Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Solaris IPMP/HA: most common configuration Post 302342576 by gxmsgx on Monday 10th of August 2009 09:10:04 AM
Old 08-10-2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by DukeNuke2
this depends on the service and the requirements
ok ...but to generalize and simplify a lot, is correct to say:

for HA failover services: active[+test address] - standby
for HA scalable services: active[+test address] - active[+test address]

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Solaris

Ipmp

Hi All, Kindly help me in configuring IPMP or guid me to some link, tried goggling however no luck. Thanks in anticipation (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: kumarmani
1 Replies

2. Solaris

IPMP questions

Probe-based IPMP active - active Probe-based IPMP active - passive Link-based only active -standby ???? What are differences between Probe-based IPMP active - passive anddd Link-based only active -standby ???!!! For example in active active probe-based IPMP there are lets... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: samar
6 Replies

3. Solaris

IPMP configuration and detach problem

Hi, I've a problem when try to detach nic e1000g1. IPMP configuration: # ifconfig -a ...cut... e1000g1: flags=1000842<BROADCAST,RUNNING,MULTICAST,IPv4> mtu 1500 index 7 inet 0.0.0.0 netmask 0 ether 0:c:29:67:16:ef e1000g2: flags=1000842<BROADCAST,RUNNING,MULTICAST,IPv4>... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: gxmsgx
3 Replies

4. Solaris

IPMP Configuration

Hi all, Currently i got a server which had two interface. I had study the <SystemAdministration Guide: IP> but still donno what is the correct step to configure it. Can u all help me on it? thanks # ifconfig -a lo0: flags=2001000849<UP,LOOPBACK,RUNNING,MULTICAST,IPv4,VIRTUAL> mtu 8232 index... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: SmartAntz
6 Replies

5. Solaris

IPMP Configuration

Dear All, I have configured IPMP in one of my SUN machine which is having solros 9 version. I have updated all files like /etc/hosts,/etc/hostname.ce0 and /etc/hostname.ce1 and rebooted the server. But IP's are not mounted which i have given in /etc/hosts file. Please find the below ifconfig... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: lbreddy
6 Replies

6. Solaris

ipmp testing

Please tell me how to configure IPMP in vmware what is the basic working concept of IPMP. please help me (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: sijocg
1 Replies

7. Solaris

IPMP active-standby configuration

Hi All, Need your help to explaining why when i configure 2 interface IPMP active-standby appear, INACTIVE and DEPRECATED parameter, detail screen shoot as below : root@machine01 # ifconfig -a e1000g0: flags=1000843<UP,BROADCAST,RUNNING,MULTICAST,IPv4> mtu 1500 index 7 inet... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: Wong_Cilacap
6 Replies

8. Filesystems, Disks and Memory

Backup Sun StorageTek Common Array Manager's configuration

In Sun manuals, I didn't find how to backup Sun StorageTek Common Array Manager's configuration. Is there a way to do it like backing up Brocade switch configuration? CAM is under Solaris 10. Thank you in advance! (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: aixlover
0 Replies

9. Solaris

Solaris IPMP

Can any one please explain me the concept behind IPMP in solaris clustering.Basic explanation would be really appreciated... Thanks in Advance vks (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: vks47
2 Replies

10. Solaris

IPMP Configuration Question/Problem

Hi, I have two physical interface connected to solaris box. 1. e1000g1 2. e1000g2 I have added these interfaced under a same IPMP group "IPMP1" After that I have configured a test address for e1000g1 like below ifconfig e1000g1 addif <ip-address> netmask + broadcast + -failover... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: praveensharma21
1 Replies
RADZAP(1)							 FreeRadius Daemon							 RADZAP(1)

NAME
radzap - remove rogue entries from the active sessions database SYNOPSIS
radzap [-d raddb_directory] [-h] [-N nas_ip_address] [-P nas_port] [-u user] [-U user] [-x] server[:port] secret DESCRIPTION
The FreeRadius server can be configured to maintain an active session database in a file called radutmp. Commands like radwho(1) use this database. Sometimes that database can get out of sync, and then it might contain rogue entries. radzap can clean up this database. As of FreeRADIUS 1.1.0, radzap is a simple shell-script wrapper around radwho(1) and radclient(1). The sessions are "zapped" by sending an Accounting-Request packet which contains the information necessary for the server to delete the session record. radzap sends a packet to the server, rather than writing to radutmp directly, because session records may also be main- tained in SQL. OPTIONS
-d raddb_directory The directory that contains the RADIUS configuration files. radzap reads radiusd.conf to determine the location of the radutmp file. -h Print usage help information. -N nas_ip_address Zap the entries which match the given NAS IP address. -P nas_port Zap the entries which match the given NAS port. -u user Zap the entries which match the given username (case insensitive). -U user Zap the entries which match the given username (case sensitive). -x Enable debugging output. server[:port] The hostname or IP address of the remote server. Optionally a UDP port can be specified. If no UDP port is specified, it is looked up in /etc/services. The service name looked for is radacct for accounting packets, and radius for all other requests. If a service is not found in /etc/services, 1813 and 1812 are used respectively. secret The shared secret for this client. It needs to be defined on the radius server side too, for the IP address you are sending the radius packets from. SEE ALSO
radwho(1), radclient(1), radiusd(8), radiusd.conf(5). AUTHOR
Alan DeKok <aland@ox.org> 8 April 2005 RADZAP(1)