Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting PERL: Replace multiple objects within a string Post 302342627 by durden_tyler on Monday 10th of August 2009 10:39:31 AM
Old 08-10-2009
Code:
$
$ echo "hello %%title%% %%user%% from %%address%% you last %%action%% on %%object%%" |
> perl -ne '@x=split /%%/;
>           ($x[1],$x[3],$x[5],$x[7],$x[9])=("TITLE","USER","ADDRESS","ACTION","OBJECT");
>           print "@x"'
hello  TITLE   USER  from  ADDRESS  you last  ACTION  on  OBJECT
$

tyler_durden

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How to replace a string in multiple textfiles?

Hello I'm trying to replace a string in multiple text files using the tcsh shell. For example I've got some files called test1 test2 test3 etc. Each of them contains "Hello World". Now I want to replace each "Hello" with "Howdy" using sed and a foreach loop. I tried the following but it... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: dwidmer
1 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Find and replace a string in multiple files

I used the following script cd pathname for y in `ls *`; do sed "s/ABCD/DCBA/g" $y > temp; mv temp $y; done and it worked fine for finding and replacing strings with names etc. in all files of the given path. I'm trying to replace a string which consists of path (location of file) ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: pharos467
2 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Find & Replace string in multiple files & folders using perl

find . -type f -name "*.sql" -print|xargs perl -i -pe 's/pattern/replaced/g' this is simple logic to find and replace in multiple files & folders Hope this helps. Thanks Zaheer (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Zaheer.mic
0 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to replace string in perl?

Hi, I have string like this: $query="#1,apple"; $string=$query; I want to replace #1 with fruit. I tried like this: string=~s/#\d+/$query/ig; print "\n string: $string\n"; It is working only when there is single #1 or #2 but when i give like #1,#2,#3,apple the above code... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: vanitham
2 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

String search and replace in multiple files.

Hello. I have five config files in /etc that I want to edit in one click for testing. I would like to make a script like this : #!/bin/bash # a_file="/etc/file_1" src_str="src_string_1" rpl_str="rpl_string_1" calling_sed_or_awk_or_whatelse $a_file search_for_all $src_str replace_with... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: jcdole
4 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

replace (sed?) a single line/string in file with multiple lines (string) from another file??

Can someone tell me how I can do this? e.g: Say file1.txt contains: today is monday the 22 of NOVEMBER 2010 and file2.txt contains: the 11th month of How do i replace the word NOVEMBER with (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: tuathan
5 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

replace (sed?) a string in file with multiple lines (string) from variable

Can someone tell me how I can do this? e.g: a=$(echo -e wert trewt ertert ertert ertert erttert erterte rterter tertertert ert) How do i replace the STRING with $a? I try this: sed -i 's/STRING/'"$a"'/g' filename.ext but this don' t work (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: jforce
2 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

replace string in multiple files

Hi, I'm new to Unix. My understanding of Unix and its command is very limited. I have about 1000 text files that have a word in it that I need to replace with a different word. e.g. a.txt has 1 line of txt: monday, tuesday, wednesday b.txt has 1 line of txt: monday, tuesday,... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: millsy5
5 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Script to find & replace a multiple lines string across multiple php files and subdirectories

Hey guys. I know pratically 0 about Linux, so could anyone please give me instructions on how to accomplish this ? The distro is RedHat 4.1.2 and i need to find and replace a multiple lines string in several php files across subdirectories. So lets say im at root/dir1/dir2/ , when i execute... (12 Replies)
Discussion started by: spfc_dmt
12 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Replace a string with multiple lines

Hello Guys, I need to replace a string with multiple lines. For eg:- ABC,DEF,GHI,JKL,MNO,PQR,STU need to convert the above as below:- ABC,DEF, GHI1 GHI2 GHI3, JKL,MNO, PQR1 PQR2 PQR3, STU i have tried using code as:- (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: jassi10781
2 Replies
UDHCPD.CONF(5)						 GNU/Linux Administrator's Manual					    UDHCPD.CONF(5)

NAME
udhcpd.conf - udhcp server configuration file DESCRIPTION
The file /etc/udhcpd.conf contains configuration information specific to the udhcp server. It should contain one configuration keyword per line, followed by appropriate configuration information. OPTIONS
start ADDRESS The starting address of the IP lease block is ADDRESS. The default is 192.168.0.20. end ADDRESS The ending address of the IP lease block is ADDRESS. The default is 192.168.0.254. interface INTERFACE The udhcp server should listen on INTERFACE. The default is eth0. max_leases LEASES Offer at most LEASES leases (including those reserved by OFFERs, DECLINEs, and ARP conflicts). The default is 254. remaining REMAINING If REMAINING is yes, store the time remaining for each lease. If it is no, store the expiration time for each lease. The default is yes. auto_time SECONDS Write the lease information to a file every SECONDS seconds. The default is 7200. decline_time SECONDS Reserve an IP for SECONDS seconds if a DHCP decline message is received. The default is 3600. conflict_time SECONDS Reserve an IP for SECONDS seconds if an ARP conflict occurs. The default is 3600. offer_time SECONDS Reserve an IP for SECONDS seconds if it is offered. The default is 60. min_lease SECONDS Reserve an IP for the full lease time if the lease to be given is less than SECONDS seconds. The default is 60. lease_file FILE Write the lease information to FILE. The default is /var/lib/misc/udhcpd.leases. pidfile FILE Write the process ID to FILE. The default is /var/run/udhcpd.pid. notify_file FILE Execute FILE after the lease information is written. By default, no file is executed. siaddr ADDRESS BOOTP specific option. The default is 0.0.0.0. sname NAME BOOTP specific option. There is no default. boot_file FILE BOOTP specific option. There is no default. option OPTION DHCP specific option. subnet ADDRESS timezone OFFSET router ADDRESS... timesvr ADDRESS... namesvr ADDRESS... dns ADDRESS... logsvr ADDRESS... cookiesvr ADDRESS... lprsvr ADDRESS... hostname HOSTNAME bootsize SIZE domain DOMAIN swapsvr ADDRESS rootpath PATH ipttl TTL mtu MTU broadcast ADDRESS ntpsrv ADDRESS... wins ADDRESS... requestip ADDRESS lease SECONDS dhcptype TYPE serverid ADDRESS tftp FILE bootfile FILE The default for lease is 864000. There are no defaults for the other options. SEE ALSO
udhcpd(8). GNU
/Linux 2001-09-26 UDHCPD.CONF(5)