Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting RSYNC syntax for pushing file with latest system date Post 302343090 by tfort73 on Tuesday 11th of August 2009 02:20:22 PM
Old 08-11-2009
re: RSYNC syntax for pushing file with latest system date

On our production server everyday, "1" file will be generated and stored in the starting directory. Now I have to find a way to move the newest file (by date) to be pushed to the DEVL server. Remind you I have to keep all other files in the same directory. So, I figure by "date" or "system date" rysnc will know to move that particular file.

Does this help?

I am looking for the syntax to complete this task

-thanks

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Loop through files in dir, omit file with latest date

I want to loop through files in a directory but omit the file with the latest date in my list of files. How would I accomplish this? Thanks (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: stringzz
2 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

get the latest file by reading the date in the filename.

Hi, I grep for a pattern in a list of files. "grep -i -l $pattern *.datx*" it may give me n number of files. say for eg, it gives me 2 files. lock_eicu_20071228_00000000.dat_20071228_05343100 lock_eicu_20080501_00000000.dat_20080501_05343900 out of these 2 files I need to get the... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: prsshini
7 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

grep latest file based on date.

hi all, not sure if this has been posted b4 but i try to search but not valid. this is my question: when i do a ls -ltr there will be a list generated as follows: -rw-r--r-- 1 root sys 923260 Jan 10 04:38 FilePolling.41025.083TL021.xml -rw-r--r-- 1 root sys 1761337 Jan 10 04:40... (12 Replies)
Discussion started by: lweegp
12 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Grep the Content of a LOG File which has latest Date and Time

Hi All, Need a small help. I have a log file which keeps updating for every Minute with multiple number of lines. I just want to grep few properties which has latest Date and Time to it. How do i do it? I wanted to grep a property by name "Reloading cache with a maximum of" from the... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: nvindraneel
4 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Selecting the file of latest Date

Hi Folks, I have one query that there is a folder in which daily several logs files are getting created , I reached to that location through putty but what I observer that 10 files of different date are been created with same name , what I need to see is the latest file ...let say the location is ... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: KAREENA18
5 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Needed shell script to get the latest file based on date

hi i need the shell script to get the file with latest date. for example in my input folder i have files like file_20130212.txt file_20130211.txt now my output folder should have the file with latest date i.e..file_20120212.txt i want to get the latest file .. i.e is should take... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: hemanthsaikumar
6 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Find the latest file based on the date in the filename

Hi, We've a list of files that gets created on a weekly basis and it has got a date and time embedded to it. Below are the examples. I want to find out how to get the latest files get the date and time stamp out of it. Files are PQR123.PLL.M989898.201308012254.gpg... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: rudoraj
1 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How to pick the latest file with date as one among the file name.( not exactly present date.)?

i have files like 1)20131112_abc_01.csv and 2)20131113_abc_01.csv and 3)20131113_abc_02.csv when i try to fetch the file in the next day. it shud pick the third file.. plz help me.. and i use `date +"%Y%m%d"` command to fetch..it fetches the current date... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: applepie
2 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Finding latest file in dir but getting syntax errors

I believe there are couple of syntax issues in my script, couldn't find them :( can someone help me with fixing it to make it work. cd /abcde/ #get the latest filename excluding subdirs filename=`ls -ltr | grep ^- | tail -1 | awk '{print $8}'` #get system date and file timestamp and... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: simpltyansh
3 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

To get latest hdfs file system

Hi All, I am having below hdfs file system /user/home/dte=2019_01_30/part_1 /user/home/dte=2019_01_30/part_2 /user/home/dte=2019_01_31/part_1 I need to take the latest month hdfs folder while passing date as parameter. For eg . if i pass as Feb month i.e. 20190201(YYYYMMDD), then... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Master_Mind
0 Replies
calendar(1)						      General Commands Manual						       calendar(1)

Name
       calendar - calendar reminder service

Syntax
       calendar [-]

Description
       The  command  consults the file `calendar' in the current directory and prints out lines that contain today's or tomorrow's date.  The com-
       mand recognizes most month-day dates, such as Dec. 7, december 7, 12/7, but it does not recognize dates formatted in the following ways:  7
       December  or  7/12.  If you give the month as * with a date, such as, * 1, that day in any month will do.  On weekends, specifying tomorrow
       extends through Monday.

When an argument is present, the command searches through a user's calendar file in his login directory and sends him any positive  results
       by Normally this is done daily under control of

The  calendar  file  is	first  run  through  the  C  preprocessor, to include any other calendar files specified with the #include syntax.
       Included calendars are shared by all users, and are maintained and documented by the local administration.

Options
       -    Functions for every user who has a calendar file in his login directory.

Restrictions
       The extended idea of tomorrow does not account for holidays.

Files
       calendar
       /usr/lib/calendar to figure out today's and tomorrow's dates
       /etc/passwd
       /tmp/cal*
       /lib/cpp, egrep, sed, mail as subprocesses

See Also
       at(1), cron(8), mail(1)

calendar(1)