Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Linux Script under rc3.d not being executed on server bootup Post 302343429 by hemangjani on Wednesday 12th of August 2009 12:48:10 PM
Old 08-12-2009
Error Script under rc3.d not being executed on server bootup

Hello all,

I have a script callled 'ABCstartup' setup under /etc/rc.d/init.d

Softlink 'S91ABCstartup' pointing to above script has been created under /etc/rc.d/rc3.d

The script is not being executed when the server restarts.

The script runs successfully via manual execution:
./S91ABCstartup start

any suggestions?
Thanks

7 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

bootup script

Hello there I need to run a script whenever i reboot or startup my HP-UX server. This script adds some routes to the route table, and it start third party aplications like "Star Manager". I thought i could do this simply putting the script in "/sbin/init.d, and a link to the script in... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: vascobrito
7 Replies

2. AIX

AIX server freezes on bootup

Issue: AIX server freezes on bootup. Server AIX ver 4.3.3.0 When the AIX server reboots it negotiates NIS. During startup of NFS, customer gets one or more of the following error messages: 0513-056 Timeout waiting for command response. If you specified a foreign host, see the /etc/inittab file... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: srzaman1
1 Replies

3. Linux

Script under rc3.d Vs rc.local

Which of the following gets executed first? script under rc3.d Vs script under rc.local I was under impression that rc3.d has higher precedence over rc.local. Somehow it looks like the script under rc.local got executed first than the one under rc3.d. I had to manually start them in order... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: hemangjani
7 Replies

4. AIX

Script not getting executed via cron but executes when executed manually.

Hi Script not getting executed via cron but executes successfully when executed manually. Please assist cbspsap01(appuser) /app/scripts > cat restart.sh #!/bin/ksh cd /app/bin date >>logfile.out echo "Restart has been started....." >>logfile.out date >>logfile.out initfnsw -y restart... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: samsungsamsung
3 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

List commands executed on a server

Hi All, how to list all the commands executed by users on a linux server.... I dont have access to others .bash_history. and i am not root user.. Please help.. Thanks in advance.. (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: nanz143
6 Replies

6. AIX

Automatic Server bootup after power outage?

Hi everyone, We had a power outage few days ago, and I got the servers up and running but I was informed to look into, if there is a way to bring up the servers automatically/defaultly. I was told the windows admin has their server set up where the servers are up automatically if there is a... (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: Adnans2k
11 Replies

7. Solaris

When were all scripts on the Solaris server last executed?

Hi All, I am new to this forum and I am hoping someone will be able to help me:) I have inherited a very old Solaris server that has a number of scripts around 500 in total. I need to migrate the scripts to Linux but I would like to know which ones are currently being executed rather... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: josamy
10 Replies
rcinet(8)						      System Manager's Manual							 rcinet(8)

NAME
rcinet - Restarts, starts, or stops Internet network services on the system SYNOPSIS
/usr/sbin/rcinet option OPTIONS
You must specify one of the following options with the rcinet command: Restarts the network on the system. Starts the network on the sys- tem. Stops the network on the system. You can restrict the restart, start, or stop operation to either IPv4 or IPv6 networks by specifying inet or inet6, respectively, as the second parameter. By default, the script assumes both IPv4 and IPv6. DESCRIPTION
The rcinet script allows system administrators to restart, start, or stop the Internet network services on the system while it is running in multiuser mode by using one of the options. RESTRICTIONS
Superuser privilege is required. Warn users that the system is being removed from the network. File systems that were not mounted using the /etc/fstab file or the automount command must be unmounted with the umount command. You must remount these file systems using the mount command after the network is started on your system. ERRORS
The rcinet script prints an error message to stderr if the network is not configured on the system. FILES
The network shell scripts are located in /sbin/init.d with symbolic links in /sbin/rc0.d and /sbin/rc3.d. SEE ALSO
Commands: mount(8) Network Administration rcinet(8)