Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: audit.log file rotation
Operating Systems AIX audit.log file rotation Post 302341977 by zaxxon on Friday 7th of August 2009 05:25:36 AM
Old 08-07-2009
I am not into auditing but I found this, I hope it helps. They talk about maxsize of auditing log etc.
IBM Cluster information center

Also found this:
auditlog(ADM)

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. HP-UX

Log rotation on HP-UX

Can anyone post a sample log rotate and archive configuration on HP-UX? I really don't know how to do that... :( (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: untamed
3 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

log rotation

Hello all. Due to some reason I can not use HUP to rotate needed log files. So I use the standard method: cp $file $file.1 cat /dev/null > $file But if Java application in this time writing the output to $file, in the beginning of it appears many "^@^@^@^@^@^@". How to avoid it? Or how... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: mirusnet
6 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Log file rotation

Hi I am trying to create a simple function that implements log rotation rotatelogs () { file_name=$1 archive_dir=$2 retention_period=$3 find $archive_dir -name $file_name -mtime +$retention_period -exec rm -f {} \; } Issue i am facing is the file_name would be something like my... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: xiamin
3 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Check File Size For Log Rotation

Hi Can anyone assist me, I am trying to compate the size of a logfile to a maximum size 1000 and delete if exceeds the limit. The problem I am getting is the command not found for the line if ( $LOGNAME_SIZE >= $MAXSIZE); then Appreciate your response. Script: LOGDIR="/home/... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: sureshcisco
6 Replies

5. Solaris

Log rotation, twice

hi folk, need advise regarding the log rotation, i have the logadm set at 30 2 * * * /usr/sbin/logadm so it supposed to rotate once per day, but now it rotated twice! but someone my log will rotate at 2:30 AM, but then another 2 hours later, it creates a new and rotate a new log again,... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: dehetoxic
2 Replies

6. AIX

When AIX audit start, How to set the /audit/stream.out file size ?

Dear All When I start the AIX(6100-06)audit subsystem. the log will save in /audit/stream.out (or /audit/trail), but in default when /audit/stream.out to grow up to 150MB. It will replace the original /audit/stream.out (or /audit/trail). Then the /audit/stream.out become empty and... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: nnnnnnine
2 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Log Rotation

Hi Guys, Good morning, I just want to know and collect ideas on this one. Regarding rotation of logs as I've observed it's not consistently functioning. I have a server with 8 Partitions, each partition has a dedicated directory for the logs that is needed and I set it every 5mins (300secs) the... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: rymnd_12345
1 Replies

8. Solaris

Log rotation

Hi All! I seem to have a problem with log rotation, unless I am doing something wrong, I have type the following command for testing purposes to see if the -s option works but he did not: logadm -w /var/adm/messages -C 8 -c -s 512k -t '/var/adm/messages.$n' -z 1 the file is now at this... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: fretagi
7 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Log rotation script

I have an application that rotate its log once it reaches 100mb and it keeps a total of 24 logs. I am trying to write a script to run daily to tar up the previous day logs files and move them to a different directory. here is a long listing of the logs in the directory: -rw-r--r-- 1 user1 ... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: e_mikey_2000
6 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Rename the Linux log file to the rotation date

Hi all, could any provide me a solution for the below requirement. I have two files namely abc.log.1 and abc.log.2 The above files have time stamp as Dec 08 and Dec 09 I need to rename the files as abc.log.1_20141208 and abc.log.2_20141209 and move to another bkp directory. Thanks in... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: bhaskar t
2 Replies
URI::URL(3)						User Contributed Perl Documentation					       URI::URL(3)

NAME
URI::URL - Uniform Resource Locators SYNOPSIS
$u1 = URI::URL->new($str, $base); $u2 = $u1->abs; DESCRIPTION
This module is provided for backwards compatibility with modules that depend on the interface provided by the "URI::URL" class that used to be distributed with the libwww-perl library. The following differences exist compared to the "URI" class interface: o The URI::URL module exports the url() function as an alternate constructor interface. o The constructor takes an optional $base argument. The "URI::URL" class is a subclass of "URI::WithBase". o The URI::URL->newlocal class method is the same as URI::file->new_abs. o URI::URL::strict(1) o $url->print_on method o $url->crack method o $url->full_path: same as ($uri->abs_path || "/") o $url->netloc: same as $uri->authority o $url->epath, $url->equery: same as $uri->path, $uri->query o $url->path and $url->query pass unescaped strings. o $url->path_components: same as $uri->path_segments (if you don't consider path segment parameters) o $url->params and $url->eparams methods o $url->base method. See URI::WithBase. o $url->abs and $url->rel have an optional $base argument. See URI::WithBase. o $url->frag: same as $uri->fragment o $url->keywords: same as $uri->query_keywords o $url->localpath and friends map to $uri->file. o $url->address and $url->encoded822addr: same as $uri->to for mailto URI o $url->groupart method for news URI o $url->article: same as $uri->message SEE ALSO
URI, URI::WithBase COPYRIGHT
Copyright 1998-2000 Gisle Aas. perl v5.18.2 2012-02-11 URI::URL(3)