Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Replace special characters in multiple files - perl Post 302343383 by RMSoares on Wednesday 12th of August 2009 10:01:39 AM
Old 08-12-2009
Replace special characters in multiple files - perl

I have 100 files, where i want to search a set of strings and make the replacement by other strings

In the first case I want to include a parameter in the name of a file

LOG_DCT = $ LOG_DIR/DCT_GERAL_"$DATAINI".log
replace to : LOG_DCT = $ LOG_DIR / DCT_GERAL_ $ 1_ "$ DATAINI". log

I did tests with the instruction "perl -pi -e 's/DCT_GERAL/DCT_GERAL_ $ 1 /' filename”, but the result is not what we expected: LOG_DCT = $ LOG_DIR / DCT_GERAL__" $ DATAINI”.log replaces the $ 1 by null.

In the second case, I want to move the instruction of new line to the end of a printf

printf "\n# $IDCADEIA - $IDJOB - $HORAACTUAL - XPTO(YYYYMMDD)">> $ LOGFILE
Replace to: printf "$IDCADEIA - $IDJOB - $HORAACTUAL - XPTO(YYYYMMDD) \n#">> $ LOGFILE

I tried using the command "perl -pi -e 's/printf "\n#/printf "/' filename” and "perl -pi -e' s/) ">> $ LOGFILE /) \n#"> > $ LOGFILE/' filename”, but since the string has special characters ( ), \ ", #) it gives an error in the replacement.

Accepted suggestions of how to make these changes to files without having to have them manually: Smilie

regards
Rui

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Replace Special characters in a file

Hi, I have a data like this in a file, 402003279034002000100147626030003300010000000000002000029000000 ær^M^\MÍW^H I need to replace those special char to some other char like # or $ Is there any ways to do it... I tried commands tr,sed and many but it was not able to replace because... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: solai
1 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Single/Multiple Line with Special characters - Find & Replace in Unix Script

Hi, I am creating a script to do a find and replace single/multiple lines in a file with any number of lines. I have written a logic in a script that reads a reference file say "findrep" and populates two variables $FIND and $REPLACE print $FIND gives Hi How r $u Rahul() Note:... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: r_sarnayak
0 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Using sed to replace special characters

Hi everyone I have file1 contains: '7832' ' 8765 6543 I want a sed command that will format as: '7832' , '8765' , '6543' I tried sed -e s/\'//g -e 's/^*//;s/*$//' file1 > file2 sed -e :a -e '$!N; s/\n/ /; ta' file2 which gives: 7832 8765 6543 I need some help to continue with... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: nimo
5 Replies

4. Solaris

How to replace special characters in vi?

Hi , I want to replace the special characters in the file. For eg: cat abc 1234/4455/acb 234/k/lll/ 234`fs`fd I want to replace / and ` with the letter a and the output should like below. How to achieve this. 1234a4455aacb 234akallla 234afsafd (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: rogerben
2 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Replace special characters

I have a line ending with special character and 0 The special character is the field separator for this line in VI mode the file will look like below, but while cat the special character wont display i know the hexa code for the special character ^_ is \x1f and ascii code is \0037, ... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: ratheeshjulk
0 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Replace special characters with Escape characters?

i need to replace the any special characters with escape characters like below. test!=123-> test\!\=123 !@#$%^&*()-= to be replaced by \!\@\#\$\%\^\&\*\(\)\-\= (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: laknar
8 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to replace special characters?

Hi Unix Guru, I have an requirement for replace some specail characters in a file, my file came from mainframe. please see below example: when open it with vi 17896660|89059215|04/24/1998 00:00:00.000000| abc 123-453-1312^M<85>^M<85>|124557 if I run cat -v I got following:... (25 Replies)
Discussion started by: ken002
25 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help to replace the string with special characters

{"name":"alR_pl-ENVIRONMENT_192_168_211_123_sDK_PROVISION_7","description":"aLR_pl-ENVIRONMENT_192_168_211_123_sDK_PROVISION_7","json_class":"Chef::Role","default_attributes":{},"override_attributes":{"yoapp":{"jboss":"5.1.0","port":"2243","warname":"soap","datacenter":"alR","ip":"192.168.211.123","... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: nikhil jain
3 Replies

9. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

How to replace special characters?

Hi Team, I have data like this. |*|.5|*|0.2|*|A.B|*| Would like to add zero (0) before the decimal point where there is no zero as |*|0.5|*|0.2|*|A.B|*| How to replace |*|. with |*|0. I tried below command which didn't work echo '|*|.5|*|0.2|*|A.B|*' | sed... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Ravi.K
4 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Replace Pattern with another that has Special Characters

Hello Team, Any help would be much appreciated for the below scenario: I have a sed command below where I am trying to replace the contents of 'old_pkey' variable with 'new_pkey' variable in a Soap request file (delete_request.txt). This works fine for regular string values, but this new_pkey... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: ChicagoBlues
8 Replies
REPLACE(1)						       MySQL Database System							REPLACE(1)

NAME
replace - a string-replacement utility SYNOPSIS
replace arguments DESCRIPTION
The replace utility program changes strings in place in files or on the standard input. Note The replace utility is deprecated as of MySQL 5.7.18 and is removed in MySQL 8.0. Invoke replace in one of the following ways: shell> replace from to [from to] ... -- file_name [file_name] ... shell> replace from to [from to] ... < file_name from represents a string to look for and to represents its replacement. There can be one or more pairs of strings. Use the -- option to indicate where the string-replacement list ends and the file names begin. In this case, any file named on the command line is modified in place, so you may want to make a copy of the original before converting it. replace prints a message indicating which of the input files it actually modifies. If the -- option is not given, replace reads the standard input and writes to the standard output. replace uses a finite state machine to match longer strings first. It can be used to swap strings. For example, the following command swaps a and b in the given files, file1 and file2: shell> replace a b b a -- file1 file2 ... replace supports the following options. o -?, -I Display a help message and exit. o -#debug_options Enable debugging. o -s Silent mode. Print less information what the program does. o -v Verbose mode. Print more information about what the program does. o -V Display version information and exit. COPYRIGHT
Copyright (C) 1997, 2018, Oracle and/or its affiliates. All rights reserved. This documentation is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it only under the terms of the GNU General Public License as published by the Free Software Foundation; version 2 of the License. This documentation is distributed in the hope that it will be useful, but WITHOUT ANY WARRANTY; without even the implied warranty of MERCHANTABILITY or FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. See the GNU General Public License for more details. You should have received a copy of the GNU General Public License along with the program; if not, write to the Free Software Foundation, Inc., 51 Franklin Street, Fifth Floor, Boston, MA 02110-1301 USA or see http://www.gnu.org/licenses/. SEE ALSO
For more information, please refer to the MySQL Reference Manual, which may already be installed locally and which is also available online at http://dev.mysql.com/doc/. AUTHOR
Oracle Corporation (http://dev.mysql.com/). MySQL 5.7 06/07/2018 REPLACE(1)