Sponsored Content
The Lounge What is on Your Mind? Post Your Favorite Joke! Laugh a Little! Post 302342267 by bakunin on Saturday 8th of August 2009 10:05:10 AM
Old 08-08-2009
The following is not a joke but a story which really happened:

A colleague of mine was working as a support guy at a real big german software company which sells standard software (if you guessed that its name starts with an "S" you are correct). A manager once called and complained that his mouse was "working shaky". The reason was simple: mice worked with balls back then and the device has gobbled up enough dirt that the ball wasn't working properly any more. The solution was simple: clean it.

The guy was told exactly this, but - being a manager - wanted to have it done. So he "played dumb" and complained - until he got to my colleague.

He went straight to his office and told him: "All that talk about dirt is nonsense. You got one of these new mouse pads last month?"

"Yes."

"Well, the company saved on these and they are very poor quality, not completely anti-static and so."

He added some pseudo-technical mumbo-jumbo to that to drive the message home, then went in for the kill: "Whatever we will do the problem will persist because the statical electricity will not be removed. But you could do the following: they have a high-quality carpeting everywhere here, which is - being designed especially for computerized workplaces - completely anti-static, anti-whatsoever and fully digitally compatible. Just unplug your mouse and drag it behind you for some time, this will slowly remove all the static electricity and it will work perfectly again."

Then he ran back to our office and told us all to watch. Right there, at lunchtime, we saw the guy walking his mouse.

bakunin

6 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. What is on Your Mind?

Post Your Favorite UNIX/Linux Related RSS Feed Links

Hello, I am planning to revise the RSS News subforum areas, here: News, Links, Events and Announcements - The UNIX Forums ... maybe with a subforum for each OS specific news, like HP-UX, Solaris, RedHat, OSX, etc. RSS subforums.... Please post your favorite OS specific RSS (RSS2) link... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Neo
0 Replies

2. What is on Your Mind?

This will make you laugh.

Some of you may have seen this on other websites. But if you havnt this is great. It could actually be one of you here. Being in the IT Industry I have seen it ALMOST to this extent. The Website is Down!!! My Networks Down - FIX IT! :b: (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Ikon
0 Replies

3. Web Development

Post Your Favorite FireFox Add-Ons Here

In an earlier poll I was a bit surprised to learn that FireFox was so popular, over 95% have voted for FireFox to date. So, let's take a little time and please list your favorite, most useful, FireFox add-ons (with links to the add-on) and add a few words on how often and how useful do you find... (17 Replies)
Discussion started by: Neo
17 Replies

4. What is on Your Mind?

Contagious Laugh

If you watch this and dont laugh, something is very wrong with you. Contagious Laugh .:b: (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Ikon
0 Replies

5. What is on Your Mind?

Very Funny - Had to laugh

Guys, This is funny. http://i28.photobucket.com/albums/c228/jralph2005/bart.png jaysunn (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: jaysunn
2 Replies

6. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Is it a joke or a command?

Hello, I have found some commands in a forum under "top ten unix commands" topic and I'd like to ask: what does below command do: Could it really be a command or a joke? :(){ :|:& };: Thanks Boris (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: baris35
6 Replies
VMMOUSE(4)						     Kernel Interfaces Manual							VMMOUSE(4)

NAME
vmmouse - VMware Mouse input driver SYNOPSIS
Section "InputDevice" Identifier "idevname" Driver "vmmouse" ... EndSection DESCRIPTION
vmmouse is an XFree86 input driver for mice. The driver supports most available mouse types and interfaces. USB mice are only supported on some OSs, and the level of support for PS/2 mice depends on the OS. The vmmouse driver functions as a pointer input device, and may be used as the X server's core pointer. Multiple mice are supported by multiple instances of this driver. CONFIGURATION DETAILS
Please refer to xorg.conf(5) for general configuration details and for options that can be used with all input drivers. This section only covers configuration details specific to this driver. The driver will automatically detect if the vmmouse device is present and if it is not, it will load the regular mouse driver and attempt to fall back to it. There are no vmmouse specific options, but if you set mouse(4) options, they will be passed on. See the mouse(4) man page for details on these options. SEE ALSO
Xorg(1), xorg.conf(5), Xserver(1), X(7), mouse(4) AUTHORS
Copyright (c) 1999-2007 VMware, Inc. X Version 11 xf86-input-vmmouse 12.9.0 VMMOUSE(4)