Sponsored Content
Operating Systems AIX How to find all device on p570 when need do device firmware upgrade? Post 302343079 by shockneck on Tuesday 11th of August 2009 01:15:53 PM
Old 08-11-2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by rainbow_bean
[...][/COLOR]find the command, just run:invscout on LPAR
Yes Smilie However make sure, that you use a current microcode catalog. Then take the .mup file and feed it from any other computer into the ibm inventory scout webpage.

5 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Solaris

from where i can find the CDROM device

Hi, I attached the CDROM device in sun 2500 system , Now i want to mount this device. From where i can find the CDROM device. Thnx.. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Aamir Sahil
2 Replies

2. Solaris

Migrating non DID device in a metaset to DID device

One of my team colleague mistakenly added non DID device to a metaset in a cluster node and inturn it is again added to concat . In that metaset all devices are DID devices except only one . is it possible to convert this non DID device in metaset to DID device without recreating the whole... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: sekarsamy
0 Replies

3. Solaris

Find out which device uses X.25 port

I'm new to Solaris. We have a server running SunOS 5.8 and sends messages through X.25 port (card is symicron). How to determine which /dev/* it uses? I have searched the web, most sites show that X.25 use /dev/cua/a or /dev/cua/b. I tried to send command from shell echo disptime > /dev/cua/a,... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: myjava
0 Replies

4. Red Hat

Unable To Activate Ethernet Network Device in RHEL 5.5 - e100 device eth0 does not seem to be presen

Hi All, Could anyone please help to resolve the below problem. I installed RHEL5.5 in my desktop.But when i try to activate the ethernet connection then it gives me the error. I spent 2 days for the above and go through with several suggestion found by googling. But no luck. ... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Tanmoy
0 Replies

5. HP-UX

Failed to open tape device /dev/rmt/0mn:Device busy (errno = 16)

Hi, Unable to make tape backup, please help. /opt/ignite/bin/make_tape_recovery -a /dev/rmt/?mn -I -v -m tar -x inc_entire=vg00 * Creating local directories for configuration files and archive. ======= 04/25/16 16:28:08 IST Started /opt/ignite/bin/make_tape_recovery. (Mon... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: anuragr
4 Replies
ucodeadm(1M)						  System Administration Commands					      ucodeadm(1M)

NAME
ucodeadm - update processor microcode SYNOPSIS
/usr/sbin/ucodeadm -v /usr/sbin/ucodeadm -umicrocode-text-file /usr/sbin/ucodeadm -i [-R path] microcode-text-file DESCRIPTION
The ucodeadm utility can be used to report running microcode revision on the processors, update microcode, or install microcode on the tar- get system to be used during the boot process. The microcode-text-file can be obtained from processor vendors. OPTIONS
-v Report microcode revision. -u microcode-text-file Update microcode on all cross-call interrupt ready processors. -i microcode-text-file Install microcode files on target system to be used during the next boot cycle. The text file name must have the vendor name prefix, such as "intel" or "amd". By default the microcode files will be installed at: /platform/i86pc/ucode/$VENDORSTR/ where VENDORSTR is either "GenuineIntel" or "AuthenticAMD". -R alternate path Install microcode path in the alternate path. EXAMPLES
Example 1 Reporting the Microcode Revision The following example displays the microcode revision that is currently running: # ucodeadm -v Example 2 Updating the Processor Microcode The following example updates the processor microcode to intel-ucode.txt: # ucodeadm -u intel-ucode.txt Example 3 Installing the Microcode on the Target System The following example installs the microcode on the target system, /export/ucode-path: # ucodeadm -i -R /export/ucode-path intel-ucode.txt If an alternate path is used when installing the microcode on the target system, the installed microcode file is not used on the next boot cycle. EXIT STATUS
The following exit values are returned: 0 Successful completion. >0 An error occurred. ATTRIBUTES
See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Availability |SUNWcsu | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Interface Stability |Stable | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ SEE ALSO
psradm(1M), psrinfo(1M), attributes(5) SunOS 5.11 10 Jul 2007 ucodeadm(1M)