Condition

Hello, I want to check if all element of an array have the same value regardless the length of the array. example: @array1 = qw(44 44 44 44); @array2 = qw(55 55 55 55 55 55 55); Please advice, Ahmed (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: ahmed_zaher
11 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

if condition problem!

Hi All, I'm a newbie here, I'm just wondering how can i disable my 1st sed command if there's no file found on Yes_Directory and process instead the No_Directory because there's a file found on it. Yes_Directory="/home/yes/ No_Directory="home/no/ script: if ; then sed -i... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: nikki1200
8 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

perl -Calling the Subroutine Only if the condition is met

Hello All, I am in the process of learning perl.I have a perl script and based on the arguments passed it would the appropriate subroutine that is defined in the script. Now, I need to check a value that is defined in the Environment variables and should call the subroutine only if the... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: filter
1 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

If condition problem

Hi All, I am using below if condition to check whether null is passed as a parameter to the program if or ; then echo "ABC">>$FILE else echo "CDF">>$FILE fi However it is saying me null=null command not found . Please help me with this (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: Hypesslearner
9 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Condition problem

Hi All, Seeking for your assistance on how to condition it correctly. cat file1.txt 290,1663,43,888,0,0.00,86.91,0.00,26.98,0.00 290,1663,52,0,0,0.00,0.00,0.00,0.00,0.00 290,1663,52,888,0,0.00,34.60,0.00,9.00,0.00 1st scenario: if the fourth column contains 888s and 0s it is by... (16 Replies)
Discussion started by: znesotomayor
16 Replies
Tcl_CreateCloseHandler(3)				      Tcl Library Procedures					 Tcl_CreateCloseHandler(3)

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

NAME
Tcl_CreateCloseHandler, Tcl_DeleteCloseHandler - arrange for callbacks when channels are closed SYNOPSIS
#include <tcl.h> void Tcl_CreateCloseHandler(channel, proc, clientData) void Tcl_DeleteCloseHandler(channel, proc, clientData) ARGUMENTS
Tcl_Channel channel (in) The channel for which to create or delete a close callback. Tcl_CloseProc *proc (in) The procedure to call as the callback. ClientData clientData (in) Arbitrary one-word value to pass to proc. _________________________________________________________________ DESCRIPTION
Tcl_CreateCloseHandler arranges for proc to be called when channel is closed with Tcl_Close or Tcl_UnregisterChannel, or using the Tcl close command. Proc should match the following prototype: typedef void Tcl_CloseProc( ClientData clientData); The clientData is the same as the value provided in the call to Tcl_CreateCloseHandler. Tcl_DeleteCloseHandler removes a close callback for channel. The proc and clientData identify which close callback to remove; Tcl_Delete- CloseHandler does nothing if its proc and clientData arguments do not match the proc and clientData for a close handler for channel. SEE ALSO
close(n), Tcl_Close(3), Tcl_UnregisterChannel(3) KEYWORDS
callback, channel closing Tcl 7.5 Tcl_CreateCloseHandler(3)