Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users Find the process was run using nohup or ksh. Post 302342621 by methyl on Monday 10th of August 2009 10:33:38 AM
Old 08-10-2009
See "man test".
We are asking if channel 1 is associated with a terminal. If it is not, then we are in background.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

nohup process hangs

Hi All, I tried searching for this, but I have yet to find anything useful. So here goes, if a script executed from another script with nohup & hangs, does it affect the parent script? Reason I ask, we have a windows box with NFS, and we use it to store some of our files. Currently, I mount the... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Sully
2 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Is there a way to make this find job run as one process, more efficiently?

Hi, unixers, I'm doing something like find -type f -name '*.gif' | xargs rm & find -type f -user root | xargs chown idealo & wait #do more stuff on a very large dir. I'm thinking this would be more efficient if it was running as a single process that did one thing for the first condition,... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: tphyahoo
1 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

pid of nohup process

I want to print the pid of a nohup process to a file so later I can use the list of pid's in that file to stop the background processes again. I use ksh on AIXv5.3: nohup /start/script.ksh 1>/dev/null 2>&1 print $$ > .pid nohup /start/script2.ksh 1>/dev/null 2>&1 print $$ >> .pid But... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: rein
2 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

stoped job using ctrl+z now want to run in nohup

once i have stoped process by ctrl+z then i want to run it again in nohup plz help me out. (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: RahulJoshi
6 Replies

5. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

nohup and background process

What is the difference between running a process using nohup and running a process in background ? Please explain (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: srksn
6 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

find pid of process run in specific location

Hello, I have a process a.out that runs from /a and /b How can I get the pid of the one running from /a ps -C /a/a.out does not work Thanks! (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: JCR
4 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Run process with nohup every certain time

Hi, I need execute a script every 30 minutes. As might be done without using cron Thx. (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: pepeli30
6 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

can a nohup'ed ksh script interact with user

I have a long running ksh script that I need to run with "nohup" in the backgound which is all well and good but at the very start of the script it needes to output to the screen to query the user and accept a response before continuing. Any thoughts on how to accomplish this other than... (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: twk
11 Replies

9. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Running process in nohup

Hi All, I am facing issue in running a process in nohup. I ran a process in terminal since it is taking too long to complete I need to make it as background and nohup. I tried below and was able to make it in back ground 1. Cntrl + Z 2. bg I am using Korn Shell so disown is not working... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: arunkumar_mca
5 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

ksh behavior in scripts spawned w/nohup

I have a need to run any number of identical scripts simultaneously, so I've created a driver script which reads a template script, edits these appropriately and then submits them via nohup. The spawned scripts all check to see at some point how many of their number are running and once the count... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: safedba
7 Replies
set_color(1)                                                           fish                                                           set_color(1)

NAME
set_color - set_color - set the terminal color set_color - set the terminal color Synopsis set_color [-v --version] [-h --help] [-b --background COLOR] [COLOR] Description Change the foreground and/or background color of the terminal. COLOR is one of black, red, green, brown, yellow, blue, magenta, purple, cyan, white and normal. o -b, --background Set the background color o -c, --print-colors Prints a list of all valid color names o -h, --help Display help message and exit o -o, --bold Set bold or extra bright mode o -u, --underline Set underlined mode o -v, --version Display version and exit Calling set_color normal will set the terminal color to whatever is the default color of the terminal. Some terminals use the --bold escape sequence to switch to a brighter color set. On such terminals, set_color white will result in a grey font color, while set_color --bold white will result in a white font color. Not all terminal emulators support all these features. This is not a bug in set_color but a missing feature in the terminal emulator. set_color uses the terminfo database to look up how to change terminal colors on whatever terminal is in use. Some systems have old and incomplete terminfo databases, and may lack color information for terminals that support it. Download and install the latest version of ncurses and recompile fish against it in order to fix this issue. Version 1.23.1 Sun Jan 8 2012 set_color(1)