Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Remove specific content in a file Post 302342724 by k9cheung on Monday 10th of August 2009 02:09:22 PM
Old 08-10-2009
Tools Remove specific content in a file

Hi, I have a file called fl_list consists of files i have to archive. I want to create a exception parm called except_parm, so if it finds the directory it will not archive these files and remove from fl_list.

$ cat fl_list
/apps/dev/ihub/ready/IA003B/IA003B_Deal_Header_yyyymmdd_hhmmss.txt
/apps/dev/ihub/ready/IA003B/IA003B_DEALROOT_DELTAS_yyyymmdd_hhmmss.txt
/apps/dev/ihub/ready/IA003C_DEAL_PRODUCT_UPDATES.txt
/apps/dev/ihub/ready/IA003C/IA003C_DUP_DELETE_KEYS_yyyymmdd_hhmmdd.txt
/apps/dev/ihub/ready/IA003C/IA003C_FINAL_FILE_yyyymmdd_hhmmss.txt
/apps/dev/ihub/ready/IA003E/IA003E_FINAL_FILE_yyyymmdd_hhmmss.txt
/apps/dev/ihub/ready/IA003E/IA003E_PRODUCT_STORE_LIST_UPDATES.txt
/apps/dev/ihub/ready/IA003F/testsource.txt
/apps/dev/ihub/ready/IA003D/IA003D_DEAL_PRODUCT_COMMENTS_20090416_111111.txt
/apps/dev/ihub/ready/IA003D/IA003D_DEAL_PRODUCT_COMMENTS_20090423_111111.txt
/apps/dev/ihub/ready/IA003D/IA003D_DEAL_PRODUCT_COMMENTS_20090423_111112.txt
/apps/dev/ihub/ready/IA003D/IA003D_DEAL_PRODUCT_COMMENTS_WHOLE_TABLE_20090601_111111.txt
/apps/dev/ihub/ready/IA003D/IA003D_DEAL_PRODUCT_COMMENTS_TIMESTAMP.txt
/apps/dev/ihub/ready/IA003D/IA003D_DEAL_PRODUCT_COMMENTS_TIMESTAMP_20090601_111111.txt
/apps/dev/ihub/ready/IA010/IA010_source_test.txt

$ cat except_parm
IA010
IA003F

Thank you!

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Remove content from file

hey all, I have a file with records in following format 8-29-2006 13:01:45|ABC|45 8-29-2006 14:23:12|DEF|21 8-30-2006 00:04:57|ABC|34 I want to remove all yesterday records. Can anyone show me how? Thanks! (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: mpang_
10 Replies

2. AIX

find for specific content in file in the directory and list only file names

Hi, I am trying to find the content of file using grep and find command and list only the file names but i am getting entire file list of files in the directory find . -exec grep "test" {} \; -ls Can anyone of you correct this (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: madhu_Jagarapu
2 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Extract specific content from a file

My input file: >sequence_1 ASSSSSSSSSSSDDDDDDDDDDDCCCCCCC ASDSFDFFDFDFFWERERERERFSDFESFSFD >sequence_2 ASDFDFDFFDDFFDFDSFDSFDFSDFSDFDSFASDSADSADASD ASDFFDFDFASFASFASFAFSFFSDASFASFASFAFS >sequence_3 VEDFGSDGSDGSDGSDGSDGSDGSDG dDFSDFSDFSDFSDFSDFSDFSDFSDF SDGFDGSFDGSGSDGSDGSDGSDGSDG My... (22 Replies)
Discussion started by: patrick87
22 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Remove specific pattern header and its content problem facing

Input file: >TRACK: Position: 1 TYPE: 1 Pos: SVAVPQRHHPGGTVFREPIIIPAIPRLVPGWNKPIIIGRHAFGDQYRATDRVIPGPGKLE LVYTPVNGEPETVKVYDFQGGGIAQTQYNTDESIRGFAHASFQMALLKGLPLYMSTKNTI LKRYDGRFKDIFQEIYESTYQKDFEAKNLWYEHRLIDDMVAQMIKSEGGFVMALKNYDGD >TRACK: Position: 1 TYPE: 2 Pos: FAHASFQMALLKGLPLYMS... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: patrick87
8 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Edit file content at the specific line.

How to edit file content at the specific line? For example at below The things to edit --> This is line 2. And it is below line 1. This is line 1. This is line 2. # i want to append some words at this row line. How? This is line 3. (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: alvin0618
8 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

want to print the file content from the specific line

Hi All, I would like to print the content from the specific line of a file . For example... i have file abc.txt which has 100 lines of code ,from this file i would like to print the content from 20,19,18th line......like that Regards Srikanth (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: srikanthg
4 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

split file content into specific folders

Hi I have a large text file and I want to split its content into multiple flies. this large file contains several blocks of codes separated by a comment line for each block. this comment line represents a directory path So, when separate these blocks each into a separate file, This output... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: turki_00
7 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Extracting content from a file in specific format

Hi All, I have the file in this format **** Results Data **** Time or Step 1 2 20 0.000000000e+00 0s 0s 0s 1.024000000e+00 Us 0s 0s 1.100000000e+00 1s 0s 0s 1.100000001e+00 1s 0s 1s 2.024000000e+00 Us Us 1s 2.024000001e+00 ... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: diehard
7 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to remove content present in between specific pattern ?

Hi, I have a file with following pattern. We are looking to filter out only specific content from this file. sample BLAdmins Server.* LinuxAdmins Server.* Policy Name: Recommended Default ACL Policy Everyone ACLPushJob.Read Everyone ACLTemplate.Read Everyone ... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: Litu19
9 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to remove exisiting file content from a file and have to append new file content?

hi all, i had the below script x=`cat input.txt |wc -1` awk 'NR>1 && NR<'$x' ' input.txt > output.txt by using above script i am able to remove the head and tail part from the input file and able to append the output to the output.txt but if i run it for second time the output is... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: hemanthsaikumar
2 Replies
unix2dos(1)						      General Commands Manual						       unix2dos(1)

NAME
unix2dos - UNIX to DOS text file format converter SYNOPSYS
unix2dos [options] [-c convmode] [-o file ...] [-n infile outfile ...] Options: [-hkqV] [--help] [--keepdate] [--quiet] [--version] DESCRIPTION
This manual page documents unix2dos, the program that converts text files in UNIX format to DOS format. OPTIONS
The following options are available: -h --help Print online help. -k --keepdate Keep the date stamp of output file same as input file. -q --quiet Quiet mode. Suppress all warning and messages. -V --version Prints version information. -c --convmode convmode Sets conversion mode. Simulates unix2dos under SunOS. -o --oldfile file ... Old file mode. Convert the file and write output to it. The program default to run in this mode. Wildcard names may be used. -n --newfile infile outfile ... New file mode. Convert the infile and write output to outfile. File names must be given in pairs and wildcard names should NOT be used or you WILL lost your files. EXAMPLES
Get input from stdin and write output to stdout. unix2dos Convert and replace a.txt. Convert and replace b.txt. unix2dos a.txt b.txt unix2dos -o a.txt b.txt Convert and replace a.txt in ASCII conversion mode. Convert and replace b.txt in ISO conversion mode. unix2dos a.txt -c iso b.txt unix2dos -c ascii a.txt -c iso b.txt Convert and replace a.txt while keeping original date stamp. unix2dos -k a.txt unix2dos -k -o a.txt Convert a.txt and write to e.txt. unix2dos -n a.txt e.txt Convert a.txt and write to e.txt, keep date stamp of e.txt same as a.txt. unix2dos -k -n a.txt e.txt Convert and replace a.txt. Convert b.txt and write to e.txt. unix2dos a.txt -n b.txt e.txt unix2dos -o a.txt -n b.txt e.txt Convert c.txt and write to e.txt. Convert and replace a.txt. Convert and replace b.txt. Convert d.txt and write to f.txt. unix2dos -n c.txt e.txt -o a.txt b.txt -n d.txt f.txt DIAGNOSTICS
BUGS
The program does not work properly under MSDOS in stdio processing mode. If you know why is that so, please tell me. AUTHOR
Benjamin Lin - ( blin@socs.uts.edu.au ) MISCELLANY
Tested environment: Linux 1.2.0 with GNU C 2.5.8 SunOS 4.1.3 with GNU C 2.6.3 MS-DOS 6.20 with Borland C++ 4.02 Suggestions and bug reports are welcome. SEE ALSO
dos2unix(1) 1995.03.31 unix2dos v2.2 unix2dos(1)