Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Simple AWK script problem.
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Simple AWK script problem. Post 302343636 by omnomtac on Thursday 13th of August 2009 06:21:00 AM
Old 08-13-2009
Rubin, works perfectly. I really appreciate your help.

Thanks.
Patrick.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

simple shell script problem

hi all. i have a little problem. im basically reading input from the user from the keyboard into the variable "phonenumber". I want to do a little error check to check if the user doesnt enter anything in for the value phonenumber. i had this: read phonenumber if then ..... else ........ (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: djt0506
2 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Simple script problem

Hi everyone - I am sure this is a really simple problem but I'm a total noob at Linux scripting: I wanted to create a script that allows me to compare the current week number to the contents of a text file in my home directory: VAR1='date +%V' VAR2='cat /home/fred/file.txt' ... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: FiniteRed
6 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk gsub simple problem

Hi New to shell script and awk and need assistance on this problem. I need to use a variable to substitute a string in an external file and write the changed info to another file. At first I did not know if you could use a variable as the sub value but the following showed me that I can. ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: hukcjv
3 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

simple awk problem

pcn linus> ntpq -p remote refid st t when poll reach delay offset disp ============================================================================== +smpnn01 ntpsrv1 2 u 829 1024 377 1.46 0.793 0.85 *smpnn02 ntpsrv1 2 u ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: arch12
2 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Simple bash script problem

#!/bin/bash cd /media/disk-2 Running ./run.sh it's not changing directory.Why? (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: cola
6 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

simple awk problem

Hello; I have the following log file: 10/11/11 10:42:02 LOCK Q Userid:284 Username=root UserPID:23158 Device:marlin batch 10/11/11 10:42:02 TableNr:226 TableName:iatkn RecId:116290398 Flags:X Q H 10/11/11 10:42:02 LOCK CONTENTION X 10/11/11 10:42:02 ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: delphys
3 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Simple awk problem II

Hello; Trying to figure out how to keep just the contents between the two search lines: awk '/regexp_1/ ,/regexp_2/' I do not want lines containing regexp_1 and regexp_2 in the output. Thank you for any ideas Video tutorial on how to use code tags in The UNIX and Linux Forums. (5 Replies)
5 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

another simple awk problem

Hello; I need to print two previous lines after searching for a reg exp: awk '/haywood/' should produce the following =================== p9J46THe020804 89922 Tue Oct 18 21:06 MAILER-DAEMON (host map: lookup (haywood.com): deferred) ... (1 Reply)
1 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

simple awk sort problem

Hello folks I have the following output UNIX95=1 ps -ef -o pcpu,user,pid,args |more %CPU USER PID COMMAND 0.03 root 0 swapper 0.08 root 1 init 0.00 root 13 net_str_cached 0.00 root 12 usbhubd 0.00 root 11 escsid 0.00 root 10... (3 Replies)
3 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Simple awk search problem

Hello; we have : awk '/reg_exp/,0/ prints every line after the first occurrence of "reg_exp" But if I want to print rest of the lines AFTER the last occurrence of "reg_exp", how would I do it ?? Tried : awk ' ! (/reg_exp/,0)' But it errored... Thank you for any... (5 Replies)
5 Replies
INSTALLSIEVE(1) 					      General Commands Manual						   INSTALLSIEVE(1)

NAME
installsieve - user utility for managing sieve scripts SYNOPSIS
installsieve DESCRIPTION
installsieve is a utility that allows users to manage their sieve scripts kept on the server. OPTIONS
-v <name> View script with the given name. The script if retrieved sucessfully is output to standard output. -l List all of the scripts currently on the server. If one of the scripts is active a arrow is printed indicating that it is the active script. -p <port> Port to connect to. If left off this defaults to "sieve" as defined in /etc/services. -i <file> Install a file onto the server. If a script with the same name already exists on the server it is overwritten. Upon sucessfully putting the script on the server the script is set active. If <file> has the extension .script it is chopped when put on the server since sieve names may not contain a '.'. -a <name> Set <name> as the active script. The list of available names can be obtained from the '-l' option.. -d <name> Delete the sieve script on the server with <name>. -m <mechanism> Force installsieve to use <mechanism> for authentication. If not specified the strongest authentication mechanism is chosen. -g <name> Get the sieve script with <name> and save it to disk with a ".script" extension. If a file with that name already exists it is overwritten. -u <user> Userid/Authname to use for authentication; by default, the current user. CMU
Project Cyrus INSTALLSIEVE(1)