Sponsored Content
Top Forums Programming Finding used socket receive-buffer size Post 302343671 by fpmurphy on Thursday 13th of August 2009 09:00:52 AM
Old 08-13-2009
There a a number of techniques available. One way is to use the MSG_PEEK flag with recv() to peek at the data that is available to be read. See Section 13.7 Volume 1 2nd edition, UNIX network Programming by Richard Stevens for a detailed discussion.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Programming

Using fread if the buffer size is not known

Hi... I am trying to read a binary data that have different types of messages of different lengths. I am using fread() but this functions needs the size and count to read the buffer from the file. I think this may cause that the buffer overlaps other messages. Is there an alternative to read... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: jlrodz
1 Replies

2. Red Hat

buffer cache size

hi everyone, can any one help change the buffer cache size in redhat and suse?? this error i got when i installed oracle 10g and it went well and when i try to mount the database using startup cmd it says too many buffer cache parameters (error code : ora-1034) thnq in advance (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: gsr_kashyap
0 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

finding duplicate files by size and finding pattern matching and its count

Hi, I have a challenging task,in which i have to find the duplicate files by its name and size,then i need to take anyone of the file.Then i need to open the file and find for more than one pattern and count of that pattern. Note:These are the samples of two files,but i can have more... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: jerome Sukumar
2 Replies

4. IP Networking

Can we write a multiple thread to receive from a single socket file descriptor

Hi Friends, I have written a program which will listener for more than 1000 requests per second from a single socket descriptor and then it will process those requestes. Its taking X amount of time. Now i want to reduce that time. Will I can write multiple threads to receive the... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: pa.chidhambaram
2 Replies

5. Programming

Send/Receive buffer size??

Dear friends, How do I find the TCP send and receive buffer size? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: nagalenoj
1 Replies

6. Programming

Store file into a buffer to send it through a socket

Hello, I'm doing a very simple program which reads a file and sends whatever is in the file through a socket. Like the program "file2cable". Let's say i have a file containing the following, which is a hex dump of an ARP request frame: ff ff ff ff ff ff 00 1b 24 79 5a 73 08 06 00 01 08... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: semash!
5 Replies

7. Programming

how can I send and receive data in client server socket programing

char name; printf ("Welcome to the server \n"); printf ("Enter user name: \n"); scanf ("%c", &name); how can client send name to server:what should be the code? int send ( int sid , const char ∗buffer Ptr , int len , int f l a g ) how can client receive ack from... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: saiful_911
1 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Decrease buffer size

Hi, I am using the below command to get the output in a file called "Logs.txt" tail -f filename | egrep -i "cpu | hung " >> Logs.txt The problem is the Logs.txt file gets updated only after the buffer is 8Kb, but i want to update the file immediately and not wait for the buffer to get 8kb. Is... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: @bhi
8 Replies

9. Programming

[c] How to calculate size of the file from size of the buffer?

Hi, Can I find size of the file from size of the buffer written? nbECRITS = fwrite(strstr(data->buffer, ";") + 1, sizeof(char), (data->buffsize) - LEN_NOM_FIC, fic_sortie); Thank You :) (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: ezee
1 Replies

10. Programming

How to avoid 'No buffer space available' on C socket?

Hello everybody, Years ago i left in stand-by a project of mine where the main program was supposed to send thousands ARP frames over the socket as fast as it could; but because of a programming issue i couldn't continue it. 2 days ago I decided to solve that issue. The thing is, when the... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Zykl0n-B
4 Replies
libdoor(3LIB)							Interface Libraries						     libdoor(3LIB)

NAME
libdoor - doors library SYNOPSIS
cc [ flag... ] file... -ldoor [ library... ] #include <door.h> DESCRIPTION
The functions in this library provide programmatic access to doors, including the ability to create and call them. Doors are a fast light- weight RPC mechanism for secure control transfer between processes on the same machine. Conceptually, a thread in one process can issue a call using a door descriptor that causes code to be executed in another process and then returns using the traditional synchronous RPC model. Doors can also be used to pass data and file descriptors between processes. INTERFACES
The shared object libdoor.so.1 provides the public interfaces defined below. See intro(3) for additional information on shared object interfaces. door_bind door_call door_create door_cred door_info door_return door_revoke door_server_create door_ucred door_unbind FILES
/lib/libdoor.so.1 shared object /lib/64/libdoor.so.1 64-bit shared object ATTRIBUTES
See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Availability |SUNWcsl | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Interface Stability |Evolving | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |MT-Level |Safe | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ SEE ALSO
intro(3), door_bind(3DOOR), door_call(3DOOR), door_create(3DOOR), door_cred(3DOOR), door_info(3DOOR), door_return(3DOOR), door_revoke(3DOOR), door_server_create(3DOOR), door_ucred(3DOOR), attributes(5) Stevens, W. Richard. UNIX Network Programming, Volume 2: Interprocess Communications, 2/e. Tucson, Ariz.: Prentice Hall, 1999. SunOS 5.10 24 Mar 2004 libdoor(3LIB)