Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting program for multiplication in shell script Post 302343216 by sandeep.krish on Wednesday 12th of August 2009 02:54:43 AM
Old 08-12-2009
program for multiplication in shell script

Hi,
I wanted to write a schell program that fetches the values from a file and prints the output as its onerall multiplication.

for example I have a file named abc. it has values 2, 3, 4

now my program should give me 2*3*4 ie 24.

note:this file abc can have any numbers.

so experts,
please help me with this program.i am a newbie to unix schell programing Smilie

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Filesystems, Disks and Memory

shell script program

shell script for sorting,searchingand insertion/deletion of elements in a list (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: jayaram_miryabb
1 Replies

2. Programming

How to include shell script in C program

hi I want to call a shell script in C program the script is : ssh -t user@remote sh /<remote>home/user/<file_name>.sh and other several commands C program : Call this script and the retrive the task that is been done in <file_name>.sh file can any one tell me how... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: mridula
5 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need help on C-shell script program

#!/bin/csh # This program will add integers # # # add integer1 .. # # Check for argument if ($#argv == 0 ) then echo "usage: add integers" exit 1 else set input = $argv endif # set sum = 0 foreach var ( $input ) @sum = $sum + $input end # (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: haze21
1 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Error with "multiplication table" in shell script

#!/bin/sh echo Enter the multiplication number required: read number for i in 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 do echo "$number * $i = expr $number \* $i" done I am not getting the output for this multiplication table. (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: vinodpaw
4 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Calling a shell script from a C program

Hi, I have a shell script which connects to a database and fetches the count of the records from a table. I want to embed this whole script in a C program. Also the count fetched should be available in the C program for further usage. Please let me know how this can be done. Thanks ... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: swasid
0 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

shell script program

shell script in Unix/Linux to find the lines numbers of a text file are having word which is 5 to 10 characters long and having first letter as a capital letter. (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: usersnehal
3 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Killing a program in shell script

I followed the directions here Free Twitter Source Code ? Twitter Database Server: Install and created a php script that enters twitter keyword searches into a MySQL DB. When you execute the files outlined in the above link, a script starts indefinitely. I've noticed that the scripts... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: phpchick
6 Replies

8. Homework & Coursework Questions

Need help writing a shell script program

Use and complete the template provided. The entire template must be completed. If you don't, your post may be deleted! 1. The problem statement, all variables and given/known data: Write the a shell script program to remove all space characters stored in the shell variable TEXT.... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: kofine05
7 Replies

9. Programming

Regarding Python Program with Shell Script

Hi All, I have written a shell script which is using the expect method, it is working fine in terminal window, and then I have executed via python script its also working fine in command prompt functioning properly, I used subprocess.Popen method to execute the shell script file, its working... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: janaefx
0 Replies

10. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Percentage / Multiplication in Shell Script

Hello, I am trying to compute the percentage in a script as shown below: PerCover=`echo "scale=2 ; 100 \* ($InputCover/$Total)" | bc` However the PerCover value is blank/null. What do I need to do differently? Thanks for your input! ~Guss (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Gussifinknottle
1 Replies
PIDOF(8)						Linux System Administrator's Manual						  PIDOF(8)

NAME
pidof -- find the process ID of a running program. SYNOPSIS
pidof [-s] [-c] [-n] [-x] [-o omitpid[,omitpid..]] [-o omitpid[,omitpid..]..] program [program..] DESCRIPTION
Pidof finds the process id's (pids) of the named programs. It prints those id's on the standard output. This program is on some systems used in run-level change scripts, especially when the system has a System-V like rc structure. In that case these scripts are located in /etc/rc?.d, where ? is the runlevel. If the system has a start-stop-daemon (8) program that should be used instead. OPTIONS
-s Single shot - this instructs the program to only return one pid. -c Only return process ids that are running with the same root directory. This option is ignored for non-root users, as they will be unable to check the current root directory of processes they do not own. -n Avoid stat(2) system function call on all binaries which are located on network based file systems like NFS. Instead of using this option the the variable PIDOF_NETFS may be set and exported. -x Scripts too - this causes the program to also return process id's of shells running the named scripts. -o omitpid Tells pidof to omit processes with that process id. The special pid %PPID can be used to name the parent process of the pidof pro- gram, in other words the calling shell or shell script. EXIT STATUS
0 At least one program was found with the requested name. 1 No program was found with the requested name. NOTES
pidof is actually the same program as killall5; the program behaves according to the name under which it is called. When pidof is invoked with a full pathname to the program it should find the pid of, it is reasonably safe. Otherwise it is possible that it returns pids of running programs that happen to have the same name as the program you're after but are actually other programs. Note that that the executable name of running processes is calculated with readlink(2), so symbolic links to executables will also match. SEE ALSO
pidofproc(8), shutdown(8), init(8), halt(8), reboot(8), killall5(8) AUTHOR
Miquel van Smoorenburg, miquels@cistron.nl 01 Sep 1998 PIDOF(8)