Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Linux Red Hat Enhancing security of temporary folder Post 302342353 by Scott on Sunday 9th of August 2009 04:52:23 AM
Old 08-09-2009
Hi.

IMO: I don't see a lot of point in that article, but maybe that's just me.

My guess would be that you just don't have write access to the file (-r--r--r--). Chmod the file u+w.

6 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Enhancing Script (using loops) to go through for each group

Currently I have written a shell script that will add departments for one group (displayed below with configuration file). I want to enhance the script in order to add departments to multiple groups by: 1. Making changes to allow the script to loop through and write each dept/group combo into... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: dolo21taf
0 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Ping temporary off and down

We have a sun server which when pinged temporarily responds and sometimes dont respond. Which problems may it is facing? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: eelinker
1 Replies

3. Cybersecurity

Ubuntu folder level security

I have installed ubuntu. And I have create users ans groups. Suppose if the user enter into through Putty SSH. He should have access only to home folder and cannot move to other than $HOME. User should not able to root files and /$ files. Kindly provide solution. Regards Vasanth kumar (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: vasanthrj
3 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Security for applets files inside a folder

Friends I have a directory structure /a/b/c/applets/ This directory has .java, .class and other applet files. I gave the applets folder 755 permission because these applets are displayed at different web pages of a portal. Now I want to restrict the visibility of all the files in this... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: dahlia84
0 Replies

5. Solaris

Unix file, folder permissions, security auditing tools.

I want to periodically check if ASCII password/config files on Unix have 400 or 600 access. Folders and files are owned by designated group and user. Folders and Files do not have world write access. Are there any tools/scripts available for this kind of auditing that I can use on Solaris? (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: kchinnam
7 Replies

6. Android

Enhancing the very limited Command Line.

Sometime ago, somewhere on here, I said I was going to do some coding for Android. I installed the full dev kit and a few months ago this MBP developed a failed HDD consequently destroying the dev environment. I got an Android phone for XMAS and downloaded a terminal program. I then found... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: wisecracker
1 Replies
CVTBATCH(8)						    InterNetNews Documentation						       CVTBATCH(8)

NAME
cvtbatch - Convert Usenet batch files to INN format SYNOPSIS
cvtbatch [-w items] DESCRIPTION
cvtbatch reads standard input as a sequence of lines, converts each line, and writes it to standard output. It is used to convert simple batch files that contain just the storage API token of an article to INN batch files that contain additional information about each article. Each line is taken as a storage API token indicating a Usenet article. Only the first word of each line is parsed; anything following whitespace is ignored. Lines not starting with a valid token are also silently ignored. If the input file consists of a series of message-IDs, then use grephistory with the -s flag piped into cvtbatch. OPTIONS
-w items The -w flag specifies how each output line should be written. The items for this flag should be chosen from the "W" flag items as specified in newsfeeds(5). They may be chosen from the following set: b Size of the article in bytes. f Storage API token of the article (same as "n"). m Article message-ID. n Storage API token of the article. t Arrival time of the article as seconds since epoch. The default is "nm", that is to say the storage API token followed by the message-ID of the article. HISTORY
Written by Rich $alz <rsalz@uunet.uu.net> for InterNetNews. Converted to POD by Julien Elie. $Id: cvtbatch.pod 8776 2009-11-15 09:24:06Z iulius $ SEE ALSO
grephistory(1), newsfeeds(5). INN 2.5.2 2009-11-15 CVTBATCH(8)