Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Solaris IPMP configuration and detach problem Post 302343033 by DukeNuke2 on Tuesday 11th of August 2009 10:53:56 AM
Old 08-11-2009
disable ipmp and use a normal ip configuration. set the first interface up and try to ping your default router. if successfull try the same with the second interface.

can you reach the router from both interfaces?

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. HP-UX

fstream - detach in aCC

How to use detach function for aCC. Error 187: "/cc/smc3/root/development/auto_activation/AARS/src/ResultServer.cpp", line 623 # Referenced object 'detach' is not a member of class basic_ofstream<char,std::char_traits<char> > . READ_TOKEN(tmp) (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: onlyforforum
0 Replies

2. Solaris

IPMP. Is this a NIC problem!!?

-- IPMP Groups -- Node Name Group Status Adapter Status --------- ----- ------ ------- ------ IPMP Group: hostname1.xx-xxxx.xxxi sc_ipmp1 Online ce5 Online IPMP Group: hostname1.xx-xxxx.xxxi ipmpgrp01... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: FeNiCrC_Neil
2 Replies

3. Solaris

IPMP/HA: most common configuration

Hi, based on your experience what is the most common IPMP configuration on a two nodes cluster for HA failover / scalable services? ...active-active, active-standby with probe-based failure detection etc. Thanks (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: gxmsgx
3 Replies

4. Solaris

IPMP Configuration

Hi all, Currently i got a server which had two interface. I had study the <SystemAdministration Guide: IP> but still donno what is the correct step to configure it. Can u all help me on it? thanks # ifconfig -a lo0: flags=2001000849<UP,LOOPBACK,RUNNING,MULTICAST,IPv4,VIRTUAL> mtu 8232 index... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: SmartAntz
6 Replies

5. Solaris

IPMP Configuration

Dear All, I have configured IPMP in one of my SUN machine which is having solros 9 version. I have updated all files like /etc/hosts,/etc/hostname.ce0 and /etc/hostname.ce1 and rebooted the server. But IP's are not mounted which i have given in /etc/hosts file. Please find the below ifconfig... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: lbreddy
6 Replies

6. Solaris

IPMP active-standby configuration

Hi All, Need your help to explaining why when i configure 2 interface IPMP active-standby appear, INACTIVE and DEPRECATED parameter, detail screen shoot as below : root@machine01 # ifconfig -a e1000g0: flags=1000843<UP,BROADCAST,RUNNING,MULTICAST,IPv4> mtu 1500 index 7 inet... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: Wong_Cilacap
6 Replies

7. Solaris

IPMP problem

Hi all i had two interface ce0 and ce5 but when i run the ifconfig, it show me alot of extra virtual interface, may i know how to remove it? # ifconfig -a lo0: flags=2001000849<UP,LOOPBACK,RUNNING,MULTICAST,IPv4,VIRTUAL> mtu 8232 index 1 inet 127.0.0.1 netmask ff000000 ce0:... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: SmartAntz
2 Replies

8. Solaris

veritas volume in DETACH STATE

Hello, recently some disks lost contact with solaris 10 system but the disks came back online on their own. I used "vxreattach disk" to attach them to dg and started raid 5 volume. Voulme's kstate is Enabled however state is DETACH. It bothers me a lot. In this state also I can mount the... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: upengan78
1 Replies

9. Solaris

IPMP Configuration Question/Problem

Hi, I have two physical interface connected to solaris box. 1. e1000g1 2. e1000g2 I have added these interfaced under a same IPMP group "IPMP1" After that I have configured a test address for e1000g1 like below ifconfig e1000g1 addif <ip-address> netmask + broadcast + -failover... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: praveensharma21
1 Replies
vni(7d) 							      Devices								   vni(7d)

NAME
vni - STREAMS virtual network interface driver DESCRIPTION
The vni pseudo device is a multi-threaded, loadable, clonable, STREAMS pseudo-device supporting the connectionless Data Link Provider Interface dlpi(7P) Style 2. Note that DLPI is intended to interact with IP, meaning that DLPI access to applications is not supported. (For example, snoop fails on the vni interface.) The vni device is a software-only interface and does not send or receive data. The device provides a DLPI upper interface that identifies itself to IP with a private media type. It can be configured via ifconfig(1M) and can have IP addresses assigned to it, making aliases pos- sible. The vni pseudo device is particularly useful in hosting an IP address when used in conjunction with the 'usesrc' ifconfig option (see ifconfig(1M) for examples). The logical instances of the device can also be used to host addresses as an alternative to hosting them over the loopback interface. Multicast is not supported on this device. More specifically, the following options return an error when used with an address specified on vni: IP_MULTICAST_IF, IP_ADD_MEMBERSHIP, IP_DROP_MEMBERSHIP, IPV6_MULTICAST_IF, IPV6_JOIN_GROUP, IPV6_LEAVE_GROUP. In addition, broadcast is not supported. Because there is no physical hardware configured below it, no traffic can be received through nor transmitted on a virtual interface. All packet transmission and reception is accomplished with existing physical interfaces and tunnels. Because applications that deal with packet transmission and reception (such as packet filters) cannot filter traffic on virtual interfaces, you cannot set up a packet filter on a virtual interface. Instead, you should configure the policy rules to apply to the physical interfaces and tunnels, and if necessary, use the virtual IP addresses themselves as part of the rule configuration. Also, note that the virtual interface cannot be part of an IP multi- pathing (IPMP) group. FILES
/dev/vni 64-bit ELF kernel driver SEE ALSO
ifconfig(1M), in.mpathd(1M), ip(7P), ip6(7P) SunOS 5.10 18 July 2004 vni(7d)