Sponsored Content
The Lounge What is on Your Mind? Demographics of unix.com users Post 302341915 by sparcguy on Friday 7th of August 2009 02:03:46 AM
Old 08-07-2009
I remember an old thread some time back where they gave a break down by ip address and region.

8 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

users logging on to unix boxes

I have been asked to write a unix script to log and report all users logging on to our unix boxes as either the root or oracle users only on a 24 hour basis. This should trap the logon and logoff time,if possible what they are doing and their username. Thanks in Advance (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: irehman
2 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

UNIX help for Windows users?

Is there any sort of documentation that translates windows commands into linux commands? ...just the basic stuff that you would do on your win PC translated to linux? For example in windows to configure your network card you would... Settings > Control Panel > Network Connections > Local... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: TINO
3 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How to view users in unix

Hi, Im newbie here and in unix as well. How can i view users in unix? Im viewed them in shadow file (i typed: vi /etc/shadow) but some unix (im confused if its unix or linux or bsd, but i think it has a little thing in common or differnce) has no shadow file?! What must i do to view the users... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: jerome
6 Replies

4. UNIX Desktop Questions & Answers

Creating New Users in UNIX Machine !!!

Hi How to create users in the UNIX machine .... I am the ROOT and i want to create users with normal privileges . a) Please give the sequence of commands which i need to use. b) How to set their userid and passwords (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: skyineyes
3 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

No of Users in Unix

Hi All, Is there any command or any way to find out no of users active in unix system without using any file(like /etc/password). Help me please. (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: umesh.rout
5 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Finding out all users and their UNIX groups??

Is there a way to find out all users and the UNIX groups they belong to?? :) (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Hangman2
3 Replies

7. What is on Your Mind?

Forum Demographics: Male or Female?

Just for fun, are you a male or a female? Thanks for helping out in the demographic survey! ---------- Post updated at 12:20 ---------- Previous update was at 09:39 ---------- FYI: Summary of Forum Demographics | The UNIX and Linux Forums Blog (14 Replies)
Discussion started by: Neo
14 Replies

8. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Need to find the user id of all users in UNIX

I need to find all the unix user id's of all the users in unix... is there any such command... pl help out (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: Syed Imran
6 Replies
end(3C) 																   end(3C)

NAME
end, edata, etext, __data_start, __text_start - last locations in program SYNOPSIS
DESCRIPTION
These names refer neither to routines nor to locations with interesting contents. The address of the symbols and is the first address above the program text. The address of and is the first address above the initialized data region. The address of and is the first address above the uninitialized data region. The address of the symbol is the beginning address of the program's data area, and is the beginning address of the program's text area. The linker defines these symbols with the appropriate values if they are referenced by the program but not defined. The linker issues an error if the user attempts to define or When execution begins, the program break (the first location beyond the data) coincides with but the program break can be reset by the rou- tines of brk(2), malloc(3C), standard input/output (stdio(3S)), the profile option of cc(1), and so on. Thus, the current value of the program break should be determined by (see brk(2)). WARNINGS
In C, these names must look like addresses. Thus, use instead of to access the current value of end. SEE ALSO
System Tools cc(1) Invoke the HP-UX C compiler ld(1) Invoke the link editor Miscellaneous brk(2) Change data segment space allocation crt0(3) Execution startup routine malloc(3C) Main memory allocator stdio(3S) Standard buffered input/output stream file package STANDARDS CONFORMANCE
end(3C)