Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting script syntax error: unexpected end of file Post 302343074 by methyl on Tuesday 11th of August 2009 12:47:51 PM
Old 08-11-2009
No, just use "vi" or your normal editor to remove the trailing space.
The "sed" I used was just a quick way of seeing spaces - not an edit to the file.

Though the "sed" you suggest would remove the trailing space from the line ending EOF and fix the problem.

Code:
sed -i "s/ \$//g" old_scriptname > new_scriptname

Last edited by methyl; 08-11-2009 at 07:36 PM..

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

syntax error: unexpected end of file

Hi, I need ur help is this matter, i have th ebelow script, and i keep getting this error: syntax error: unexpected end of file affectedRow=`cat dbOutput.log | grep "1 row affected"` echo "affectedRow : $affectedRow" if ; then echo "Look to the next OMCDB" ... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: Alaeddin
10 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help on shell script : syntax error at line 62: `end of file' unexpected

Hi All, I have written a korn script (code pasted below). It is giving the error while debugging "new.sh: syntax error at line 62: `end of file' unexpected". I have re-written the whole code in VI and explored all help related to this error on this Unix forum and tried it. Somehow, I could... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: schandrakar1
7 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

I have a script that's failing ./zzmaster.sh: line 2: syntax error: unexpected end of file There are 4 scripts total involved. The first 'znocc0.sh' essentially curls a page then does some sed sequences... #!/bin/sh #GET SENTINAL INFO curl -b z0cookie.txt -L -k -e... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: phpfreak
2 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Hi, I have problem in constructing "IF" condition. The below code throws "tst.sh: line 10: syntax error: unexpected end of file" #!/bin/ksh test=9 echo $test if ] then echo "in" fi echo "end" exit 0 Actually, i want to check whether the variable $test is empty or null. ... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: tinku
5 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Hi, I am newbie to UNIX scripting. I am facing this error "syntax error: unexpected end of file" while executing the following script: ------ a=$1 if then sqlplus -s prospect_stg/prospect_stg@mdmpt <<END insert into bckup_marc_parameter_lookup select * from... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: boopathyvasagam
6 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

I will appreciate help is this matter. i am getting this error (./getwind.scr: line 41: syntax error: unexpected end of file) in the following script : ############################## #QSUB -eo -q sb -lT 1200 -s /bin/csh #Run on an HP-UX machine or norway to access ncks # lat and lon are in... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: peeriich
0 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

syntax error unexpected end of file

I am new to unix, so thank u for ur patience I try to make it work (to duplicate two first columns in several files): #!/bin/bash for i in `seq 2 5` do awk `{ print $1,$1,$2,$2,$3,$4}` final_chr.${i} > input_${i} done and i get ./my_script3.sh: command substitution: line 5: syntax... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: kush
2 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Cannot execute/finish script because of last line syntax error: unexpected end of file/token `done'

first of all I thought the argument DONE is necessary for all scripts that have or begin with do statements which I have on my script, However, I still don't completely understand why I am receiving an error I tried adding another done argument statement but didn't do any good. I appreciate... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: wolf@=NK
3 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Syntax error `end of file' unexpected

I checked the forum and internet, tried different workaorunds but it didnt fixed the error. Please advise on the code. #!/bin/sh CWD=/home/test/Bench cd $CWD (grep "`date +%d-%b"`" File.txt) > /home/test/Bench/dateout if then echo “data” > /home/test/ Bench /test else echo "File... (16 Replies)
Discussion started by: rajjev_saini123
16 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Unexpected End of File Syntax Error

Hi, I am brand new to this so I apologize ahead of time for any formatting problems. I know there is a previous (closed) thread on here about this problem but I wasn't able to fix the error following the posts there so I thought I could create a new one. Here is the error I am getting: ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: SierraG
3 Replies
link(2) 							System Calls Manual							   link(2)

Name
       link - link to a file

Syntax
       link(name1, name2)
       char *name1, *name2;

Description
       A hard link to name1 is created; the link has the name name2.  The name1 must exist.

With  hard links, both name1 and name2 must be in the same file system.	Unless the caller is the superuser, name1 must not be a directory.
       Both the old and the new share equal access and rights to the underlying object.

Return Values
       Upon successful completion, a value of 0 is returned.  Otherwise, a value of -1 is returned, and errno is set to indicate the error.

Diagnostics
       The system call fails and no link is created under the following conditions:

[ENOTDIR]      A component of either path prefix is not a directory.

[ENAMETOOLONG] A component of either pathname exceeded 255 characters, or the entire length of either pathname exceeded 1023 characters.

[ENOENT]       A component of either path prefix does not exist.

[ENOENT]       The file named by name1 does not exist.

[ENOENT]       When name1 or name2 point to an empty string and the environment defined is POSIX or SYSTEM_FIVE.

[EACCES]       A component of either path prefix denies search permission.

[EACCES]       The requested link requires writing in a directory with a mode that denies write permission.

[EEXIST]       The link named by name2 does exist.

[EPERM]	      The file named by name1 is a directory, and the effective user ID is not that of superuser or  the  environment  defined	is
		      POSIX.

[EXDEV]	      The link named by name2 and the file named by name1 are on different file systems.

[EROFS]	      The requested link requires writing in a directory on a read-only file system.

[EFAULT]       One of the pathnames specified is outside the process's allocated address space.

[ELOOP]	      Too many symbolic links were encountered in translating one of the pathnames.

[ENOSPC]       The  directory  in which the entry for the new link is being placed cannot be extended because there is no space left on the
		      file system containing the directory.

[EDQUOT]       The directory in which the entry for the new link is being placed cannot be extended because the user's quota of disk blocks
		      on the file system containing the directory has been exhausted.

[EIO]	      An I/O error occurred while reading from or writing to the file system to make the directory entry.

[ESTALE]       The  file  handle  given	in the argument is invalid.  The file referred to by that file handle no longer exists or has been
		      revoked.

[ETIMEDOUT]    A connect request or remote file operation failed because the connected party did not properly respond  after  a	period	of
		      time that is dependent on the communications protocol.

[EMLINK]       The number of links to the file named by path1 would exceed {LINK_MAX}.

Environment
       In the POSIX environment, linking to directories is not allowed.

See Also
       symlink(2), unlink(2)

link(2)