Sponsored Content
Operating Systems AIX Port hang issue in AIX Version 5.3 Post 302343491 by subharai on Wednesday 12th of August 2009 03:38:01 PM
Old 08-12-2009
Port hang issue in AIX Version 5.3

Thanks zaxxon for the reply.

Will keep in mind regarding the the format while posting a thread.

--------------------------------------

1. 'AIX and WebSphere up-to-date' by any chance is this concerned with the JDK version?

2. Found the following errors in the application logs while the port is in hanged status:-

Code:

Exception in Constructor 
sendData:my Data Length is:194
sendData:sending length of:194
 length of the string 194
Exception in sendData64
java.net.ConnectException: Connection timed out: connect
 at java.net.PlainSocketImpl.socketConnect(Native Method)
 at java.net.PlainSocketImpl.doConnect(Unknown Source)
 at java.net.PlainSocketImpl.connectToAddress(Unknown Source)
 at java.net.PlainSocketImpl.connect(Unknown Source)
 at java.net.SocksSocketImpl.connect(Unknown Source)
 at java.net.Socket.connect(Unknown Source)
 at java.net.Socket.connect(Unknown Source)
 at java.net.Socket.<init>(Unknown Source)
 at java.net.Socket.<init>(Unknown Source)

At this point of time when we are trying to connect to the same port it is throwing an error ' Not able to connect to the port'.

3. Nope, we are not able to create any further connection after the port gets hanged. The output of netstat -an | grep <port no.> shows all the connections in ESTABLISHED status.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. AIX

AIX 4.1.5/RS6000 boot hang, help requested

Hello there! I have a RS-6000 7043-140 machine with AIX version 4.1.5, that is working for almost 8 years now. It has a tty monitor. My problem started when I upgraded my machine to install a gxt250 graphics adapter card together with a 15" AOC VGA Monitor, logitech keyboard and mouse, ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: bright_genius
2 Replies

2. AIX

how to up the aix machine when the desktop was hang

Hi all, My AIX machine desktop was hanged. What to do. please help me. It's very urgent. Thank's & regards, Balaraju. (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: balarajum
7 Replies

3. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

removing hang processes (AIX)

Hi Guys, Just wondering if I have a child process which is basically hanging and I can see that is on sleep or wait mode if I want to remove/terminate this process , the signal has to come from its parent I assume. The reason I'm asking this is because I'm facing a db2 hang situation and we... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: hariza
3 Replies

4. Solaris

Solaris 10 CDE hang issue

Hi, I am facing some issues on Solaris 10 (SPARC 5.10 Generic_118833-36). The issue is when I try to connect/login through CDE it hangs (hangs at login screen). I tried connecting thourgh VNC client also but that also not helped. I had done no configuration change or modified any kernel... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: kgupta
2 Replies

5. Solaris

Zone hang issue

I have a solaris10 zone running an oracle db in it. The zone hangs after some time the db is started and i 'm unable to log into the zone after that so i have to halt and restart the zone along with db .. but after few hrs again it hangs. What would be the reason for it. I did svcs -xv and got... (13 Replies)
Discussion started by: fugitive
13 Replies

6. AIX

DNS is hang in AIX 6.1

Guy's I have configured DNS like the below but I faced another issue ! nameserver 172.18.14.7 nameserver 172.18.14.8 domain domain.com When I ping any Host from the server itself its replaying me the IP of that hosts that's mean DNS is working fain but when I try to ftp or telnet... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: Mr.AIX
8 Replies

7. AIX

Need Help Urgent AIX Hang

hello all, I'm newbie on AIX. Can any one tell why this happen ? I have expectation this error came because paging memory. This is my error : ( I cann;t read this log and need your help) --------------------------------------------------------------------------- LABEL: ... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: Fandikurnia
7 Replies

8. Programming

A system hang issue in porting an old fs to kernel 2.6.32.*

Hi, I ported a file system from Kernel version 2.6.18.* to 2.6.32.46 as VFS implementation has changed and prepare_write/commit_write are replaced by write_begin/write_end pairs. Implemented the feature by writing a wrapper for write_begin and write_end and calling original functions for... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Praveen_218
0 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to solve hang issue in script?

i have one function block in the beginning of my script and there are some commands inside that function which will perform some operations. And i am invoking that function from my main script by passing some values. Sometimes it is hanging in the middle for some value. For example: For 1st... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: thomasraj87
3 Replies

10. AIX

AIX 5.3 NFS export not mounting, rpcinfo hang/timeout on server

Been trying to get a directory NFS-mounted with no success. I've tried both NFS v3 and v4, but currently trying v4. I can't figure out what's going on here. server: sbkovwadmd01 sbkovwadmd01# chnfsdom Current local domain: edw.dev sbkovwadmd01# lssrc -a | grep nfs | grep active nfsd ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: eckertd
3 Replies
qpsmtpd-forkserver(8)					      System Manager's Manual					     qpsmtpd-forkserver(8)

NAME
qpsmtpd-forkserver - Fork-on-demand server for qpsmtpd SYNOPSIS
qpsmtpd-forkserver [options] DESCRIPTION
qpsmtpd-forkserver is the qpsmtpd frontend script which binds to the SMTP TCP socket and forks as clients connect. OPTIONS
--port port, -p port Binds to a specific port, instead of the default 2525. --user user, -u user On startup, switch to run as user instead of the starting user. Applies only when started as root (as is normal when listening on port 25). --limit-connections limit, -c limit Accept at most limit simultaneous connections. Inbound connections beyondthis limit will be deferred or refused. --max-from-ip limit, -m limit Accept at most limit simultaneous connections from any given IP address; does not override --limit-connections, if set. --listen-address addr, -l addr Bind to the local address addr, instead of the default behavior of binding to all interfaces. Can be specified multiple times to bind to more than one interface or local address. --detach, -d Detach from the controlling terminal at startup, to run as a standalone daemon. See also --pid-file. --pid-file filename Upon startup, and after daemonizing if applicable, write the process ID to filename, for use by sysvinit control scripts or similar utilities. AUTHOR
Ask Bjorn Hansen <ask@develooper.com> http://smtpd.develooper.com/ qpsmtpd-forkserver(8)