Sponsored Content
Top Forums Programming My exe takes more time for specied input Post 302342517 by SamRoj on Monday 10th of August 2009 05:06:54 AM
Old 08-10-2009
My exe takes more time for specied input

My application is coded in C++ and uses pro C to get data from oracle database. My executable file is taking more time to execute for some specified input. Is there any way to check where it spends the maximum time?

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Solaris

takes time to connect my application

getting delayed to connect to my database in solaris Does anyone help me to get out of this issue help will be more appreciated. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Gods_help
2 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

(Beginner) Run c++ .exe with input to file

Hi, I've got this requirement for my homework assignment, but I'm not sure how to meet it: In the comamnd line, I need to type $ <exec-file> <input> <output_file_name> Like: test 1+2 out.txt Which should execute test.exe passing in 1+2 and directing output to out.txt. I know how... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: JustinT
1 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

time how long it takes to load a module

Hello, like the title says, how can i measure the time it takes to load a module in Linux, and how how can i measure the time it takes to load a statically compiled module. /Best Regards Olle ---------- Post updated at 01:13 PM ---------- Previous update was at 11:54 AM ---------- For... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: ollebanan
0 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

sort takes a long time

Dear experts I have a 200MG text file in this format: text \tab number I try to sort using options -fd and it takes very long! is that normal or I can speed it up in some ways? I dont want to split the file since this one is already splitted. I use this command: sort -fd file >... (12 Replies)
Discussion started by: voolek
12 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Script that takes strings as input

Hello all! I need to take a series of inputs passed to one shell script and pass them to a second shell script. For example, the first shell script, script_one.sh, has the following inputs: ./script_one -u username -p password -option1 string1 -option2 -string2 ....Inside of script_one.sh... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: bashnewbee
4 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need help to run sql query from a script..which takes input from a file

I need to run sql script from shell script which takes the input from a file and contents of file will be like : 12345 34567 78657 and query will be like : select seq_nbr from bus_event where event_nbr='12345'; select seq_nbr from bus_event where event_nbr='34567'; select seq_nbr... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: rkrish
1 Replies

7. Red Hat

Login to server takes time

When I am trying to login to a server using Putty ssh from my windows xp machine it is taking too much time for login. My server name is http2 and when I enter this address into putty I immediately get login as: screen, but after I put my username root and enter the cursor moves downwards... (14 Replies)
Discussion started by: abhilashkrishn
14 Replies

8. AIX

Telnet or rsh takes too much time

telnet or rsh or ftp to an AIX machine takes too much time, like have to wait 3 minutes before the prompt appears. What can I look to troubleshoot this problem thanks (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: filosophizer
4 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Wget takes a long time to complete

Hi, I wish to check the return value for wget $url. However, some urls are designed to take 45 minutes or more to return. All i need to check if the URL can be reached or not using wget. How can i get wget to return the value in a few seconds ? (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: mohtashims
8 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Script that takes IP address as an Input and deletes 7 lines

I have a flat file that contains a list of IP address following 6 additional lines. I would like to get a help in the following. a shell script that would take ip address or list of ip addresses as input, search one by one the ip address in the file and as soon as it find the exact match it... (12 Replies)
Discussion started by: knijjar
12 Replies
XOpenIM(3)							  XLIB FUNCTIONS							XOpenIM(3)

NAME
XOpenIM, XCloseIM, XSetIMValues, XGetIMValues, XDisplayOfIM, XLocaleOfIM, XRegisterIMInstantiateCallback, XUnregisterIMInstantiateCallback - open, close, and obtain input method information SYNTAX
XIM XOpenIM(Display *display, XrmDatabase db, char *res_name, char *res_class); Status XCloseIM(XIM im); char *XSetIMValues(XIM im, ...); char *XGetIMValues(XIM im, ...); Display *XDisplayOfIM(XIM im); char *XLocaleOfIM(XIM im); Bool XRegisterIMInstantiateCallback(Display *display, XrmDatabase db, char *res_name, char *res_class, XIDProc callback, XPointer client_data); Bool XUnregisterIMInstantiateCallback(Display *display, XrmDatabase db, char *res_name, char *res_class, XIDProc callback, XPointer client_data); ARGUMENTS
callback Specifies a pointer to the input method instantiate callback. client_data Specifies the additional client data. db Specifies a pointer to the resource database. display Specifies the connection to the X server. im Specifies the input method. res_class Specifies the full class name of the application. res_name Specifies the full resource name of the application. ... Specifies the variable length argument list to set or get XIM values. DESCRIPTION
The XOpenIM function opens an input method, matching the current locale and modifiers specification. Current locale and modifiers are bound to the input method at opening time. The locale associated with an input method cannot be changed dynamically. This implies that the strings returned by XmbLookupString or XwcLookupString, for any input context affiliated with a given input method will be encoded in the locale current at the time the input method is opened. The specific input method to which this call will be routed is identified on the basis of the current locale. XOpenIM will identify a default input method corresponding to the current locale. That default can be modified using XSetLocaleModifiers for the input method mod- ifier. The db argument is the resource database to be used by the input method for looking up resources that are private to the input method. It is not intended that this database be used to look up values that can be set as IC values in an input context. If db is NULL, no database is passed to the input method. The res_name and res_class arguments specify the resource name and class of the application. They are intended to be used as prefixes by the input method when looking up resources that are common to all input contexts that may be created for this input method. The characters used for resource names and classes must be in the X Portable Character Set. The resources looked up are not fully specified if res_name or res_class is NULL. The res_name and res_class arguments are not assumed to exist beyond the call to XOpenIM. The specified resource database is assumed to exist for the lifetime of the input method. XOpenIM returns NULL if no input method could be opened. The XCloseIM function closes the specified input method. The XSetIMValues function presents a variable argument list programming interface for setting attributes of the specified input method. It returns NULL if it succeeds; otherwise, it returns the name of the first argument that could not be set. Xlib does not attempt to set arguments from the supplied list that follow the failed argument; all arguments in the list preceding the failed argument have been set correctly. The XGetIMValues function presents a variable argument list programming interface for querying properties or features of the specified input method. This function returns NULL if it succeeds; otherwise, it returns the name of the first argument that could not be obtained. Each XIM value argument (following a name) must point to a location where the XIM value is to be stored. That is, if the XIM value is of type T, the argument must be of type T*. If T itself is a pointer type, then XGetIMValues allocates memory to store the actual data, and the client is responsible for freeing this data by calling XFree with the returned pointer. The XDisplayOfIM function returns the display associated with the specified input method. The XLocaleOfIM function returns the locale associated with the specified input method. The XRegisterIMInstantiateCallback function registers a callback to be invoked whenever a new input method becomes available for the speci- fied display that matches the current locale and modifiers. The function returns True if it succeeds; otherwise, it returns False. The XUnregisterIMInstantiateCallback function removes an input method instantiation callback previously registered. The function returns True if it succeeds; otherwise, it returns False. SEE ALSO
XCreateIC(3), XSetICFocus(3), XSetICValues(3), XmbResetIC(3) Xlib - C Language X Interface X Version 11 libX11 1.6.0 XOpenIM(3)