Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting running localhost:8080 on firefox gives error . Post 302342017 by chipcmc on Friday 7th of August 2009 07:38:50 AM
Old 08-07-2009
"http://localhost/" -> this means port 80

"http://localhost:8080/simple.xml" -> port 8080?

in wich port are you Apache listening xD

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. IP Networking

Resolving port 8080 in DNS

Hi I have my DNS servers (BIND 8) running on two Solaris 8 boxes. I need to be able to resolve an address blah.xxx.net to an IP address followed by :8080 - (for Tomcat). I tried doing this in my zone file but it failed. Can someone give me a pointer on where this configuration should be done?... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: korfnz
1 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

enabling port 8080

hey everyone, i have just finished configuring apache 2.0 with the php and pgsql modules installed on it.. httpd.conf is configured and everything is running right after a lengthy bit of reading and struggling with the system.. the only problem left is how do i enable the port that i would access... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: moxxx68
3 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

AIX localhost error

I have a AIX box. When i ping localhost, it is pinging to some other IP address. When I remove resolv.conf it is working fine. ? What could be the reason ? I have netsvc.conf file with the below given entry hosts=local,bind Many Thanks !! (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: pramodvr
1 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Error while doing rcp to localhost

Hi, Rcping a file to localhost fails due to echo statement in .login file on a machine with RH 5.5 However, the same rcp is successful on another machine with Suse 9.2 (with the same .login). I cannot change .login file and was wondering at what could be causing this ? Command that I am... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: coolket
2 Replies

5. Debian

error running firefox.desktop file

Hi, I installed the FF3 on my new Debian, and part of the installation guidance is to save a file named firefox.desktop on the desktop, which should act like a shortcut to the FF. The file content is: Name=Mozilla Firefox Browser Comment=lightweight browser based on mozilla Exec=firefox... (15 Replies)
Discussion started by: JonesD1
15 Replies

6. Slackware

I/O Error on starting firefox

I was trying to open the port for my ftp end also I´ve triedto start firefox and so i received the following error: Input / Output Error. When i try to start that one in console i receive the following: No Protocol Especified No Protocol Especified Error: Cannot open display: :0,0 (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: darkpirate
1 Replies

7. Red Hat

Unable to Open port 8080

Hi Experts, I am receiving below error while trying to connect port 8080. Could not open connection to the host, on port 8080 : connection refused. iptables configuration /etc/sysconfig/iptables # Firewall configuration written by system-config-firewall # Manual customization of... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: sai_2507
1 Replies

8. Solaris

Library error while opening firefox

I have Solaris-10 zone, where I can open firefox in GUI via MobaXterm with root user, but when I try to open it with non root user, it fails with below error $ which firefox /usr/bin/firefox $ firefox ld.so.1: firefox-bin: fatal: relocation error: file... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: solaris_1977
6 Replies

9. Homework & Coursework Questions

Firefox is already running, but is not responding.

Use and complete the template provided. The entire template must be completed. If you don't, your post may be deleted! 1. The problem statement, all variables and given/known data: I am logging in as a regular user, whose home directory is being mounted from nfs server. When I tried to open a... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: Ankur Goyal
8 Replies

10. AIX

Telnet is not happening on port number 8080

Dear Experts, I am trying to open 8080 port on my Aix 7.1 server. I made an entry in /etc/services for the port. and refreshed the inetd service. But when I try to telnet localhost 8080, telnet is not happening. connection refused error is coming. I can able to telnet localhost 23 its working... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: aix.rockie
9 Replies
NET-SERVER(1)						User Contributed Perl Documentation					     NET-SERVER(1)

NAME
net-server - Base Net::Server starting module SYNOPSIS
net-server [base type] [net server arguments] net-server PreFork ipv '*' net-server HTTP net-server HTTP app foo.cgi net-server HTTP app foo.cgi app /=bar.cgi net-server HTTP port 8080 port 8443/ssl ipv '*' server_type PreFork --SSL_key_file=my.key --SSL_cert_file=my.crt access_log_file STDERR DESCRIPTION
The net-server program gives a simple way to test out code and try port connection parameters. Though the running server can be robust enough for full tim use, it is anticipated that this binary will just be used for basic testing of net-server ports, acting as a simple echo server, or for running development scripts as CGI. OPTIONS
"base type" The very first argument may be a Net::Server flavor. This is given as shorthand for writing out server_type "ServerFlavor". Additionally, this allows types such as HTTP and PSGI, which are not true Net::Server base types, to subclass other server types via an additional server_type argument. net-server PreFork net-server HTTP # becomes a HTTP server in the Fork flavor net-server HTTP server_type PreFork # preforking HTTP server "port" Port to bind upon. Default is 80 if running a HTTP server as root, 8080 if running a HTTP server as non-root, or 20203 otherwise. Multiple value can be given for binding to multiple ports. All of the methods for specifying port attributes enumerated in Net::Server and Net::Server::Proto are available here. net-server port 20201 net-server port 20202 net-server port 20203/IPv6 "host" Host to bind to. Default is *. Will bind to an IPv4 socket if an IPv4 address is given. Will bind to an IPv6 socket if an IPv6 address is given (requires installation of IO::Socket::INET6). If a hostname is given and "ipv" is still set to 4, an IPv4 socket will be created. If a hostname is given and "ipv" is set to 6, an IPv6 socket will be created. If a hostname is given and "ipv" is set to * (default), a lookup will be performed and any available IPv4 or IPv6 addresses will be bound. The "ipv" parameter can be set directly, or passed along in the port, or additionally can be passed as part of the hostname. net-server host localhost net-server host localhost/IPv4 There are many more options available. Please see the Net::Server documentation. AUTHOR
Paul Seamons <paul at seamons.com> LICENSE
This package may be distributed under the terms of either the GNU General Public License or the Perl Artistic License perl v5.16.2 2012-06-12 NET-SERVER(1)