Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting How to script to find the newer date in a text file? Post 302342739 by boolean2222 on Monday 10th of August 2009 03:15:08 PM
Old 08-10-2009
Awesome, thank you for your help.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Find files newer than...

Is there a way to use the find command to locate files newer than a specific date? Thanks! --Alex (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: vertigo23
4 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Problem with find ! -newer

Hi, I would like to find if a file called test.log is older than 10 min. So i wrote : #!/usr/bin/ksh FICLOG="/home/uuu/result_test.log" FIC="/home/uuu/test.log" touch -t `perl -e 'use POSIX qw(strftime); printf("%s\n",strftime("%m%d%H%M",localtime(time-3600*0.17)));'`... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: dbfree
3 Replies

3. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

find file with date and recursive search for a text

Hey Guyz I have a requirement something like this.. a part of file name, date of modification of that file and a text is entered as input. like Date : 080206 (MMDDYY format.) filename : hotel_rates text : Jim now the file hotel_rates.ZZZ.123 (creation date is Aug 02 2006) should be... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: rosh0623
10 Replies

4. Solaris

To copy the files newer than specific date

Dear all, Can you help me in copying files newer than speciifc date Thanks in advance, Rajesh (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: RAJESHKANNA
3 Replies

5. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

find -cmin or fin -newer

I am running SUSE/8 and SUSE/9 on a high end server (4 CPU, 8G RAM etc) I have a huge directory structure with over 4million files in it. I have find the files that are modified (created, modified, renamed etc etc) in the last 10 minutes periodically. I have tried "find -cmin -10" and "find... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: xxxyyyy
2 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Problems with find's -newer Flag

I am writing a script that looks in a reports directory, copies a specified script to a working folder, copies some data files into the working folder, runs the report, zips the new files, then uploads them. Right now to determine what files to zip (as I don't know how many report files there... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: droppedonjapan
6 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

how to find a file then overwrite with a newer version

This should be a simple script, but can't find one with google search. I just need to find the file that is in many directories, then overwrite that file with a newer version i.e. find file.jar then overwrite with /root/file.jar All I get in searches is substitute text with new test inside... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: haircat
1 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Find files newer than x days

We had an arrant rsync run and started copying over new files from one system to another. Although this is what we will want to do at some point, for now, we want to maintain the system as it was a few days ago. I am looking for a script that will find files that are newer than x days. ... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: Leyva62
5 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need a unix script to convert date into Julian format in a text file

The 6th & 7th column of the text files represents date & time. I need this to be converted in julian format using command "date +%s -d <date>". I know the command, but dont know how to use it on the script 0 dbclstr-b IXT_Web Memphis_Prod_SQL_Full Memphis-Prod-SQL-Full-Application-Backup... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: ajiwww
4 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Perl script, replace file with newer file

Hello, Can you please help me one this: I have two servers: Server A and server B. Every day on 03.00AM in only one on these two servers (randomly)is generated one file, lets say file.txt. I want to copy this file also to the other server. I want to create a perl script that does... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: arrals_vl
2 Replies
GSIMPLECAL(1)						      General Commands Manual						     GSIMPLECAL(1)

NAME
gsimplecal - lightweight calendar applet SYNOPSIS
gsimplecal [-h|--help|-v|--version|next_month|prev_month] DESCRIPTION
This manual page documents the usage of the gsimplecal command. gsimplecal is a lightweight calendar applet. When it is started, it first shows up, when you run it again, it closes the running instance. It was intentionally made for use with tint2 panel to be launched upon clock click, but of course it will work without it, you can bind it to some hotkey in you window manager, for example. Also, you may configure gsimplecal to display different world timezones clocks. See the CONFIGURATION section to get to know how to. COMMANDS AND OPTIONS
-v, --version Print the program name and version to stdout, then exit with code 0. -h, --help Print the short usage help to stderr, then exit with error code 2. prev_month, next_month If the program is not running, simply run it. If the program is running, change currently displayed month. If no options and commands are given, the program is toggled, i.e. if it is running it stops, otherwise it starts. CONFIGURATION
To configure the application you should manually create the file $XDG_CONFIG_HOME/gsimplecal/config (usually it will be ~/.config/gsimplecal/config) with contents like this: show_calendar = 1 show_timezones = 1 mark_today = 1 show_week_numbers = 0 close_on_unfocus = 0 external_viewer = sunbird -showdate "%Y-%m-%d" clock_format = %a %d %b %H:%M mainwindow_decorated = 0 mainwindow_keep_above = 1 mainwindow_sticky = 0 mainwindow_skip_taskbar = 1 mainwindow_resizable = 0 mainwindow_position = none mainwindow_xoffset = 0 mainwindow_yoffset = 0 clock_label = UTC clock_tz = :UTC clock_label = Local clock_tz = The options are pretty self explanatory, but here is detailed description: show_calendar: 1 or 0, defaults to 1. Sets whether the calendar should be shown. Most users want this option to be 1. show_timezones: 1 or 0, defaults to 0. Sets whether the different timezone clocks should be shown. mark_today: 1 or 0, defaults to 1. Sets whether today's date will be marked in the calendar (besides the default selection, i.e. when you click on the other day, today will remain marked somehow, e.g. in bold print). show_week_numbers: 1 or 0, defaults to 0. Sets whether week numbers are shown in the calendar. close_on_unfocus: 1 or 0, defaults to 0. Sets whether the calendar will close if the window loses focus. Note that if mainwindow_skip_taskbar is set to 1 then the calendar window may not be given focus upon creation external_viewer: string, defaults to empty string. Command line to run when doubleclicking a date. This string is strftime'd (see man strftime for the possible substitutions) and passed to the shell. Thus you can use pipes, redirections, and whatever, I hope. Currently the shell is hardcoded to /bin/sh though. I hope that will do for all the users, but if you've got a trouble, please file a ticket (see REPORTING BUGS). clock_format: string Sets the clocks format. Look man strftime for the possible formats. mainwindow_decorated: 1 or 0, defaults to 0. Tells your window manager to decorate or not to decorate the main window. mainwindow_keep_above: 1 or 0, defaults to 1. Sets whether the main window should be placed on top of other windows by your window manager. mainwindow_sticky: 1 or 0, defaults to 0. Tells your window manager to show gsimplecal on all desktops. mainwindow_skip_taskbar: 1 or 0, defaults to 1. Sets whether the main window should be shown in the task list by your panel or window manager. mainwindow_resizable: 1 or 0, defaults to 1. Sets whether your window manager should allow the main window to be resized. If you are using a tiling window manager which supports floating windows, setting this options to 0 will most likely tell your WM not to tile the window. (Tested with XMonad and Awesome). mainwindow_position: mouse|center|none, defaults to mouse. Tells your window manager where to place the gsimplecal window: mouse close to the mouse cursor position (this one is useful when you bind gsimplecal on some mouse click command); center in the center of the screen; none it's up to your window manager to decide, where to place the window (this one is useful when you bind gsimplecal invocation on some hotkey, so you can configure your window manager to place gsimplecal in some predefined position). mainwindow_xoffset and mainwindow_yoffset: integer, default to 0. Allow for main window position fine tuning. Throw an integer at these, and it'll move the window by that number of pixels. clock_label and clock_tz: string These two options should go in pairs and must be in the order given. Each pair creates new clock. The clock_label variable sets the string to be displayed near the clock, the clock_tz sets the timezone. If you omit the value for clock_tz, local time will be shown. For a list of timezones see man timezone, or ls /usr/share/zoneinfo KEYBOARD ACCELERATORS
You may use the following keyboard accelerators while gsimplecal window has a focus: Escape, Ctrl+w, Ctrl+q: close the window j: switch to the next month k: switch to the previous month J: jump one year forward K: jump one year backward g, Home: jump to the current date These are not yet configurable, but I'm working on it. REPORTING BUGS
Please, report any issues to the gsimplecal issue tracker, available at: https://github.com/dmedvinsky/gsimplecal/issues AUTHOR
Created by Dmitry Medvinsky et al. SEE ALSO
tzset(3), strftime(3) 2012-03-26 GSIMPLECAL(1)