Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: I/O timed out
Operating Systems Solaris I/O timed out Post 302343263 by etcpasswd on Wednesday 12th of August 2009 04:34:34 AM
Old 08-12-2009
Computer

My apology, if i have to reopen this old thread.

I just wanna share how i was able to resolve this problem in my Ultra 45 WS.
Quote:
Originally Posted by incredible
sorry, for the I/O error.....
ok.. did you power off the system and boot again?
Ans: I did a power off of the system and boot again but still with the error.
Quote:
Originally Posted by incredible
were you able to probe the disk?
Ans: I am aware that the disk is an SCSI type, so, i issue the command below at the ok prompt and get the ff. result:
Code:
ok probe-scsi-all
MPT Version 1.05, Firmware Version Version 1.08.03.00
/pci@1e, 600000: Last Trap: Fast Data Access MMU Miss

By system default config, hdd is connected to SCSI Port1 of the Mobo. So, I transferred the hdd to SCSI Port 2 and the next time i booted the system, it can now boot successfully with no errors found. Replacing the hard disk will get rid of the 'I/O timed out' too. You might have a failing HDD.

Last edited by etcpasswd; 08-12-2009 at 07:19 AM..

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Connection Timed out

I connect to a Sun Box through telnet but it timed out in couple of minutes. Advance thanks for any idea...help... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: s_aamir
2 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

timed commands

Hello, How can I set up events to be executed at a certain time? And do I need some kind of privilege such as being in cron group? (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: rayne
2 Replies

3. HP-UX

connection timed out

I am trying to connect with my hp machine using "dialup networking." It times out after 30 seconds. Is there a way to adjust this time. Would it have anything to do with rexec? thanks (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: paschal
0 Replies

4. Programming

Timed wait?

Is there any way in which I can make my wait signal to wait for a specified time for child job to complete. And if that time is over, the program gets out of the wait signal to process other things (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: anjul_thegreat
4 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

How do I make a timed script

Hello, I would like to make a script, ideally in perl since I am most familair with it, that does the following: automatically starts up at 9 pm, searches through a specified directory for any new files, finds those new files and starts to run them through a pipeline. I have most of it worked... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: amcrisan
4 Replies

6. Solaris

RCP command timed out

I HAVE A PERL SCRIPT WHICH RCP files from one server to another. The script is not having any issues for years and it is running for more than 3 years . Last week it had failed with error "Command timed out " error. Please help me out (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: praviper
3 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Timed Scripts

Hi all I need a little bit of help, i am looking for a script that can have different events in it and then if it is a certain day email me about it some sort of email reminder system any ideas thanks (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: ab52
4 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

timed kill within script?

I want to warn everyone, I am not a programmer lol. I'm an IT wanting to get a little insight of programming, and I like to play around so I can learn. Ok, so I'm going to school for IT Security and Forensics. I had a project to write a hack, and I chose to write a shell script to run dd to write... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: joshbgosh10592
8 Replies

9. Emergency UNIX and Linux Support

SSH operation timed out

This has never happened before, but my laptop is now unable to access any remote servers. I have tried with 3 independent servers that I have access as recently as last week. I am not asked for my password, home:~ x$ ssh -v -p22 user@server OpenSSH_5.2p1, OpenSSL 0.9.7l 28 Sep 2006... (17 Replies)
Discussion started by: chrisjorg
17 Replies

10. AIX

Ssh connection timed out

Hello, I have two AIX6.1 machines that can communicate with each other through ssh. The problem is that one of them somehow closes the connection after some time and i don't know the reason of that. For example today i send through rsync command 7 files from one server to the other. It send... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: omonoiatis9
7 Replies
install-solaris(1M)													       install-solaris(1M)

NAME
install-solaris - install the Solaris operating system SYNOPSIS
install-solaris install-solaris invokes the Solaris Install program. Depending on graphical capability and available memory at the time of invocation, install-solaris invokes either a text-based installer or a graphical installer. The following minimum requirements for physical memory dictate which features are available during installation: For SPARC machines: 128 MB Minimum physical memory for all installation types 128 MB Minimum physical memory required for windowing system 384 MB Minimum physical memory required for graphical-based installation For x86 machines: 256 MB Minimum physical memory for all installation types 256 MB Minimum physical memory required for windowing system 512 MB Minimum physical memory required for graphical-based installation In some cases, even if the minimum physical memory is present, available virtual memory after system startup can limit the number of fea- tures available. install-solaris exists only on the Solaris installation media (CD or DVD) and should be invoked only from there. Refer to the for more details. install-solaris allows installation of the operating system onto any standalone system. install-solaris loads the software available on the installation media. Refer to the for disk space requirements. Refer to the for more information on the various menus and selections. See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Availability |SUNWcdrom (Solaris instal- | | |lation media) | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Interface Stability |Evolving | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ pkginfo(1), install(1M), pkgadd(1M), attributes(5) It is advisable to exit install-solaris by means of the exit options in the install-solaris menus. 23 Sep 2005 install-solaris(1M)