Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting time stamp perl script error out of range 1..31 Post 302341850 by saha on Thursday 6th of August 2009 05:55:01 PM
Old 08-06-2009
time stamp perl script error out of range 1..31

Hi,

while running the perl script i am getting this error message ,
Day '' out of range 1..31 at rsty.sh line 44

what do iam missing in the script, any suggestion
#!/usr/bin/perl
use Time::Local;
my $wday = $ARGV[0];
my $month = $ARGV[1];
# convert the month shortname into 0-11 number
if ( $month eq "Jan" ) { $mon = 0 }
elsif ( $month eq "Feb" ) { $mon = 1 }
elsif ( $month eq "Mar" ) { $mon = 2 }
elsif ( $month eq "Apr" ) { $mon = 3 }
elsif ( $month eq "May" ) { $mon = 4 }
elsif ( $month eq "Jun" ) { $mon = 5 }
elsif ( $month eq "Jul" ) { $mon = 6 }
elsif ( $month eq "Aug" ) { $mon = 7 }
elsif ( $month eq "Sep" ) { $mon = 8 }
elsif ( $month eq "Oct" ) { $mon = 9 }
elsif ( $month eq "Nov" ) { $mon = 10 }
elsif ( $month eq "Dec" ) { $mon = 11 };
my $mday = $ARGV[2];
# initialize time varialble and split hours (24 hr format), minutes, seconds into an array
my $time = $ARGV[3];
@time = split /:/, $time;
# if the timezone is left out of the input, the position of year becomes 5th in ARGV
my $year = $ARGV[4];

$epoch= timelocal($time[2], $time[1], $time[0], $mday, $mon, $year);
print "$epoch\n";

Thanks
saha

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

script for listing files of today's time stamp

Hi, I need to write a script,which behaves like this, Given the folder name, it should list the files with today's timestamp. Please direct me on this. Thanks. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: kid123
2 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Perl, time stamp issue. 60th minutes

Hi Guys, Could you tell me how you can get the time stamp for 60th minutes? Currently, we name our file using time stamp upto minutes and then add seconds at the end starting from 01. And when the seconds reaches 60 we simply add 1 to the time stamp and reset the seconds to 00. But the... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: supaLucas
3 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

append date time stamp via ftp script

I have searched several thread and not found my solution, so I am posting a new qustion. I have a very simple script on an AIX server that FTPs 2 files to a MS FTP server. These 2 files are created on the AIX server every hour, with a static name. I need to FTP the files to the MS server, but... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: sknisely
1 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Changing File Time Stamp (Bash Script)

I need some help recovering from a "slight" screwup. We just moved 3 TB of data from one RAID Array to another. Low lever archive files. This was done with a regular cp (for some reason) and now we have lost all the timestamps on the files, and we urgently need to get the timestamps back on these... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: chj
7 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Shell Script not showing accurate Time Stamp and Size

Hey guys - I have made this script and for some reason, I dont see time stamp as "Month-Day-YYYY Hours-Mins" - all i see is Month and Day. Also, my file size is approximated. For example, if the size is 19,606KB - the script shows as 20M. Is there a way to see the exact file size? How do i... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: DallasT
2 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How to get the next time stamp in perl?

Hi, I have to find the next time stamp in perl. Here is the code. @time = loaltime(time); print "\n Present time: $time:$time:$time \n"; For example if the time is: "12:55:02" after some process the time becomes 1:00:00. How do i check when it becomes 00:00 i.e from "12:55:02... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: vanitham
0 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Unable to create logfile with local time stamp using perl

Hello All, Morning, I am facing problem with my code while creating a log with name as current time stamp using perl. Here is the code. #!/usr/bin/perl my $time=localtime; my ($day,$month,$date,$tm,$year)=split(/ /,$time); my $stamp=$year."_".$month."_".$date; my... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: krsnadasa
4 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk - check time stamp between range or not

I want to check given time stamp is between the given time stamp or not. I am using AIX. YYYYMMDDHHMMSS abc.csv START TIME, END TIME 20130209018000,20130509022000 20120209018000,20130509022000 20120209018000,20130509022000 Script will check given time stamp is between above two range or... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: vegasluxor
2 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Perl:Script to append date and time stamp

Help with Perl script : I have a web.xml file with a line <display-name>some_text_here</display-name> Need to append the current date and time stamp to the string and save the XML file Something like <display-name>some_text_here._01_23_2014_03_56_33</display-name> -->Finally want... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: gaurav99
5 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need Time Stamp Range On Log Files

I have created this script #!/bin/sh FILES=/data/log/access_*.log for f in $FILES do echo "Processing $f file" cat $f | awk '{print $1}' | sort | uniq -c | sort -n | tail done It produces this output Processing /data/log/access_abc.log file 114 1.1.1.1 167 2.2.2.2 ... (38 Replies)
Discussion started by: sharingsunshine
38 Replies
Time::Local(3pm)					 Perl Programmers Reference Guide					  Time::Local(3pm)

NAME
Time::Local - efficiently compute time from local and GMT time SYNOPSIS
$time = timelocal($sec,$min,$hour,$mday,$mon,$year); $time = timegm($sec,$min,$hour,$mday,$mon,$year); DESCRIPTION
These routines are the inverse of built-in perl functions localtime() and gmtime(). They accept a date as a six-element array, and return the corresponding time(2) value in seconds since the Epoch (Midnight, January 1, 1970). This value can be positive or negative. It is worth drawing particular attention to the expected ranges for the values provided. The value for the day of the month is the actual day (ie 1..31), while the month is the number of months since January (0..11). This is consistent with the values returned from local- time() and gmtime(). The timelocal() and timegm() functions perform range checking on the input $sec, $min, $hour, $mday, and $mon values by default. If you'd rather they didn't, you can explicitly import the timelocal_nocheck() and timegm_nocheck() functions. use Time::Local 'timelocal_nocheck'; { # The 365th day of 1999 print scalar localtime timelocal_nocheck 0,0,0,365,0,99; # The twenty thousandth day since 1970 print scalar localtime timelocal_nocheck 0,0,0,20000,0,70; # And even the 10,000,000th second since 1999! print scalar localtime timelocal_nocheck 10000000,0,0,1,0,99; } Your mileage may vary when trying these with minutes and hours, and it doesn't work at all for months. Strictly speaking, the year should also be specified in a form consistent with localtime(), i.e. the offset from 1900. In order to make the interpretation of the year easier for humans, however, who are more accustomed to seeing years as two-digit or four-digit values, the following conventions are followed: o Years greater than 999 are interpreted as being the actual year, rather than the offset from 1900. Thus, 1963 would indicate the year Martin Luther King won the Nobel prize, not the year 2863. o Years in the range 100..999 are interpreted as offset from 1900, so that 112 indicates 2012. This rule also applies to years less than zero (but see note below regarding date range). o Years in the range 0..99 are interpreted as shorthand for years in the rolling "current century," defined as 50 years on either side of the current year. Thus, today, in 1999, 0 would refer to 2000, and 45 to 2045, but 55 would refer to 1955. Twenty years from now, 55 would instead refer to 2055. This is messy, but matches the way people currently think about two digit dates. Whenever possible, use an absolute four digit year instead. The scheme above allows interpretation of a wide range of dates, particularly if 4-digit years are used. Please note, however, that the range of dates that can be actually be handled depends on the size of an integer (time_t) on a given plat- form. Currently, this is 32 bits for most systems, yielding an approximate range from Dec 1901 to Jan 2038. Both timelocal() and timegm() croak if given dates outside the supported range. IMPLEMENTATION
These routines are quite efficient and yet are always guaranteed to agree with localtime() and gmtime(). We manage this by caching the start times of any months we've seen before. If we know the start time of the month, we can always calculate any time within the month. The start times are calculated using a mathematical formula. Unlike other algorithms that do multiple calls to gmtime(). timelocal() is implemented using the same cache. We just assume that we're translating a GMT time, and then fudge it when we're done for the timezone and daylight savings arguments. Note that the timezone is evaluated for each date because countries occasionally change their official timezones. Assuming that localtime() corrects for these changes, this routine will also be correct. BUGS
The whole scheme for interpreting two-digit years can be considered a bug. The proclivity to croak() is probably a bug. perl v5.8.0 2002-06-01 Time::Local(3pm)