Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: perl time format
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting perl time format Post 302343002 by pritish.sas on Tuesday 11th of August 2009 09:33:58 AM
Old 08-11-2009
perl time format

Hay guys,

I used time::local module. But i can't get my proper answer from this.

I want to extract two time for tomorrow start time and end time. In my code i just hard coded this. But it's not running for every day na. I need to create these time from any function or module.

my $TomStartDate = '2009-08-12 00:00:00';
my $TomEndDate = '2009-08-12 23:59:59';

Thanks in Advance

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Cron time format

Hi, i would like to ask if this cron is valid. 40 3-6,8-23 * * * /my command i want my job to run every hour on the 40th minute except 740am. Is this correct? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: new2ss
1 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

time format..

HI.. I have some files...when doing "ls -l" its like this.. -rwxr-xr-x 1 e2e e2e 747 Aug 30 15:18 abc.txt how can I get the number YYYYMMDD from this...( since I need to compare this number with some other value..) with the help of date/awk/sed/epoch or whatever u... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: clx
1 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

help in time format

how to grep 30 mins from starting time of script let for example,script runs at 02:00am....i want to grep from 01.30 till 02:00 ------------------------------------------------------------------- how to achive this in a k-shell script ? (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: ali560045
3 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Convert Epoch time format to normal date time format in the same file

I have a file named "suspected" with series of line like these : {'protocol': 17, 'service': 'BitTorrent KRPC', 'server': '219.78.120.166', 'client_port': 52044, 'client': '10.64.68.44', 'server_port': 8291, 'time': 1226506312L, 'serverhostname': ''} {'protocol': 17, 'service': 'BitTorrent... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: rk4k
3 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Perl :How to print the o/p of a Perl script on console and redirecting same in log file @ same time.

How can i print the output of a perl script on a unix console and redirect the same in a log file under same directory simultaneously ? Like in Shell script, we use tee, is there anything in Perl or any other option ? (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: butterfly20
2 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

time format

Hello Guys. I have copied the following from the time man pages time -f "%E real,%U user,%S sys" ls -Fs But I am getting -f: command not found Regards (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: fdc2suxs
3 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

perl module to convert xlsx format to xls format

Hi Folks, I have written a perl script that reads data from excel sheet(.xls) using Spreadsheet::ParseExcel module. But the problem is this module doesn't work for excel sheets with extension .xlsx. I have gone through Spreadsheet::XLSX module with which we can read from .xlsx file directly.... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: giridhar276
1 Replies

8. HP-UX

DATE and TIME format help in HP-UX

Hello, I have date format as shown in red color below Fri, Sep 12, 2012 08:38:05 PM Can anyone help me with command to change this format to yyyy-mm-dd and HH:MM:SS Note: Time should be in 24 hours format I really appreciate your help!! Thanks, Elavarasan (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Elavarasan
4 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Calculate Time diff in milli milliseconds(Time format : HH:MM:SS,NNN)

Hi All, I have one file which contains time for request and response. I want to calculate time difference in milliseconds for each line. This file can contain 10K lines. Sample file with 4 lines. for first line. Request Time: 15:23:45,255 Response Time: 15:23:45,258 Time diff... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: Raza Ali
6 Replies
UUID_TIME(3)							    Libuuid API 						      UUID_TIME(3)

NAME
uuid_time - extract the time at which the UUID was created SYNOPSIS
#include <uuid.h> time_t uuid_time(uuid_t uu, struct timeval *ret_tv) DESCRIPTION
The uuid_time function extracts the time at which the supplied time-based UUID uu was created. Note that the UUID creation time is only encoded within certain types of UUIDs. This function can only reasonably expect to extract the creation time for UUIDs created with the uuid_generate_time(3) and uuid_generate_time_safe(3) functions. It may or may not work with UUIDs created by other mechanisms. RETURN VALUES
The time at which the UUID was created, in seconds since January 1, 1970 GMT (the epoch), is returned (see time(2)). The time at which the UUID was created, in seconds and microseconds since the epoch, is also stored in the location pointed to by ret_tv (see gettimeofday(2)). AUTHOR
Theodore Y. Ts'o AVAILABILITY
libuuid is part of the util-linux package since version 2.15.1 and is available from ftp://ftp.kernel.org/pub/linux/utils/util-linux/. SEE ALSO
uuid(3), uuid_clear(3), uuid_compare(3), uuid_copy(3), uuid_generate(3), uuid_is_null(3), uuid_parse(3), uuid_unparse(3) util-linux May 2009 UUID_TIME(3)