Sponsored Content
Operating Systems SCO SCO 6.0-Keys in keyboard function differently Post 302342879 by chssastry on Tuesday 11th of August 2009 02:49:54 AM
Old 08-11-2009
SCO 6.0-Keys in keyboard function differently

Sir
I have HP installed with SCO 6.0. The problems are (1) some keys in board like 'del' 'backspace', 'pageup/dn" do not function and display some special characters on conole. (2) Files transferred from Windows machine invariably contain control Z/M characters. How to resolve these issues.

Kindly help me.
ch s sastry

7 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Linux

How to read keys from USB keyboard on AT91SAM9260

Hi Everyone, I am using 2.6.26.3-olimex kernel(Embedded system) running on AT91SAM9260. I am using a Logitech USB keyboard. It is detected as "/dev/input/event0". I don't know how to detect key press events and read the keys? Why can't I read the keys using scanf() like funtions? ... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: siva4ever
7 Replies

2. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

simulate function keys

hi, is it possible to simulate the function keys in a unix script, like simulating an enter key press. if it is possible can anyone tell me how it is ? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: sais
1 Replies

3. Solaris

Keys on Keyboard stop working

Hello, I hope I put this in the right forum... I searched for similar threads, but I couldn't find any that seem to deal with the problem I am having. My workplace is using (among other Solaris-machines) Dell Dimension T3500 as workstations (running Solaris 10 X86 10/09 u8,... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: areichart
0 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Input keyboard keys upon program launch

Hey guys, first post! I want to write a script that will wait 1 second and then input the keys CTRL+ALT+J to the application i just opened. The program is dosbox, and thay key combination starts video recording :) I have no idea how to program this, can anyone help please? thanks in advance! (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: brunobliss
2 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Problem getting vertical bar with British keyboard layout on US (physical) keyboard

Hi, I've got a bit of a ridiculous problem and wasn't sure where to post it. I need to use the vertical bar for piping in Bash but, as per the title, am using a UK layout on a US (physical) keyboard which doesn't have a key for it in the place I'd expect. I've tried using xbindkeys and Unicode... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: crunchgargoyle
7 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Escape sequence for Function keys - terminfo

Having a doubt on how Function keys are mapped. 1. In my HPUX box my infocmp shows that kf1 (F1 key mapping) is not mapped. But somehow I am able to use an Informix form which requires navigation using F1 keys. vt100-w|vt100-w-am|dec vt100 132 cols (w/advanced video), bce, bw, ccc,... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: clemansy
3 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

While read won't run keyboard function

I am using while read do/ done to retrieve menu item. Works as advertised, no problem. I am using this hack function "pause" to stop script execution and wait for keyboard "enter" key to continue. Sort of break point function. Also works fine with one exception - it does not work when used... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: annacreek
4 Replies
glutSpecialFunc(3GLUT)						       GLUT						    glutSpecialFunc(3GLUT)

NAME
glutSpecialFunc - sets the special keyboard callback for the current window. SYNTAX
void glutSpecialFunc(void (*func)(int key, int x, int y)); ARGUMENTS
func The new special callback function. DESCRIPTION
glutSpecialFunc sets the special keyboard callback for the current window. The special keyboard callback is triggered when keyboard func- tion or directional keys are pressed. The key callback parameter is a GLUT_KEY_* constant for the special key pressed. The x and y callback parameters indicate the mouse in window relative coordinates when the key was pressed. When a new window is created, no special callback is initially registered and special key strokes in the window are ignored. Passing NULL to glutSpecialFunc disables the generation of special callbacks. During a special callback, glutGetModifiers may be called to determine the state of modifier keys when the keystroke generating the call- back occurred. An implementation should do its best to provide ways to generate all the GLUT_KEY_* special keys. The available GLUT_KEY_* values are: GLUT_KEY_F1 F1 function key. GLUT_KEY_F2 F2 function key. GLUT_KEY_F3 F3 function key. GLUT_KEY_F4 F4 function key. GLUT_KEY_F5 F5 function key. GLUT_KEY_F6 F6 function key. GLUT_KEY_F7 F7 function key. GLUT_KEY_F8 F8 function key. GLUT_KEY_F9 F9 function key. GLUT_KEY_F10 F10 function key. GLUT_KEY_F11 F11 function key. GLUT_KEY_F12 F12 function key. GLUT_KEY_LEFT Left directional key. GLUT_KEY_UP Up directional key. GLUT_KEY_RIGHT Right directional key. GLUT_KEY_DOWN Down directional key. GLUT_KEY_PAGE_UP Page up directional key. GLUT_KEY_PAGE_DOWN Page down directional key. GLUT_KEY_HOME Home directional key. GLUT_KEY_END End directional key. GLUT_KEY_INSERT Inset directional key. Note that the escape, backspace, and delete keys are generated as an ASCII character. SEE ALSO
glutSpecialUpFunc, glutKeyboardFunc, glutMouseFunc, glutSpaceballButtonFunc, glutButtonBoxFunc, glutTabletButtonFunc, glutGetModifiers AUTHOR
Mark J. Kilgard (mjk@nvidia.com) GLUT
3.7 glutSpecialFunc(3GLUT)