Sponsored Content
Operating Systems HP-UX ENOENT error occurs while issueing execlp command Post 302342601 by jim mcnamara on Monday 10th of August 2009 09:55:16 AM
Old 08-10-2009
ENOENT means one of:
1. the file does not exist in the path you specify
2. one of the components of the path you specify does not exist

I would consider NOT using a relative path to dlim like you just did. Create a full file specification -- /my/directory/delim

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Programming

execvp and execlp?

Hi mates, Is there any difference between execvp and execlp? any comment will be appreciated. abdul:) (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: abdul
1 Replies

2. HP-UX

error occurs while some users login

hi all, i have a problem that while some of the users trying to login the following error occurs and the session is automatically closed. ssl error: RAND_status reported there wasn't enough randomness for the PRNG. ssl error: You need to specify RandomFile or EGDFile to obtain the randomness.... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: rrlog
0 Replies

3. Programming

execlp to sort

Hi, I have a very small program where I call execlp() to execute sort. Everything works fine. But sort has a -T option which can be used to specify a temporary directory. Now when I use -T with execlp() it does not work. #include <stdio.h> #include <stdlib.h> #include <string.h> #include... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: the_learner
4 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Exiting from script when error occurs

Hi Friends, Is it possible to exit nicely(ie, to echo a message with the error occurred) from a shell script(quiet a big one :)) once it encounter an error in between the lines? For example, in my script I am calling the command mkdir and sometimes (when the directory already exists) it... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Sreejith_VK
4 Replies

5. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

stty: error occurs when installing rpm

Hello All, when I install rpm rpm --install rpm packagename I got the following errors stty:standard input:invalid argument stty:standard input:invalid argument I dont know what i have to do exactly. I search on google for the same but not a particular standard solution is given... (17 Replies)
Discussion started by: amitpansuria
17 Replies

6. AIX

AIX 5.3: access existing file gives ENOENT

I ran truss on a running java program, and noticed that the access system call was returning "Err#2 ENOENT" for existing files, files that were succesfully "accessed" earlier in the same program, and later on. Is there any reasonable explanation for this behaviour? In the truss... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: ghp
4 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How it work?? the execlp

int main () { int p=1; while (p>0) p=fork(); execlp("prog",prog",Null); return 0; } and thanks :b: (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: foufo07
1 Replies

8. Programming

How use exec, execlp, ....

Hello, I need to do a function in ansi c for linux that work like command cp.I try with this but doesn't work: int copy (char *src, char *dst) { ret = execlp("/bin/cp", "cp", "/home/linux/working", (char*)src,(char*)dst) return 0; } The copy function must do the next "cp origein.txt... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: NewBe
2 Replies

9. Programming

Problem with fork() and execlp process

Hello everyone, this is my first post. I have a task to use a fork to create multiple processes and then use execlp to run another program to add 2 numbers. The problem I am having is we are supposed to use the exit() call in the execlp to return the small integer. This is a bad way to... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Johnathan_1017
3 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

sed command to replace one value which occurs multiple times

Hi, My Input File : "MN.1.2.1.2.14.1.1" := "MN_13_TM_4" ( 000000110110100100110001111110110110101110101001100111110100011010110111001 ) "MOS.1.2.1.2.13.6.2" := "MOS_13_TM_4" ( 000000110110100100110001111110110110101110101001100111110100011010110111001 ) Like above template,I have... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Preeti Chandra
4 Replies
DPNS_MKDIR(3)						      DPNS Library Functions						     DPNS_MKDIR(3)

NAME
dpns_mkdir - create a new DPNS directory in the name server SYNOPSIS
#include <sys/types.h> #include "dpns_api.h" int dpns_mkdir (const char *path, mode_t mode) DESCRIPTION
dpns_mkdir creates a new DPNS directory in the name server. An entry is created in the name server database and the directory's owner ID is set to the effective user ID of the requestor. The group ID of the directory is set to the effective group ID of the requestor or is taken from the parent directory if the latter has the S_ISGID bit set. The access permission bits for the directory are taken from mode, then all bits set in the requestor's file mode creation mask are cleared (see dpns_umask(3)). The S_ISGID, S_ISUID and S_ISVTX bits are silently cleared. path specifies the logical pathname relative to the current DPNS directory or the full DPNS pathname. RETURN VALUE
This routine returns 0 if the operation was successful or -1 if the operation failed. In the latter case, serrno is set appropriately. ERRORS
ENOENT A component of path prefix does not exist or path is a null pathname. EACCES Search permission is denied on a component of the path prefix or write permission on the parent directory is denied. EFAULT path is a NULL pointer. EEXIST path exists already. ENOTDIR A component of path prefix is not a directory. ENOSPC The name server database is full. ENAMETOOLONG The length of path exceeds CA_MAXPATHLEN or the length of a path component exceeds CA_MAXNAMELEN. SENOSHOST Host unknown. SENOSSERV Service unknown. SECOMERR Communication error. ENSNACT Name server is not running or is being shutdown. SEE ALSO
Castor_limits(4), dpns_chdir(3), dpns_chmod(3), dpns_umask(3) AUTHOR
LCG Grid Deployment Team DPNS
$Date: 2001/10/04 12:12:45 $ DPNS_MKDIR(3)