Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Can SunOS be virtualized?
Operating Systems Solaris Can SunOS be virtualized? Post 302341813 by TonyFullerMalv on Thursday 6th of August 2009 04:11:46 PM
Old 08-06-2009
SunOS is customarily used to refer to Solaris V1.x ,i.e. SunOS V4.1.4 which was for Sparc processor only and could not be virtualised using Zones.

So, what Sun operating system are you using at your main/production site, what version and on what processor?

4 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Migration of binary file from Sunos 5.8 to Sunos 5.9

I have compiled binary file using "cc" on SunOS 5.8 and the same binary file i have copied to SunOS 5.9 and it is giving me core dump error.I want to know whether migration of compiled code from lower version to higer version created this problem. how can i solve this problem.I am pasting the core... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Arvind Maurya
1 Replies

2. Virtualization and Cloud Computing

Facebook Meets the Virtualized Enterprise

HPL-2008-72 Facebook Meets the Virtualized Enterprise - Curry, Roger; Kiddie, Cameron; Markatchev, Nayden; Simmonds, Rob; Tan, Tingxi; Arlitt, Martin; Walker, Bruce Keyword(s): social networking, Web 2.0, cloud computing Abstract: "Web 2.0" and "cloud computing" are revolutionizing the... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Linux Bot
0 Replies

3. Solaris

Available design options for a cluster hosting many different virtualized Solaris versions

Good day, everyone, and thanks first off for reading my question. So, I have been Googling and reading oracle documentation for the past couple weeks, and I am just getting more and more confused as to what I need to do, and I would really appreciate some guidance or at least pointing me to... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Lyxix
4 Replies

4. Linux

Unique Linux ID in virtualized environment

Hi I need to know what is the unique identifier for Linux OS even in a virtualized environment? eg like Machine GUID for windows. I need to know something similar for linux, AIX, Solaris in virtualized environment. Thanks (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: skyineyes
6 Replies
pset_list(2)							   System Calls 						      pset_list(2)

NAME
pset_list - get list of processor sets SYNOPSIS
#include <sys/pset.h> int pset_list(psetid_t *psetlist, uint_t *numpsets); DESCRIPTION
The pset_list() function returns a list of processor sets in the system. If numpsets is non-null, then on successful completion the number of processor sets in the system will be stored in the location pointed to by numpsets. If numpsets and psetlist are both non-null, then psetlist points to a buffer where a list of processor sets in the system is to be stored, and numpsets points to the maximum number of processor set IDs the buffer can hold. On successful completion, the list of processor sets up to the maximum buffer size is stored in the buffer pointed to by psetlist. RETURN VALUES
Upon successful completion, 0 is returned. Otherwise, -1 is returned and errno is set to indicate the error. ERRORS
The pset_list() function will fail if: EFAULT The location pointed to by psetlist or numpsets was not null and not writable by the user. USAGE
If the caller is in a non-global zone and the pools facility is active, pset_list() returns only the processor set of the pool to which the zone is bound. ATTRIBUTES
See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Interface Stability |Stable | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |MT-Level |Async-Signal-Safe | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ SEE ALSO
pooladm(1M), psrset(1M), zoneadm(1M), processor_info(2), pset_bind(2), pset_create(2), pset_info(2), pset_getloadavg(3C), attributes(5) SunOS 5.11 28 Jun 2004 pset_list(2)