Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Unix on a Mac OS X
Operating Systems OS X (Apple) Unix on a Mac OS X Post 302342276 by hresquivelo on Saturday 8th of August 2009 11:05:52 AM
Old 08-08-2009
Unix on a Mac OS X

Hi. I'm using a Mac computer to perform all my Unix operations. At the moment, I'm employing osascript to interact between windows and don't know whether the same is possible to do it on a BASH shell without calling osascript. If so, I would like to see an example of how to do it.

Many thanks in advance.

7 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Unix on Mac

Simple Q here. What GOOD telnet programs are out there for MAC. I use this one that can't utilize the VI editor. I don't know why. Thankx for your help in advance. /D (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: DIEZEL
8 Replies

2. UNIX Desktop Questions & Answers

Mac OS X & Unix.

Are the Terminal commands used in Mac OS 10.1.3 the same as those found on a real Unix system? if they are, what book would you recommend as a terminal refferance guide? I already have 'The Missing Manual' by O'Reilly, but there ain't much in terms of managing the system via the terminal :( ... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: LAdesign
9 Replies

3. OS X (Apple)

unix flavour on mac

I'm quite interested in resusing an old bondi iMac i have as a unix box, and i was wondering what distro people would recomend. I had thought of using BSD/FreeBSD cos thats what osx is based on. I'm doing this as a teaching excercise (for myself) so i'm looking for something achievable rather than... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: ora
9 Replies

4. OS X (Apple)

mac unix

Can anyone tell me were to download unix software for Mac OS X (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: ezadea
10 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

mac unix

hi, i'm running mac 10.5, and i have a file eg. program after i compiled on the terminal using this command; cc -o program program.c however, i'm unable to see the process hierachy for that program. i tried using "ps -C program -l --forest" and unable to see the tree structure. need... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: grotesque
1 Replies

6. OS X (Apple)

Mac OS X & UNIX

I just joined the Forum a few days ago! :) I have a mac book and decided to look under the hood. Low and behold, UNIX! To be honest, I know nothing about unix, but I want to learn. I have no real goals as of yet, other than to learn what I can. I do own a few domains hosted by a good company. ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: fellojello
4 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

unix on mac

Hello, I formated my hard disk and i recovered some videos, but the thing is the videos were in .MOV format and now there are just UNIX executable files, i tried to write at the end of the name the extension but quicktime didn't recognize me the videos, somebody can help me with this problem... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: arielorc
1 Replies
File::Spec::Functions(3)				User Contributed Perl Documentation				  File::Spec::Functions(3)

NAME
File::Spec::Functions - portably perform operations on file names SYNOPSIS
use File::Spec::Functions; $x = catfile('a','b'); DESCRIPTION
This module exports convenience functions for all of the class methods provided by File::Spec. For a reference of available functions, please consult File::Spec::Unix, which contains the entire set, and which is inherited by the modules for other platforms. For further information, please see File::Spec::Mac, File::Spec::OS2, File::Spec::Win32, or File::Spec::VMS. Exports The following functions are exported by default. canonpath catdir catfile curdir rootdir updir no_upwards file_name_is_absolute path The following functions are exported only by request. devnull tmpdir splitpath splitdir catpath abs2rel rel2abs case_tolerant All the functions may be imported using the ":ALL" tag. COPYRIGHT
Copyright (c) 2004 by the Perl 5 Porters. All rights reserved. This program is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the same terms as Perl itself. SEE ALSO
File::Spec, File::Spec::Unix, File::Spec::Mac, File::Spec::OS2, File::Spec::Win32, File::Spec::VMS, ExtUtils::MakeMaker perl v5.16.3 2013-01-16 File::Spec::Functions(3)