Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: how to use career in unix
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers how to use career in unix Post 302342402 by glen.barber on Sunday 9th of August 2009 01:15:06 PM
Old 08-09-2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by sparcguy
Take a piece of paper and write down 5 reasons why you want a career in Unix.
...snip...
Quote:
if you like it for the money then better forget it, choose another career because you will not last.
Money doesn't even make it in the first 10 reasons for me - it's a benefit to all of the Other Stuff(tm). Smilie

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

A Unix career?

I am going on 16 and im wondering if a Unix career would be suitable for me when im 18, or if it will even be possible for me to get a job working as some sort of a junior sys admin at that age. I am just starting to get into all this Unix stuff and I see the vision. So, is it really possible... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Gavan
3 Replies

2. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

career as a unix admin and new graduate

Hello all, Im about to graduate with a degree in computer science. I think i've found my 'niche' in unix and would like to take it up as a career. I hope you dont mind answering a few questions. How hard is it to get the foot in the door? Whats the best way to get the foot in the door? ... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: stride6
5 Replies

3. What is on Your Mind?

Unix Career Path

Hi, I've been in the IT field for a few years now, less than 10. I've done a little of everything from database administration, development, systems administration, and unix administration. Although, I wouldnt say I'm a senior level in any of those. Unix definitely stands out in my preferences... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: NycUnxer
5 Replies

4. Programming

Unix Career path

Hi, I am having experience on Perl and C# and worked as Windows Sytem Admin and now iam planning to become a UNIX developer. I am having knowledge on basic UNIX.. can any one suggest me any good material for c/c++ UNIX programming. on what all things a UNIX Programmer needs to... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: chandrareddy1
0 Replies

5. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Suggestion Required for UNIX career

Hi, I am having experience on Perl and C# and worked as Windows Sytem Admin and now iam planning to become a UNIX developer. I am having knowledge on basic UNIX.. can any one suggest me any good material for c/c++ UNIX programming. on what all things a UNIX Programmer needs to... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: chandrareddy1
1 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

What are the career options in unix apart from unix system administration?

What are the career options in unix apart from unix system administration? (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: thulasidharan2k
2 Replies

7. What is on Your Mind?

Career in Unix

I need some advice regarding my career. I have been working for a major it company in a unix based support project. I have not learnt much in the 2 years except for basics in unix. I am really worried about my career thinking about what would happen next. I always wanted to be a developer but i... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: nani2say
10 Replies

8. What is on Your Mind?

UNIX career path

Hi All, This question is regarding career path. I was not sure about which forum I should drop it, so putting it here. I have 12 years of experience on UNIX i.e. majority of Solaris and some of Linux (Suse & Red Hat). Since starting I have been working on 100% administration side and I am not... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: solaris_1977
0 Replies

9. What is on Your Mind?

UNIX career path for Admin

Hello, Just wanted to have a suggestion on UNIX carrier path and I couldn't found any proper forum/blog where I can put this question better than this one. I have been working on Solaris from past 13 years and some years on Linux. It was completely on Admin side and never on development or... (12 Replies)
Discussion started by: solaris_1977
12 Replies

10. What is on Your Mind?

Need career advise as UNIX adminstrator

I have been working in application support at last 2 years. But I want to become unix administrator and I have basic knowledge in unix command, VI Editors, Unix file system. But I don't know proper procedure to become unix administrator, so could you please give suggestion and advise where I start... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: gopal88
4 Replies
LESSECHO(1)						      General Commands Manual						       LESSECHO(1)

NAME
lessecho - expand metacharacters, such as * and ?, in filenames on Unix systems. SYNOPSIS
lessecho [-ox] [-cx] [-pn] [-dn] [-a] file ... DESCRIPTION
This manual page documents briefly the lessecho command. This manual page was written for the Debian GNU/Linux distribution because the original program does not have a manual page. lessecho is a program that simply echos its filename arguments on standard output. But any argument containing spaces is enclosed in quotes. OPTIONS
A summary of options are included below. -ox Specifies "x" to be the open quote character. -cx Specifies "x" to be the close quote character. -pn Specifies "n" to be the open quote character, as an integer. -dn Specifies "n" to be the close quote character, as an integer. -a Specifies that all arguments are to be quoted. The default is that only arguments containing spaces are quoted. SEE ALSO
less(1) AUTHOR
This manual page was written by Thomas Schoepf <schoepf@debian.org>, for the Debian GNU/Linux system (but may be used by others). Less was written by Mark Nudelman <markn@greenwoodsoftware.com> LESSECHO(1)