Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Solaris Want to know about a entry in syslog.conf Post 302342521 by kumarmani on Monday 10th of August 2009 05:51:28 AM
Old 08-10-2009
Ideally it should be on the sever destserver in the /var/adm/message, in the log lookout for hostname of the system which is throwing the log.

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Red Hat

syslog.conf

Hi all I have a RedHat Linux AS2.1 server that keep crashing/rebooting and there are no messages in the /var/log/messages file pointing to any problems. I had a look at the /etc/syslog.conf file to see what gets logged to /var/log/messages, but I don't know what else to add. Can anyone tell me... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: soliberus
1 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

delete dhcp.conf entry using sed

I am trying to use sed to remove entries from my dhcpd.conf file. The form of the file is: host foo { option 1 option 2 } host bar { option 1 option 2 } I was trying to use a label like: sed -e :a -e "s/^host bar {*//g;/{/N;//ba" /etc/dhcpd.conf... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: tizatron
2 Replies

3. Linux

SYSLOG.CONF another port

Hi everybody, i have a little problem... I have two server srv01 and srv02. srv02 have a syslogd server onboard and listen on 515... not on 514 (it's busy). How i configure the syslog.conf of srv01 for send logs on srv02:515 ??? Now i have on srv01: *.* @srv02 if i write: *.* ... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Zio Bill
0 Replies

4. Solaris

syslog-ng.conf

Has anyone here configured a central syslog server using syslog-ng ? I have set one up and I'm trying to tune the syslog-ng.conf file, both for the server and the client. I have found lots of linux example files, but not much on Solaris which is slightly different. So if you have a Solaris... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: Tornado
5 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Help confiuring syslog.conf

Hi, We had a hardware problem at work and none of the kernel problems outputted to the log file, just the screen. How can I configure the syslogd.conf file to record kernel events (ie hardware problems) to /dev/console and/var/log/messages. Can I just put: /dev/console /var/log/messages on... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: mojoman
5 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Conf file entry.

Hi, Lets say I have a script which reads a conf file (say MASTERFILE) line by line to fetch file_name, source_path, dest_path. But currently, here the file name are static for eg: ABC.txt or XYZ.txt. So i have hard-coded in the conf file. So what happens that the script picks up the file_name... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: amit.mathur08
1 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

syslog.conf

How can i configure messages with warn priority to be logged in /var/log/mywarnings.log ? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: g0dlik3
1 Replies

8. Solaris

best configuration for syslog.conf

I would like to configure the syslog.conf to have a good monitoring information about my system. do you have any idea about best configuration from your experience in your Data Centers BR, (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: maxim42
5 Replies

9. Solaris

Which are the available entries to forward syslog in syslog.conf?

Hi Community Which are the available entries to forward syslog in syslog.conf i have put *.err;kern.debug;daemon.notice;mail.crit;user.alert;user.emerg;kern.notice;auth.notice;kern.warning @172.16.200.50 and it's not going through.giving error message like below: syslogd:... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: bentech4u
2 Replies
mdbFontEncoding(5)						 The m17n Library						mdbFontEncoding(5)

NAME
mdbFontEncoding - Font Encoding DESCRIPTION
The m17n library loads information about the encoding of each font form the m17n database by the tags <font, encoding>. The data is loaded as a plist of this format. FONT-ENCODING ::= PER-FONT * PER-FONT ::= '(' FONT-SPEC ENCODING [ REPERTORY ] ')' FONT-SPEC ::= '(' [ FOUNDRY FAMILY [ WEIGHT [ STYLE [ STRETCH [ ADSTYLE ]]]]] REGISTRY ')' ENCODING ::= SYMBOL FONT-SPEC is to specify properties of a font. FOUNDRY to REGISTRY are symbols corresponding to Mfoundry to Mregistry property of a font. See m17nFont for the meaning of each property. For instance, this FONT-SPEC: (nil alice0 lao iso8859-1) should be applied to all fonts whose family name is 'alice0 lao', and registry is 'iso8859-1'. ENCODING is a symbol representing a charset. A font matching FONT-SPEC supports all characters of the charset, and a character code is mapped to the corresponding glyph code of the font by this charset. REPERTORY is a symbol representing a charset or 'nil'. Omitting it is the same as specifying ENCODING as REPERTORY. If it is not 'nil', the charset specifies the repertory of the font, i.e, which character it supports. Otherwise, whether a specific character is supported by the font or not is asked to each font driver. For so called Unicode fonts (registry is 'iso10646-1'), it is recommended to specify 'nil' as REPERTORY because such fonts usually supports only a subset of Unicode characters. COPYRIGHT
Copyright (C) 2001 Information-technology Promotion Agency (IPA) Copyright (C) 2001-2011 National Institute of Advanced Industrial Science and Technology (AIST) Permission is granted to copy, distribute and/or modify this document under the terms of the GNU Free Documentation License <http://www.gnu.org/licenses/fdl.html>. Version 1.6.2 12 Jan 2011 mdbFontEncoding(5)